Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 07:03 PM

Okay now its my turn! It seems every time my dad places a comment on this forum it is quickly followed by someone elses smart ass remark. Be the young age of soon to be 21, I find it funny to see such "adults" flaunt there ignorance in so many ways. About the fiberglass valance, being the GTO enthousiest that you all claim to be I would think with the use of a little common sense by youself would expect it to not directly bolt on a car. I will go as far as betting that no matter who makes a fiberglass part, some extra work is going to be needed to make it fit. For example when I purchased a fiberglass front end for my 64 GTO, from a well known manufacture, I spent nearly two weeks getting the fenders to fit properly. As for the guy who called OPG asking for "rugs" I believe I would have hung up. No GTO that I have been in has had a "rug" and I guarantee you won't find them in any restoration books. Being part of the the up comming GTO National Drags I have had my work cut out, as other club member have also. To begin Colon from OPG is not any relation, nor have we met face to face. But sense we are on the topic I will continue. As many of you don't know the reason behind OPG sponsorship. Out of room will continue on another reply, look below.

Old 05-28-2003, 07:14 PM

When our club was faced with a crises of gathering money for the GTO drags due to the withdraw of money from Jim Wangers I sat down one evening and began calling, after being declined by several corporations I lastly called original parts group who without hesitation offered to sponsor the GTO drags with a donation of $2,000. Jim Wangers has since been added to the list of sponsorships, but OPG is the main sponsor. I am not asking for a standing ovation, nor do I expect the formation of a fan club, but I do on the other hand think we should set aside our past faults with them and thank them for the support they gave us in time of need. It is companies like OPG who are going to keep the hobby alive for generaions to come. Hope to see you all at the 2003 GTO Nationals, maybe we can all have some fun and use the hobby for what it was intended to do.

Old 05-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Senior Chief

I don't want to get into whatever wars you have with other people. I WILL, however take exception to your comments about my knowledge of fiberglass parts and GTO restoration. If you are 20 years old, I was putting fiberglass parts on cars 5 YEARS BEFORE YOU WERE BORN!
I know how fiberglass parts look and fit!
How can I get it through people's thick skulls that the part that I received is a complete REJECT? Now if you are telling me that a fiberglass valance isn't supposed to have ANY of the openings cut out or the edges finished, and is supposed to have big cracks in it along with areas where the matting is loose and uncovered, I guess that I could be wrong!
I really wish that I COULD go to the national drags so that I could put this junk valance on display with a big sign saying that it's the kind of quality part that can be expected from OPG!
Maybe I'll just get some posters or stickers made up and send them out to people!
Better yet I have some free webspace that I'm not using.
I can take some pictures of the valance this weekend and can make up a quick website about my experiences with OPG.
Bottom line is that all you and your dad do is make excuses for OPG, and tell everyone how concerned your imaginary friend Collin is about customer satisfaction. Well, my phone hasn't rang yet and I haven't received an email from him either. Yup, he's REALLY concerned!!!
And as far as your dad getting flamed every time he posts, you might want to READ what he posts and you would see why he gets the replies that he does! He posts stuff like " I don't want to slam Joe Blow, even if he is a complete idiot". Plus the fact that he posted a month or so ago that he wasn't going to post anymore on this forum. That lasted about 5 minutes! Not even long enough for the rest of us to stop clapping about it!
And finally, you might want to steal some of that OPG prize money and take some spelling and grammar lessons.

Old 05-28-2003, 08:08 PM

Like I said before, everybody has to be a smart ass,and to be honest yours is starting to smell. I wish you were able to make to the drags, because I would be curious to see what your car looks like, why did you purchase a fiberglass instead of the metal? OPG is in California and did't get a chance to call Colon, but I will do so tomarrow. And by the way if you have been installing fiberglass parts for 25 years, I would (using the common sense thing again) think you would have a reputable supplier by now, and would not have to deal with deal with companies such as OPG.

Old 05-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Landis once again you are WRONG. Jim Wangers never, let me repeat it so you can clearly understand it, NEVER withdrew any money from the drag race. A obligation was made by Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine to provide money for the drag race. The NEW owners of the magazine made the decision not to honor that obligation. When Jim found out that Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine was not going to honor their obligation he entered into discussions to provide money to the drag race.

Landis, you really need to keep your nose out of things that do not concern you especially since you continue to have facts wrong. Along with that, I'm really tired of you continuing to bad mouth Jim Wangers that has contributed nothing but good to the Pontiac Hobby. Your family told you to keep your mouth shut but you just can't do it can you. You should heed your families advice, they are wise beyond their years.

Ron

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 05-29-2003, 03:22 AM
Senior Chief

If someone knows of a metal replacement valance panel for a 68 I would be THRILLED to buy one!
They make metal one's for 69's, but not for 68.
I have to admit that I got stung by OPG because I was trying to be a cheapskate.
I was ready to order one from PY for $250.00 when I got a postcard in the mail from OPG showing them on sale for $169.00! I was concerned because of other problems that I had with OPG, so I called Chris at PY and asked if they could lower their price at all. CHris said that he couldn't, so I bought the one from OPG. I figured it couldn't be THAT much different than the one's sold by Ames and PY or they couldn't sell it, right? WRONG!!! Let's face it, we are in a hobby where you can pay $400.00 for a set of 18 inch long, stainless door edge guards that would cost $10.00 if they were for a current production car. The fact that I "blew" $169.00 on this dumpster bait valance isn't going to break me. The reason that I don't get over it was the incredibly bad way that it was handled by OPG when I tried to get some resolution to the problem! I'd LOVE to get my money back from them so that I could buy a decent valance from PY or Ames. I ended up repairing my original one as best I could, but it's still not very good.
And as far as seeing a pic of my car, it's not done yet. If you want a picture of it sitting in my garage in pieces, let me know. And from my point of view, I don't see what a picture of someone's car could possible have to do with the fact that they were treated poorly by a supplier?

Old 05-29-2003, 05:17 AM

This one is for GTO Ron, Speaking of minding your own business. I recieved a phone call by the chairmen of the show stating that we needed a new sponsor for the GTO drags, after he spoke with Dave Anderson, I do not believe I "bashed" anyone, I meerly stated the facts. I do believe I know what talking about since I have been on the front line of this event since it was in the planning stages. As for liking Jim Wangers, I do not, but I do what have to, to help provide the best GTO nationals we can. I would be curious to know how you know so much about what actually happened, when I never rember you being part of the two hour long phone converstations trying to sort this mess out.
KEVIN

Old 05-29-2003, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Kevin/Ron..how many names do you have??

Fact is...Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine, under new owners, decided not to honor THEIR obilgation to the race. Jim had nothing to do with that decision..NOTHING. Kevin/Ron or whatever name you are using today, stated that Jim Wangers withdrew his money. He did not do that. That is a fact. Get the story correct and don't blast Jim for something he did not do.

Ron

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Old 05-29-2003, 08:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Sounds to me that the Race Organization jumped the gun a little. I can understand that, after hearing that the New Owners of PE had declined to support the event.

However, It was Jim Wangers that made the Original offer and He should have been contacted. As I've never seen Mr. Wangers back away from a obligation.
Out of respect to Mr. Wangers he should have been contacted before jumping the gun.

As far as Ron's insight and thoughts on this matter, I'm sure he's 100% correct.

But I do understand the Events staff jumping to find another sponsor when they had thought they lost one.

Old 05-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Kevin/Ron...here is where I'm coming from

It was stated that Jim withdrew funding, and that left the race in a bind. No qualifying statement as to why, only that the funding was withdrawn, like the money was taken away for some sinister reason.

Now this is like someone saying to you, Hey Landis, have you stopped beating your wife yet, and saying it in public. Later it is revealed that yes, you are beating your wife......at golf. After the fact, the whole story is known, but your reputation is tarnished.

See the difference. I probably should have made my thoughts a little clearer earlier on.

Ron

[This message was edited by Ron on May 29, 2003 at 12:00 PM.]

Old 05-29-2003, 11:51 AM

I'm Ron,my son "Shark", is Kevin .I'm the one with the big mouth that stated that I would stay off this forum. Kevin needs to keep a finger on the pulse of things as he is VP of the host club for this years Nat's. Jim Wangers did offer money, but requested most of it back to pay for hotel rooms for himself and Mr. Anderson, plus $500.00 he demanded to speak to his "fans". For that money you also get the opportinity to buy his book. I know, none of my concern, except that it is my dues being used to pay him and I've heard his presentation. Not worth the five beans to me. Hope that clears some things up, and now I will leave you to yourselves, as I promised earlier. Need to work on my spelling and such in case I run into another genius such as yourself, I'll not look so foolish. I wasn't told there would be a test on this. Ron

Old 05-29-2003, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Please help me figure this out:

Person "A" (Jim Wangers) makes a financial obligation to sponsor an event through the magazine that he owns. Person "A" later sells magazine to person(s) "B". Person(s) "B" decide not to fulfill this obligation. How is this the fault of person "A"?

Additionally, how is it that Landis is able to share his logon with his son? Shouldn't sonny have his own logon? Isn't this a violation of board rules?

Old 05-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think this posts shows that two heads are not better than one.

Old 05-29-2003, 03:37 PM

SO I HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN VOTED OFF THE ISLAND? I CAN OFFICIALLY SAY I HAVE MET THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF RED KNECK OLD LADIES, I BELIEVE I HAVE EVER SEEN. I WILL BE AND SURE TO BRING THE BI-LAWS OF THE FORUM AT OUR NEXT MEETING.

Old 05-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You misspelled neck.

Nobody is "voting you off the island", I'm just trying to get the info straight so I can understand EXACTLY what happened.