Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 01:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey as an Arizona resident from just outside PHOENIX, I want to make sure "Travis" there was not referring to my fair city with his comment that he is from "PHX."

I am quite comfy maintaining at least 500 miles between myself and those Schlock&Troll Engineering criminals over in southern california at all times. I suggest that anyone wanting to build a quality Pontiac engine without getting ripped off do the same.

"Nothing Beats an Ol' Goat..."

Old 10-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

Goatrider-the ISP has been confirmed as from Az.But i'm willing to bet "Travis"is from the Yuma area.

Jim-close but no Cee-gar.

Stupidity should be painfull

Old 10-24-2002, 06:11 PM
Senior Chief

I assure I am from Phoenix. Man I didnt think I would be bashed like this.

I have a 65GTO its not done, but its getting
there.

Those of you in PHX may have seen it running around. Very pretty Iris mist.

Anyway, I am running a 9in out back with 3.70 gear
May change to a 3.50 we will see in a month a few months when the car is back on the road.

Old 10-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

600+ HP on the 12th pull? On a 9.8 pump gas engine? Obviously that was spraying it on the dyno. It took 12 pulls to get it over 600 HP on spray? What were the "average" results on some of the other better pulls?

Old 10-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Senior Chief

I can assure that there was no Nitrous. I do have a NOS set up, which I will use once I get the chassis figured out.

there were only 3 full pulls ( from 3500 to 6500)
the rest were static. 4000 to about 5500
power was always over 620, the aditional power came from two timing changes. and one jet change.

I would like to have tested the motor on NOS and planned to, but when I left for california I didnt bring my plate. Westech didnt have a Dominator plate available at the time. So the motor was tested naturally aspriated.

Old 10-25-2002, 04:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Travis keep us posted once you get to the track. I am running a similiar combo on pump gas but i use a solid flat tappet. I would like to see what your combo runs. What carb are you planning on running.

Old 10-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those are impressive figures for a naturally aspirated pump gas engine. Cam specs? Head flow numbers?

Old 10-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Travis,

I don't think YOU ARE BEING BASHED?

Just because someone doesn't agree with you or questions you doesn't mean they are bashing you. You are new here (less than a week) and jump right in to start a subject about someone who others on this board have had a problem with. Your first thing you should have done is go to search and search for both names (Bruce Fulper and Rock & Roll Eng.), then read ALL THE POSTS that came up, gone to the web sites and then decided IF you wanted to comment or just keep silent.

I personally have never dealt with the man and because of the problems and attitudes I have read about will not.

JLP

Old 10-25-2002, 05:52 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

A wise decision! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Usually I'm found working on my Pontiac. If you want to find me Look for the white picket fence and all the old Pontiacs parked outside. And the half dissembled engine sprawled all over the driveway!

Old 10-25-2002, 06:14 PM
Senior Chief

Listen I didnt mean to get anyone flustered. I love pontiacs, I have since I was a kid (Im 28, a big kid).

I like to chat about pontiacs, and I love when someone ( I dont care who) can build a bad ass engine. I now see that most of you have problems with R&R and thats fine. I havent had a problem with them.

I just wanted to let those of you in the Pontiac world know about the engine, thats it.

Old 10-25-2002, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No problem, Travis. Welcome aboard. I'd still like to hear some cam specs and head flow numbers (at least) as that is some serious power for a pump gas engine (especially considering it's only 9.8:1 CR with aluminum heads...astounding!).

Old 10-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Travis I'd also like to say "WELCOME!"

db
--------------------------------------------------

Making a living is not the same thing as making a life!!

Old 10-25-2002, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Travis, I'm kind of in agreement with you. For everyone else, I have never had Bruce build an engine for me, but I've purchased parts from him and have talked with him on the phone. Of the parts I bought, the ones that he had in stock, arrived in a reasonable time. The others took a while, but were shipped factory direct. So maybe they had to be made! As far as having Bruce build an engine, in a heartbeat. He is very thorough with his research on everything to do with building a Pontiac engine! The only problem that I had, with Bruce, was the way he would knock other builders, but he has seemed to have mellowed some now.

Bill

64 GTO, tube chassis w/606" IA tall deck, PG & a pro geared Fab 9". 2750 lbs.
8.2550@164.17-1/4, 5.2901@131.97-1/8, 1.1981-60-ft. 8/10/08

Old 10-25-2002, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They took so long to be drop shipped not because they had to be made, but because they had to be paid for by Bruce first.

He hasn't mellowed. It just seems that way because he has lost most of his outlets from which to spew his venom, and you haven't had the opportunity to hear it.

Old 10-25-2002, 09:42 PM
Senior Chief

Alright heres the deal
its a 400 block ( 3in main conversion)
BME rods
JE pistons (custom dish) / using 72cc heads
heads done by bruce ( CNC )
cam is a comp cam solid roller
Victor Intake ( ported by bruce)
Demon Carb ( 1095, a little big I know but at the time of purchase it was all that was offered)

Now this combo is about 2 years old. I paid for the parts when I could afford to.

I dont have any flow numbers for the cylinder heads, honestly with the engine making 650 hp on the dyno I dont really care. (anyone blame me?)

Old 10-25-2002, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome aboard Travis. Have fun and enjoy this BB and your new ride. Put the Pontiac Heaven race on your schedule and come and race it. In Phoenix on April 5-6 at Speedworld.

Ron

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 10-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Travis, Im in Mesa, and if you do any friday nite test and tunes at Firebird I also would like to be there. I too have a Pontiac GTO project underway, and early next year hope to be making a few test and tune passes myself. Feel free to E-mail me.

Old 10-26-2002, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Same here Travis. I race at Speedworld on the west side all the time. Feel free to E-mail if you ever go there. Id like to see your car run.

Old 10-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No flow figures? You spent thousands of dollars for CNC ported heads and you didn't get flow figures? Bruce doesn't own a CNC machine. He was having AFR do his CNC port jobs (which AFR does nice work), don't know who he has doing them now (may still be AFR). Without flow figures, how can you be certain you got what you paid for in a CNC porting job?

Still patiently awaiting cam specs.

Dyno figures can be easily fudged. The proof is in the pudding when the engine is placed in the vehicle and run at the track. Since it's already been tuned "optimally" on the dyno, you should have to do nothing more than drop it in and fire it up and go.

Good luck, but I'd still like to hear more.

Old 10-26-2002, 01:31 PM

Well Mongo...from what I've read, Fulper considers that info private. The customer can't be trusted not to reveal the "secret" numbers of the cam specs or headflow numbers. There are thieves out there just waiting to copy the masters hard work and call it their own. Spies are everywhere! Stop asking or some dangerous looking fellows may pay you a visit! RUN!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA.....

Closed Thread