Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont know about you,but anytime I get a part back that isnt the one I gave someone to begin with,it IS a problem...

I simply WILL NOT deal with people who have a history of doing this as a regular part of their business practices.

JMO/FWIW

Old 07-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bought some heads from Bruce once, made sure he had the castings that I wanted first. He sent me something else and then proceded to tell me that what he sent would be better than what I asked for. They're still sitting on the shelf after unsucessfully trying to get him to take them back for what I'd asked for. I'll never do business with him even if he makes a 2000 hp 350 and sells it for $1000.

Old 07-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

mbzk21: Sounds like Bruce wanted your crank and sent you one he didn't want.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Man I cant believe hes in business must be all from his magazine adds. One time rip offs. In a few hours{of reading these posts} the great members of this club saved me who knows how much money in the future. I have had my eye on pdude since I came here but Crock of sh@t Engineering sounds like a flopper to me. IT amazes me how many pissed off EX customers he has!!!!!

Old 08-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Let me make one thing perfectly clear,I have NEVER done business with him,and NEVER will!

I saw thru his BS "sales pitch" tactics from the get go,and was fortunate enough to know others who confirmed the bulk of the issues as far as dealing with him were concerned.

I'm sure there a plenty of stories good or bad,but there are some things I myself just WILL NOT tolerate from anybody,and this is one of them.

I mark all my pieces before I bring them to ANY machinist,and expect to get the part I brought in back.

The selection of quality cores is as important as the quality of the machine work often,and getting screwed by some shyster playing a shell game is absolutely NOT an option,truth is its downright criminal!

And I myself would see to it that it would be treated as such.

If there is a problem with the core I bring in it NEEDS to be returned to me and I will provide another core to try.

Always get a second opinion on any rejects,unless the damage is fairly obvious.

Old 08-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok, I left this out but since it came up what the heck, Bruce did not use my block or my crank that I brought him. Different initials were on the block and crank after teardown.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

GOBRDGO
Sounds like his modus operendi. Maybe he is stockpiling all the ram air III and IV parts he can get and sending out late 70's stuff instead.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Suspended

Wow!! I can't believe the storys I'm reading here. Funny too.... through the grapevine here in Cali, bruce doesn't have a very good reputation either.

Man!! I can't believe he gave you a different crank!! We use Castillos Crankshaft here in So. Cali for all our cranks. They do amazing work. They deburr the cranks, straighten them, and then grind them. They leave as much radius in the cranks as possible. Duttweiler and many other engine builders I know use them out here. They are the cat's meow with crankshafts. Bruce may have sent you a "bent" crank, or a crank with thrust issues. Things/problems that may go unseen until assembly or clearance checking. Make sure to check and see if the crank is straight before you use it. Make sure you don't have excess crank end play. And check all the journals for being symetrical (all the same dimensions).

I wonder if he may be keeping the blocks with less core shift or thicker cylinder walls (assuming he has a sonic checker)? Strange.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I dealt with Fulper back in `97 for E-heads and roller valvtrain parts.Took him 9 months to get me my heads,but didnt have a problem charging me for them up front!Funny part is,I would e-mail him from time to time about making the combo that he sold me go faster,and his answer would always be different.The last e-mail he asked,"who told you to use a Victor intake and a Dominator?"Thats the last time I e-mailed him.He is a complete bozo in my eyes.
I`ll be dealing with the Butlers for the next build-up;I havent bought a thing from them,but they ALWAYS answer my e-mails,and are up front with their answers.To hell with Bruce!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Suspended

BDHABT....
The Butlers are great people to deal with. I would HIGHLY recommend them. HIGHLY educated with Pontiac related issues.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

jeezz , now im feeling bad for this Bruce guy..

:noidea: :noidea: :sorry: :smash: :doh: :argue:

Darrah for President!!!

LOL
Old 09-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why for??

Old 09-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiacgregg advertises he will warranty his complete engine builds even if raced for 1 year.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

JS Auto, Castillos, is known as the best in these parts . Thay have a long waiting list though. Kinda like Juan Mendoza heads, Try getting him to work for you!

Old 09-11-2005, 06:26 PM

Good looking out for Rock N Roll Eng. I was thinking about having some heads machined by them. Plus come to think of it I e-mailed Bruce some questions and he was kind of SHORT with me too. He stopped writing back to me cause I kept asking more questions lol! Everyone on here is much more helpful than he was.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Juan Mendoza does the heads for his winning race cars. Bruce's porting sucks because I had mine flowed on my own post breakdown and they were lackluster.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Suspended

Gobrdgo....
Castillos picks up and delivers to my shop. A crank takes about a week. I wouldn't have anyone else in the area touch my cranks. Well... I wouldn't say anybody. Rick Hubbard racing cranks is even slower. Sometimes up to a month. But that's what ya gotta do if you want it done right. Beats having to take a motor out because you short changed a customer.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Suspended

Richard at West Coast Cylinder Heads is another good head porter. The guy is a mini einstein with a Smokey Unick additude. They have the latest and greatest head flow equipment that's been retrofitted with some really cool electronic equipment. Reseda, California 818-705-5454. If you talk to him tell him John Stevenson sent you.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My new Andy Mitchell motor should make 650 on 91 octane. My buildup is done for now. I will take note of your head porter and appreciate the heads up.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks guys. If I ever had considered RRE, after what I've read here I wouldn't risk it. There are too many shops getting big support to chance that.