National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 03-30-2014, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobi View Post
I have heard from a very reliable source that this year Corporate and Chevrolet Powered Pontiacs are welcome. I will be there with Frank Rizzo and his 1969 Big Block Chevrolet Powered Judge Convertible. See you there.
ha ha That, my friend, is NOT a safe bet!

Actually, chevy and corporate powered Pontiac are most welcome to attend....on the spectator side!

Our annual celebration of the Pontiac V8 engine starts this Saturday! You will not want to miss our new location. The show will be on the grass overlooking Firebird Lake and there is a large shade pavilion right in the show area! Plenty of food, beer and other beverages will be available too. Lots, did I say, Lots of Drag racing track time? Bank on it.

I will have the track open and running Saturday for over 16 hours straight! Where else can you get that? NO ONE complains at Pontiac Heaven events for not getting enough runs in. You can test and test , and then test some more. Plus 3 different drag show opportunities- Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday!
Jim Wangers will be there as well. The M/T HEMI Pontiac will be there and more.
Pontiac Heaven for 2014 sets the new standard for any Pontiac event destination anywhere. There is so much to do right in the area- shopping, dinging, gaming, horseback riding and on and on. Weather? well, leave your jacket at home, bring sun block and shorts. If you like humidity, this will not be the place for you, Arizona has nice dry climate this time of year. You will Love it. Come to Pontiac Heaven for 2014.
Next weekend!
Also, I am in negotiations for 2015 Pontiac Heaven weekend and am hoping to be able to announce next years dates during the event. 17 years of 'no corporate nonsense' brought to you by this Pontiac fan? We'll see.

I cannot overstate how grateful I am to this OUTSTANDING list of sponsors who have confidence in me to bring you the absolute best event I can.
Please support them, they are helping me to bring this event to you. I cannot do it without them.
Thank you sponsors from the bottom of my heart, I am so grateful and appreciative.

Network Automotive Service Centers
Glenn's Pontiac Garage
Kauffman Racing
AllPontiac.com
Too Hotties mens hair cuts
Butler Performance
Ames Performance
National Parts Depot
The Thompsons
Todd Harding auto swap meets
Reliable Diesel
Ram Air Restoration
Zimmerman Racing Engines
Classic Muscle Car LLC
Cactus GTOs ( GTO AA )
Desert Renegades POPCI chapt 65
Arizona Old Pueblo POCI chapt 25

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 03-30-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Suspended

Default CHEVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
ha ha That, my friend, is NOT a safe bet!

Actually, chevy and corporate powered Pontiac are most welcome to attend....on the spectator side!

Our annual celebration of the Pontiac V8 engine starts this Saturday! You will not want to miss our new location. The show will be on the grass overlooking Firebird Lake and there is a large shade pavilion right in the show area! Plenty of food, beer and other beverages will be available too. Lots, did I say, Lots of Drag racing track time? Bank on it.

I will have the track open and running Saturday for over 16 hours straight! Where else can you get that? NO ONE complains at Pontiac Heaven events for not getting enough runs in. You can test and test , and then test some more. Plus 3 different drag show opportunities- Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday!
Jim Wangers will be there as well. The M/T HEMI Pontiac will be there and more.
Pontiac Heaven for 2014 sets the new standard for any Pontiac event destination anywhere. There is so much to do right in the area- shopping, dinging, gaming, horseback riding and on and on. Weather? well, leave your jacket at home, bring sun block and shorts. If you like humidity, this will not be the place for you, Arizona has nice dry climate this time of year. You will Love it. Come to Pontiac Heaven for 2014.
Next weekend!
Also, I am in negotiations for 2015 Pontiac Heaven weekend and am hoping to be able to announce next years dates during the event. 17 years of 'no corporate nonsense' brought to you by this Pontiac fan? We'll see.

I cannot overstate how grateful I am to this OUTSTANDING list of sponsors who have confidence in me to bring you the absolute best event I can.
Please support them, they are helping me to bring this event to you. I cannot do it without them.
Thank you sponsors from the bottom of my heart, I am so grateful and appreciative.

Network Automotive Service Centers
Glenn's Pontiac Garage
Kauffman Racing
AllPontiac.com
Too Hotties mens hair cuts
Butler Performance
Ames Performance
National Parts Depot
The Thompsons
Todd Harding auto swap meets
Reliable Diesel
Ram Air Restoration
Zimmerman Racing Engines
Classic Muscle Car LLC
Cactus GTOs ( GTO AA )
Desert Renegades POPCI chapt 65
Arizona Old Pueblo POCI chapt 25

Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Hmm... his 'public profile' on these forums says "hobi has not made any friends yet".

Old 03-31-2014, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobi View Post
My Chev will eat your car.
"he don't w me very well do he"

So, you think so big talker? I will gladly accept a best of 2 out of 3 match race against whatever piece of crap chev you may have. Should you accept, contact me personally. We can set up a shoot out for next years Pontiac Heaven weekend if you are serious. If not, it is time to shut up.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 03-31-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Latest forecast for Phoenix: sunny and warm, high of 78 degrees on Saturday and 80 degrees on Sunday. For those of you in the Midwest or East: it's not too late to use some frequent flier miles and hop on a plane this weekend.

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 03-31-2014, 04:30 PM
Suspended

Default Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
"he don't w me very well do he"

So, you think so big talker? I will gladly accept a best of 2 out of 3 match race against whatever piece of crap chev you may have. Should you accept, contact me personally. We can set up a shoot out for next years Pontiac Heaven weekend if you are serious. If not, it is time to shut up.
Steve I have been to your meet for 12 years before you DARE CHALLENGE HOBI you might want to get your wannabe off jackstands THAT WOULD BE THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO. Now if I still have not got your attention you need go back to PONTIACDREAMLAND BECAUSE MY BIG BLOCK CHEV IS A FIRE BREATHING ET CRAVING CHIC MAGNET FROM SOMEWHERE SO DEEP THAT YOU WILL GO BACK TO WORKING ON HONDAS WHEN I AM DONE WITH WHATEVER YOU CAN GET RUNNING. WHY WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR steve?

Old 03-31-2014, 11:18 PM
Suspended

Default MY FRIEND JACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
Hmm... his 'public profile' on these forums says "hobi has not made any friends yet".
Jack maybe you could be my first PY FRIEND Regards HOBI.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Senior Chief

Good thing I've got my knee high rubber boots on, it just got real deep in here.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:59 AM
Suspended

Default KNEE HIGH RUBBER BOOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fastgtos View Post
Good thing I've got my knee high rubber boots on, it just got real deep in here.
I LIKE TO FISH ALSO

Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's the old "my buddy's big block Chevy could beat your Pontiac" deal. Takes me back to junior high days.

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 04-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All fun and games. I love my pontiacs just as much as the next guy, and even have one with a factory chevy installed (71 ventura) But I like my chevy's as well, and even have a couple of fords. Some people take the whole brand loyalty thing a bit too serious. Cracks me up when I drive the formula to a cruise and pontiac people are friendly, then next week drive in with the ventura and suddenly they act like they don't know you Whatever, I like them all

Steve I truely hope your event is stronger than ever and continues to be that way. I'm always there with my formula, and already looking forward to next year bringing my fathers 69 goat with a fresh BES 571 to get kicked off the track.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:27 AM

I wanted to take two of my cars to race but the cost to get there and the payout is not worth it for me. Hope everyone has fun and a safe time.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Senior Chief

Payout, what's a payout?

Old 04-03-2014, 11:04 AM

Most events usually payout according to car count so I'm sure Steve must have something setup based on a minimum number of cars.

I have never seen anything posted though.

Steve do you have anything posted for payout amounts somewhere?

Old 04-03-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fastgtos View Post
Payout, what's a payout?
LOL.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Suspended

Default PAYOUT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gto Darryl View Post
LOL.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If all you're interested in is the payout, then this event is not for you.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Taylor View Post
X2. Ive run Steves race almost every year. Ive won my class around 5-6 times. The payout varies with car count. When there are a lot of cars its a decent payout. This year I wont be racing but I will be there to support the event.

To the Snivelers- Stop crying and show up. This is a great event and I think the only Pontiac event in the Southwest/West area of the country.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Taylor View Post
Exactly

Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Meyer View Post
This is a great event and I think the only Pontiac event in the Southwest/West area of the country.
It is, and a very difficult one to pull off out here since this has been known as primarily chevy country out here since the 60's. Couple that with the fact that there aren't as many dragstrips left to hold a venue like this, and it makes for an event you don't want to miss. My hats off to Steve for pulling this off.

Any of the other good events I enjoy are East of the Mississippi. UMTR, F.A.S.T. and Pure Stock, NMCA, Tri Power Nats, etc... Even most of the Fun Ford weekends and LS series racing all of which I like to participate in are all back East.

Get out and support Pontiac Heaven and keep this going.