Old 08-18-2019, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1964 front fender reproduction antenna mast loose

I believe someone had solved the problem of the loose repro mast. Couldn`t find the post. Anyone? Thanks

Old 08-19-2019, 08:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm no help but have the same problem. Would be interested to learn what could be done.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I decided to make a call and may have some info. I was told to remove the mast, which was easy since I could never tighten down the mast nut. Then grab the threaded part of the base and pull. (fingers should do it) It should come right out. Hockey mess for 185 bucks if you ask me. There is a roll pin at the bottom. The guy first said he never had a problem with these then all of sudden he knows how to fix and disassemble the thing...…….. He claims we have over tightened the mast nut. (Ha) He says to install the mast onto the shank you removed and put a few drops of crazy glue on the aluminum shank and install. I think since I felt some oil on the parts, it might be a good time to use a q-tip and some Lacquer thinner to clean the barrel out and the shank before trying the crazy glue. Since this is really a poor design and cure, I may study this for a couple days now since I can see what`s there. I want to study the roll pin to determine if it is keeping the aluminum shank centered in the hole so its sides don`t touch and perhaps ground out the mast. If that is the case, then I would use something more permanent than crazy glue like epoxy. Possibly knurl the shank first or something. Again avoid touching the sides. Idears welcome here.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:05 PM

I did mine 3 months or so ago. 1000 miles driving. Super tight looks factory. No complaints here. Bought mine on E Bay. It was $120 or so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Pontia...cAAOSwzgBY0VRE

Old 08-22-2019, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I decided to follow the advice and take the base apart as described. Prior I had reception but not now so DO NOT follow the earlier directions I received. Maybe later I will have some time and try something different.