Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ive also been to the billions & trillions place & never connected them as the same owners.

i felt billions & trillions was the pricing stretagey as NOTHING was affordable there
69 NOS remote mirror for 750 i think..... smoking some good stuff there

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is the one downside to the classic car hobby i.e. parts sources. The parts that are not reproduced are in short supply and you might feel obliged to deal with an asshat to get something.

No way for me. Thankfully, my GTO does not need to be restored, but if I was working on it, I would absolutely just go without a part rather than worry about walking around on eggshells or dealing with some little Napoleon. Guys like that can suck it.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

I agree will Bull.

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/
Old 01-03-2009, 03:17 PM

Let me get this straight, he sells used parts and refuses to negotiate? isn't that half the fun of buying used objects?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've dealt with the Frank at Billions and Trillions and I could swear going from the description in this thread, the two Franks must be twins separated at birth.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETJUDGE View Post
ive used franks pontiac parts quite a few times, & ive also reffered many people to him....
Ive heard good & bad but ive never had a problem. He had the parts i needed, i DO NOT try to negotiate or badger the quality of parts or service. I just think he gets bombarded with calls, tire kickers & negotiators........ The people who try to negotiate with him or challenge him are the ones left with bad tastes in there mouths and no parts......
I was one of SWEET's referals and while Frank is straight forward, I got the WS block I needed at a very reasonable price. I wanted the crank and rods that were removed from the block and hinted on a lower price. His reply was "don't even ask". So, I didn't and moved on.

Block was shipped promptly, packaged nicely and was exactly what he stated it to be.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:16 PM

I emailed him about a 71 pass. endura fender. He emailed me back saying you can't afford it. This jack ass didn't even know me. lol. He wanted $2800. for it. I had no problem with that, but I won't buy from this idiot. I will drive around the whole SouthWest looking, or sad to say hack a couple up to make what I need before dealing with him. Some people are to arogent to mess with.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That would piss me off! There are too many good Pontiac people out there to buy from guys like this.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He wanted $2800 for a passenger side fender for a 71 formula?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksrods View Post
I emailed him about a 71 pass. endura fender. He emailed me back saying you can't afford it. This jack ass didn't even know me. lol. He wanted $2800. for it. I had no problem with that, but I won't buy from this idiot. I will drive around the whole SouthWest looking, or sad to say hack a couple up to make what I need before dealing with him. Some people are to arogent to mess with.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 PM

No, it was for a 71 GTO Judge, endura fender. He had a real one. They are rare.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What's different than a normal GTO fender?

Old 01-18-2009, 11:15 PM

The endura fender for the 71 does not have a vent, but the main thing is that it rap's around the bumper. like a u shape laying on its side. A regular fender comes down around the bumper and goes straight down like a L shape laying down. I have seen some for $200 in bad shape and up to $600 to $700 for a good one but lost out because I was at work when the bidding ended a few years ago and could not make another bid. I am restoring my car and a tornado went threw and the front was off. that fender is no longer fixable. Hope to find one. Hope someone helps. I could have got a bad one. but it needed a lot of welding and work. I figure I can wait. Someday, I hope.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh I see, Thanks for clearing that up. Would you have paid $2,800 for that fender?

Old 01-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My ebay rating is 100% in 4 years of buying/selling. I always deliver what the customer expects and often go the extra mile. If a part does not work, or has issues when it arrives, I provide another at no cost (if available), offer a discount or take the part back while providing a refund and apologize for the inconvenience. My father taught me a great deal about how to deal with people. If I borrow something, it is always returned as promised, on time and in equal or better condition than when borrowed (e.g. fill with gas if borrowing a lawn mower, etc).

The Golden Rule exists because it is true. Treat others as you would wish to be treated and nearly everything works out well. Gary's GTO goodies is one with whom I have had dealings. A part I purchased was not as described but that was "too bad" because he claimed it was as described. In addition, I have provided him with information about ebay auctions that contained incorrect data. His response was to challenge me and tell me that I was the idiot. Never will I recommend anyone who can't offer common decency to a customer or potential customer.

These guys are in business for one reason only - to make money. No problem with that. If, however, they tell me X and delivery Y, I'm going to ask questions and demand an acceptable resolution. Life is too short to let small people under your skin. There are plenty of Frank's and Gary's around who don't advertise. You just need to find them!

I love the friends I have made in this hobby because of who they are. The cars are a "vehicle" (no pun intended) that bring good people together. My friends routinely drive 3-400 miles to help a buddy on a weekend if he needs assistance. No questions. It's a bit of a brotherhood. It really does not cost much to give of yourself, your time or talents. What you get in return, however, one can't put a price tag on.

Carry on.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 AM

Oh I see, Thanks for clearing that up. Would you have paid $2,800 for that fender?

At the time yes without a doubt, he said it was blasted and there was no rust in the inside brace, but everyone tells me to wait and if I give it time I can find a good one for around $600 to $700, there was a left (driver side) on ebay last summer but I didn't need that one. It went for around alittle more then $600. I need the passenger side and I have seen brace's on eBay. I am new to the GTO world as well, I always loved them but learning more and more each day. I have 4 Hot Rods and my own engine machine shop. I never take advantage of anyone and try to help others. I had a lady looking out in NY auto yard. She asked what I would pay and I was honest about what I had heard they were worth. But the one they had, after climbing over cars and looking at it was rusted out. Use my name at the top at yahoo and that is my email. If needed. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Administrator

This topic was started because of a member's dissatisfaction with a transaction with this particular business. That transaction has been resolved. There's enough positive posts in this topic to safely say this business is legitimate and has provided a level of service that has helped put classic Pontiacs back on the road. Getting mad at a vendor for asking to much or not negotiating or because he isn't always friendly is inappropriate imo. If a vendor asks a million dollars for something and it's out of your price range, :) then move on to someone else. If he doesn't want to negotiate, move on. There is no reason to be offended or angry.