National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 02-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looking forward to alot of GTOs (and Pontiacs) in my hometown area.

The convention center is 200 yards from my office.

1966 GTO Montero Red Hardtop - Holley EFI'd 462, KRE DPorts/Muncie 4spd
1990 Chevy 454SS pickup - Accel DFI/T56 6spd - Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
1996 Chevy K2500 ECSB 'Poopy'
2002 Honda VTX1800C
2016 Cadillac CTS Premium

My project thread: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=516826

Old 02-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Are the Pirates in town?

Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 AM

Default Bucs in Town

Pirates are in town.

July 1-3 vs. Arizona, July 4-6 vs. Phillies

Old 02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Administrator

hmmm...interesting

Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 AM

Some of the guest speakers include Milt Schornack, Don Keefe, Dan Yaworski (Meguiars), Dennis Kirban, Dennis Parus (Ride On Appraisals), Tim Dye, Jim Wangers,
Jim Mattison, Judge Frank Fregiato, Arnie Beswick. The GTOAA Board of Directors will
have a Roundtable discussion. Also Monkeemobile will be there.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:19 AM

Jim Wangers Invitational Drag Race will be held at Pittsburgh Raceway Park on July 3,
sponsored in part by Butler Performance and Kaufmann Racing Equipment. Special guest
Arnie Beswick and the Tameless Tiger. For more details go to www.greaterpghgto.com.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:19 PM

is that correct on the flyer? $250 to win ?

Old 05-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Default Drag Racing

Super Pro and Pro pay $250 for 1st. Street and Factory pay $200 for 1st.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:38 AM

Default Host Hotel

Anyone wanting on the waiting list for the host hotel please call Cheryl at 724 515-7629
to be added to the list.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:36 AM

Default Drag Racing

We are sorry to announce that the drag racing scheduled for Thursday July 3 has been
cancelled.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you

Old 06-11-2014, 08:09 PM

why was it cancelled?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Senior Chief

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEFASTLEMANS View Post
why was it cancelled?
The GTOAA convention web site says due to lack of interest

Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 PM

ok then, i,ll cross that off my to do list,,,

Old 06-13-2014, 10:58 PM
PY VIP

I will have to start going over my notes as I am one of the guest speakers again this year at the event. Hope to see a lot of old friends since new members will have no idea who I am.

Will share some stories on the history of how some of the reproduction parts came about at least the ones our company was responsible for.

Plus of course the early days or glory days of Hurst and its relationship with Pontiac notably the GTO. Without any doubt that connection was a home run for Hurst right up there with the development of the Jaws of Life which by the way is stil being made by a company now in the Carolinas. Few months back they contacted me as they had little information on the history of the Jaws of Life and how it was connected to Hurst.

Safe trip to one and all. Think I am speaking Wednesday afternoon around 3 pm til 4 pm.
Hope to fill a few seats.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 06-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Suspended

Very dissipointed about the show coming up. I thought always that pontiac people where almost like a big family. So i guess im wrong. Im told that if i don,t join the GTOAA National club well then i have to pay extra. why?? ok ill follow the rules then!! Normal
swap meet spots are 25.00$ so i send the money in now im told sorry thats not good that being im not a member of a club i have to pay 85.00$ a spot 60.00$ extra to join something i don,t want to. why??? not fair.I don,t want to be a member of a club right now & don,t really have the time to get involved in one. So guess what my money is being sent back to me.Not fair at all.I,ll probably show up just to deliver some parts i promised , if not because of this i would not show up at all. JUST MY THOUGHTS & OPINION.

Last edited by 67cruiser; 06-14-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Senior Chief

I would have normally considered attending this event as well but the extra fee for the popular vote was the determining factor not to go….sorry GTOAA maybe next year.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser View Post
Very dissipointed about the show coming up. I thought always that pontiac people where almost like a big family. So i guess im wrong. Im told that if i don,t join the GTOAA National club well then i have to pay extra. why?? ok ill follow the rules then!! Normal
swap meet spots are 25.00$ so i send the money in now im told sorry thats not good that being im not a member of a club i have to pay 85.00$ a spot 60.00$ extra to join something i don,t want to. why??? not fair.I don,t want to be a member of a club right now & don,t really have the time to get involved in one. So guess what my money is being sent back to me.Not fair at all.I,ll probably show up just to deliver some parts i promised , if not because of this i would not show up at all. JUST MY THOUGHTS & OPINION.
Not fair? So it's fair for all the members of the club to subsidize you to be able to sell parts at the show? It's like this: It costs money to put these shows on. A lot of money. These venues do not let the club have the spaces for free. The club has to pay. The amount that the members pay for a space is considered a 'discount' for them because they have paid their dues to the club. Any non-members (as in your case) pay full price. Seems pretty fair to me. To get the 'discounted' rate, all you have to do is join the club. Sometimes clubs even have a special rate for dues for members who want to join just to attend the convention, a 6 month rate. Think of it this way.

Anyway, if you can't make way over enough on what you think you'll get out of your parts to pay for the price of the space, your time is better spent just roaming around. Just my opinion.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Suspended

May i ask subsidise me how??? Who is doing what for me??? don,t understand.Ill head home each nite.I bring me own food and kool-aid. please explain??? i don,t understand. Parking lot is always free to shoppers any day of the week is it not??? Oh well i just don,t get it.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought I explained it pretty well; I really don't know how to explain it any better. Maybe someone else does.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-15-2014, 10:58 PM
PY VIP

Kirban thoughts as it has been pointed out whatever club puts on an event has huge expenses I belong to several clubs for one it cost over $75 a spot these places have expenses that you may not see such as insurance plus gamble on having good weather

National events are not money making machines for clubs...

denniskirban@yahoo.com