National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Link didnt work for me as far as dates,when is it? sorry if i missed something..

Old 02-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Senior Chief

Count me in ...sounds like it's shaping up to be great week-end.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymanjoe View Post
Link didnt work for me as far as dates,when is it? sorry if i missed something..
June 20-22

Carlisleevents.com

Old 03-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Senior Chief

Latest Update on the 2014 ALL GM Nationals 50th Anniversary GTO Celebration taking place June 20-22, 2014 at the Carlisle Fairgrounds in Carlisle Pennsylvania.

Recently added to our list of VIP’s that weekend will be Mr. Tim Dye. Tim is the curator of the Pontiac Museum in Pontiac Illinois. Tim is the historical expert on GTOs. Tim will join: Milt Schornack, Bill Collins, Russ Gee, and Scott Tiemann in a star studded cast of GTO experts who will be conducting seminars and reminiscing the Glory decade of the car that began the Muscle Car craze.

Also, High Performance Pontiac Magazine will have a large tent by building “Y” where some of the most exquisite GTOs known to exist will be on display. GTO invitational requests are soaring.

Too accentuate this once in a lifetime historical GTO Birthday event, a SPECIAL display of the Bandit Run cars and the recreation of Snowman’s rig will be on display as they kick off their 2014 run to Myrtle Beach South Carolina after this event. A special screening of the original movie SMOKEY & THE BANDIT will be presented on Saturday evening at the historical Carlisle Movie Theater. Tickets for this showing are $7.00. Time of the movie TBA.

This event has been years in the making and SVGTO invites all GTO and Pontiac aficionados to come on out and celebrate with us, this very special weekend. All GTOs entered into the showfield will receive a special 50th anniversary GTO memento.

For many this will be the only chance you will be able to meet and greet a few of the Legends in the GTO world, see the very first GTO ever produced, the original Monkeemobile that you seen on TV on the show along with an array of the most pristine GTOs you will ever see at one event.

Listing Susquehanna Valley GTO as your club affiliation would be greatly appreciated. **You don't need to be a member of SVGTO to list us as your club affiliation.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:09 PM

Awaiting reply upon our Invitational Request. Here's hoping that Ol' Lucy Blue will be in with some fine company and meeting up with some memorable friends from the Dayton Co-Vention.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6180002.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	360140  

Old 04-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Senior Chief

Those selected will be notified the end of April or beginning of May I was told. Good Luck! From what I understand the invitational requests have been phenomenal.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bet this is gonna be the biggest GM Nat's ever at Carlisle.
There is also gonna be a huge Silverado SS presence.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Senior Chief

From the feedback I am getting, its shaping up to be that way.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Senior Chief

Default 2014 Carlisle GM Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvgramps View Post
Awaiting reply upon our Invitational Request. Here's hoping that Ol' Lucy Blue will be in with some fine company and meeting up with some memorable friends from the Dayton Co-Vention.
I got the nod for the invitational last week and sent the form in today...looking forward to the event but don't exactly know what to expect.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:05 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Church View Post
I got the nod for the invitational last week and sent the form in today...looking forward to the event but don't exactly know what to expect.
I don't think you will be disappointed. A lot of work has gone into securing most of the biggest names in GTO history.

Seminars by: Tim Dye, Russ Gee, Bill Collins, and Milt Schornack will be informative and provide you an opportunity to meet & greet these gentleman. Scott Tiemann will be present with the first GTO ever produced, he just last year completed a complete restoration on it.

Building Y will be completely devoted to the GTO. Every year GTO is slated to be on display with back drops to accentuate this display. There will be a display of GTOs in miniature managed by the GTOAA's Tim Sickle. Building T will also have GTOs on display with other GM cars.

HPP is scheduled to have a large tent with a display of GTOs that were featured in that magazine over the years. How many is unknown they are working on securing them.

Expanded GTO classes will be added to accommodate the expected large presence. Judging will be by pop vote. It is HIGHLY suggested folks pre-register so they do not show up and find they are in an overflow area. The more that pre-register the more room provided per class.

For those who like being professionally judged, they will have an opportunity to be judged by professionals that will critique their cars and offer suggestions on improving them. This class is limited to 50 total of all GM makes and specialized awards will be presented to the winners.

Like autocross? The Cumberland Valley Corvette Club will be running this event conducting time trials that Friday and those who make the cut will participate in shootouts to be held that Sunday. Cash awards will be presented to the winners. There will be a 20.00 donation to enter, the donation will go to their charity. Saturday UMI will be in charge of the track offering ride alongs. This is a first at Carlisle and if enough interest is generated it may become a larger part of this event in the years to come.

When you enter the gate, the plan as of now is: For you to be greeted by the Bandit Run. Over 100 cars mostly Trans-Ams and cop cars used in the making of the movie Smokey & The Bandit along with the recreation of Snowman's Rig will be there to welcome you. There will be merchandise for sale by them as well.

Saturday evening at the historical Carlisle Movie Theater a special screening of Smokey & The Bandit will be presented. This is a family event.

Not to mention the many GTOs in the showfield to feast your eyes on. All those who enter a GTO in the showfield will receive a special memento to celebrate this milestone.
Also, the original Monkeemobile used in the TV series will be on display.

These are some things for folks to expect this year as we celebrate the 50th Birthday of the GTO. To see the very first GTO ever produced reunited with Bill Collins, and Russ Gee the forefathers of the GTO is worth the trip.

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 05-01-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What is the vendor scene like? PY have a trailer there?

Old 05-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

J101-106 they'll be there

Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Senior Chief

There are a lot of different vendors and swap meet'ers there. PY is typically there but you may want to confirm with Chris for this year.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Senior Chief

Every GTO that registers for the GM Nationals showfield will receive a commemorative 50th Anniversary GTO sticker. Here is a sneak peek of the sticker. A memento for you for coming out and helping us celebrate the Birthday of the greatest muscle car ever built..... G T O

Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO Sticker.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	364136

Old 05-22-2014, 01:44 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

As mentioned in one of these posts, the "Bandit Run" will begin in Carlisle this year. Along with all the Trans Ams, I'll be driving the 'Bandit' Suburban (built by Jim Wangers) from Carlisle, as far as Virginia.
Anybody else going along?

Old 05-27-2014, 08:09 PM

Hi all,
This is my first year going to the GM nationals. My father and I are taking a daily driver down to see the show on the 21 and 22. Are there any events/etc in the show that I should keep eye for (ie seminars) and are there any good places to get a bite to eat in the area?

Thanks
- Frank

1964 Pontiac Catalina Ventura Sports Coupe

Connecticut Pontiac Association

Old 05-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64CatalinaVentura View Post
Hi all,
This is my first year going to the GM nationals. My father and I are taking a daily driver down to see the show on the 21 and 22. Are there any events/etc in the show that I should keep eye for (ie seminars) and are there any good places to get a bite to eat in the area?

Thanks
- Frank
Frank:

There will be 2 seminars given by Milt Schornack, Bill Collins, and Russ Gee.
I believe Tim Dye will also conduct a seminar. Scott Tiemann will also be there but I don't know if he'll be conducting one. You should receive an itinerary in your goodybag with times etc. Also by the Grand Stand is the Customer Service area where you will get your goodybags, they will have all the info you need.

As far as eats there are restaurants in town which is not too far from the fairgrounds.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
As mentioned in one of these posts, the "Bandit Run" will begin in Carlisle this year. Along with all the Trans Ams, I'll be driving the 'Bandit' Suburban (built by Jim Wangers) from Carlisle, as far as Virginia.
Anybody else going along?
I am planning on being in attendance with my Sheriff Buford Justice LeMans. Due to scheduling conflicts, I only plan on doing a couple days of the run, then returning home.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 05-28-2014, 05:01 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman View Post
I am planning on being in attendance with my Sheriff Buford Justice LeMans. Due to scheduling conflicts, I only plan on doing a couple days of the run, then returning home.
We have got to try to get Sally Fields and Burt Reynolds to join us.....I think she's in her late sixty's if you can believe it!

Old 05-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Burt is not getting around very well right now. He has participated in other Bandit themed events recently, but not the Run. The only star from the movie to participate in any of the Runs is Alfie Wise, which was the state trooper that was in the roadside argument with Gleason saying that "you can't drive this piece of $h!t on my highway". Jerry Reed's widow and family was present during one of the Runs a few years back.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4