Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Their confirmation is only to show delivery, not to track the package. I had it out w/ the postmaster about the package that wasn't delivered for 2 weeks. It was funny watching him try to hide behind one of the counter ladies!! LOL

Old 03-22-2006, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Back in 00 I bought a new set of E heads and needed the money there quick. I sent a Postal MO to KY via USPS 2nd day air priority mail. After the 5th day and the check wasn't there the seller got upset with me... The check finally arrived on the 7th day, and after he saw the postmark and the 2nd day air sticker he calmed down, but it left a bad taste.

I have in laws in KY and normal mail gets there in 4 days... :(

Old 03-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian '74
Like Larry said, package well, just incase.
Yeah Brian....didn't you receive an intake manifold from me via UPS?

Old 03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken -Ace- Brewer
We STOPPED using UPS about 3 weeks ago!! I have had it with them! They are so destructive with packages!! We now have a Fed Ex station in our shop! Instead of UPS! Fed-Ex is less destructive on auto parts!! LOL!! The last starw was when I recieved my regular shippment of Dougs Headers!! One of the box's was COMPLETLEY ripped open!! And on the bottom the tubes were sticking out!! The UPS guy had the nerve to say that Dougs had sent it that way!! LOL!! I got VERY upset and said " You are trying to tell me that it left Dougs like this?" So forget them! And for me to ship a whole engine to Wissconsin was only $379!!! And the customer recieved it with NO PROBLEMS!!
So as of now we only ship Fed-EX!! Another advantage is Fed-Ex is cheaper on the customer!
PontiacDude what kind of problem did ya have with Fed-Ex??
Be Cool,
Ace
I had 3 cranks & 2 rod boxes shipped from Eagle and 4 show up at that time. We pay Check COD. Over $1400.00. The amount is listed on the one label. The other crank shows up the next day without a C.O.D. label, just the addresses of both parties to us. but saying one of 5 shipped. And they all show that they were picked up at the same time. So they won't leave it even thou it says 3rd of 5 packages from the same place. Ok i'll wait till they find out for the next day. They bring it back the next day with one of their tags on it for the full amount. I don't think so!!!!!
A FED EX tag. I'm not paying twice for the same stuff because they misplaced on item from the rest for the same day shipment. They wouldn't do a thing.Caled The lady from Fed ex right then, was very course and didn't even offer any recourse other then. #1: send it back and reship or #2: pay another $1400 and let Eagle pay me back weeks later when they get the checked and paperwork.
Finally The driver decided that we should have Eagle call the home office and take car of it. Resolved but not thru the lady in charge and another day wasted. We filed a complaint. Nothing was done or no reply as to action taken on their part.

One more and I'm done. Too many tolist

Order parts and sent Company Check C.O.D:
Says it right on the package. But their little computer wants us to do Certiifed check. Driver just shakes his head, but he has no recourse but to do what his little computer says. We don't have time to run to the bank and it wasn't shipped this way. This is constantly happening.

Just Sh*t that has happened to our company.
We have a UPS driver that will stop back to do pick ups, stop back if he misses a package buried in the back of his truck. Goes the extra mile.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Navarro
Yeah Brian....didn't you receive an intake manifold from me via UPS?
Yep, and you got a scoop from us w/ UPS, right?

Old 03-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE
We have a UPS driver that will stop back to do pick ups, stop back if he misses a package buried in the back of his truck. Goes the extra mile.
Same here. However, not at a business but in the neighborhood!

Old 03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian '74
Yep, and you got a scoop from us w/ UPS, right?
That's right!

Old 03-22-2006, 02:24 PM

I am partial to UPS since I have worked there for the past 20 years. I take great pride in the job I do and will compare service with any other carrier including USPS, FedEx, and the Deutch Post, oops I mean DHL. We have damages just like these other carriers do and usually it is because of poor packaging. Either the item is packaged with insufficient packing material or the box has been around the globe 2 or 3 times. I have customers that pack items well and send out 100's of pkgs. per day with no damages and then I have other customers that send out a few poorly packed boxes and damages happen. As far as employees seeing how far a package can be thrown, I think that is BS. I deliver 145 stops on average a day and pick up another 35 and I don't think I have time to be jacking around like that. I do however take the time to scan each pickup pkg. for double labels that could cause a delay in the progress of the pkg. There are bad apples at UPS and one would be naive to think that they don't exist at FedEx and the others as well. UPS delivers millions of pkgs. each day and cannot hand carry each one from the pickup point to the consignee. Good luck with whomever you decide to use, but UPS is the best bar none.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those trucks are packed to the ceiling with boxes, the bottom ones usually get crushed. Heavier items are tossed on top at times, if the truck is getting full. Dave K.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I buy a lot of racing parts from Jegs & Summit Racing. Usually they're delivered in 2 days, 3 tops. Never had a damaged box, including headers. But only received 1 slick one time. How do you misplace 1 tire??

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Ken -Ace- Brewer

Quote:
99.9% of parcels shipped by UPS are damaged because of POOR packaging from the shipper, PERIOD.

My wife has worked for UPS for nealy 20 yrs. and 3 different dept's.
She worked at the customer counter her first couple of yrs and witnessed first hand the shoddy packaging customers bring in. Bottom line, people are lazy and my wife refused many packages because of it.

As a shipper of goods myself, you can bet your bottom dollar that my packing was HIGHLY scrutinized before it left my garage.

Rule of thumb: If ANYTHING in the box rattles.....it NEEDS more packing!!

I've shipped over 400 packages with UPS and NEVER had a problem or a claim.

Ace....I'd bet that those headers were packed in a box with MINIMAL protection, hence a pipe protruding from the box.
I've seen how headers are boxed. They rattle all inside the package, so the shipping customer is at fault.

Instead of dissing UPS you might talk to your buddies at DOUGS.;)
I blame UPS!! Dougs ALWAYS packs em right! I will continue to diss them Mr. N! Once again to many other problems to list!!! And forget about insurance with ups!! As Mr N. said they ALWAYS blame the shipper for bad packaging!!! They would blame you even if it was in a steel box!!LOL!! I ship OVER 400 things in less than 3 months!!LOL! You have to be kidding me!! LOL!

Be Cool,
Ace

Last edited by Ken -Ace- Brewer; 03-22-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My company ships and receives hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of electronic equipment via UPS every year with very very few problems. I believe they do a great job.

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I blame UPS!! Dougs ALWAYS packs em right! I will continue to diss them Mr. N! Once again to many other problems to list!!! And forget about insurance with ups!! As Mr N. said they ALWAYS blame the shipper for bad packaging!!! They would blame you even if it was in a steel box!!LOL!! I ship OVER 400 things in less than 3 months!!LOL! You have to be kidding me!! LOL!

Be Cool,
Ace
Ha!!!....I believe I've struck a nerve. LOL!!

Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I suppose those who staunchly support UPS, and claim that tossing packages never happens, hasn't seen the numerous videotapes of exactly that, happening at the UPS air terminal.
I had a 1974 Firebird header panel/grille assembly shipped to me. When it arrived, the box was incredible. Easily double-thickness heavy-weight cardboard on ALL sides. I was planning to use it to ship a bumper to the rechromer- the box was THAT good.
But- just as I was opening it, I noticed a cicular hole, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, punched through this multi-layer cardboard on one of the sides. Sure enough, inside, one of the grilles was smashed.
Now, at first UPS claimed it was "insufficient packaging". Well, I escalated the matter. The damage to the box would have required the force of a shotgun at point-blank range, and to penetrate over 1/2 inches of heavy-duty cardboard, there would literally be NO WAY to package, except for using 1/4 inch steel plate, that would have prevented this.
Well, I surmised that what UPS uses in their warehouses, is fork lift trucks with small round tines on the end. And, running one of these at full speed into the side of a box, would definitely do the damage that I saw.
After speaking to several people, going up the chain of command, I finally got an upper manager who confirmed that what I described as their handling equipment was exactly what was used. UPS paid the claim.
It just took forever, after much denial on their part.
No, I don't trust UPS (Universally Pathetic Service) for anything that I care about.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Ken -Ace- Brewer

Quote:
Ha!!!....I believe I've struck a nerve. LOL!!
You are not smart enough to strike a nerve!! LOL!! Bwa, ha ,ha!!!
Be Cool,
Ace

Old 03-22-2006, 10:23 PM

My last couple of orders from Jeg's came FedEX, maybe they are getting fed up too.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You are not smart enough to strike a nerve!! LOL!! Bwa, ha ,ha!!!
Be Cool,
Ace
Heheheh,...smart enough to see that it did.:D

Live by your credo buddy...."BE COOL";)

Last edited by Larry Navarro; 03-22-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gtowagon, are you taking anythingh for AD? What's up with the Cap Locks?

Old 03-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Senior Chief

I filled a claim for $23 with UPS (intake gaskets) they put me on there list for no drop offs without a signiture. This after I have recieved thousands of dollars in parts. My driver however is great (even though he owns a Camaro). He even helps me wrench on occasion.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

UPS is the most expensive and slow shipper out there. They also like to tag on extra charges without telling you. I have shipped close to 400 items from cylinder heads to carbs. My son works for UPS and my stepson works for FEDEX, hows that for a conflict of interest? :eek:

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge