Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

hmmm....his home address is 6004 Monticello........work, 6005 Monticello.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Pontiac Performance Author

Larry , I think your HR-64s were cut up to make jigs for the production headers. I know that is what was done with my original $2200 (1990 $$s!) prototypes. How did that SD cam work out??

Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He received jigs from Doug's.

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That figures.
Ken, I have never installed the cam. Still in the box waiting for the day I get around to it.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah, mine were in batch #2. Called and emailed numerous times and always heard another hard luck story, ie the dog at my mandrel bender. Headers were always shipping out that week no matter which week it was. That went on for almost two years. When I finally called him and told him I wanted to cancel my order and give them to the next guy, they were meraculously done and ready to ship. Yeah right. I called paypal and yanked my credit card money out of his account and back into mine. Fu&k me once shame on you, Fu&k me twice shame on me, wasn't going to let that happen no matter how nice he sounded on the phone.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been following the Tri-Y threads for a couple years now, and I'm glad I never made it around to ordering my Tri-Y headers from Ron. I am amazed at how many members are out hundreds of dollars each. For those of you who paid via USPS mail, did you file a mail fraud claim? If you paid via credit card or Paypal, call your CC company and file a claim like 73ta did. I'm sure someone on this forum works in law, lives in central CA, and wouldn't mind spending a little time on the side putting together a class action lawsuit for a very small fee. Regardless of how much money you are each out, via the various means available (CC claims, lawsuits, fraud claims, etc.), you should be able to receive your money back one way or another.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not saying it's not worth the effort but........"you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip". :(

Old 11-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Boost Engineer

Man, this thread reminds me of another guy (who was from Cali) who did the same thing. That is one reason who I am not selling S/C kits until I get product ON THE SHELF to sell.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It really bothers me to see how this deal worked out. I was one of the "cheerleaders" for Ron when we were really in the thick of this whole thing. The reason I went to bat for Ron was because I ordered a set, stayed in touch with him almost on a daily basis, and got my headers only three months after ordering them.

It appeared to me at the time that he had every intention in the world to make good on all the orders. I still to this day believe that his intentions were real and honorable, but having said that, intentions didn't translate into reality for a lot of people. As happy as I am that I received my headers, I'm equally as disturbed by the fact that so many good people got the shaft!

It's too bad really. Not only the fact that many of the people here, and elsewhere, never received product for money given, but that the 2nd Gen Pontiac community doesn't have access to the best fitting headers ever designed at any price.

I offer my sincerest apologies to anyone who may have taken a leap of faith on Ron and got burned based on any positive comments that I made about his business during that time.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 11-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can still purchase the best fitting headers ever designed for 2nd generation F-bodys by contacting Doug's Headers.

To make it clear....Doug's does not make Tri Y headers for Pontiacs. The jigs went to Ron when the business relationship ended.

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Last edited by Ron; 11-15-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am having a similar situation with someone on some cylinder heads. I'm not ready to through his name out there yet in hopes I don't have to. I also paid via paypal but directly out of my checking account (oops, won't do that again on a high $$ transaction). I called paypal and received this. You guys that got ripped off should really do this. I'm about too...

Dear John Hudson, Thank you for contacting PayPal, my name is Dana and I am happy to assist you today. We appreciate your concern about the activity on your account. While the vast majority of online transactions are completed without complication, fraudulent activity can occur. If you feel you have become a victim of Internet Fraud, there is help available. Below are options that can be used outside of PayPal. 1. File an internet complaint report against the other party.
National Fraud Information Center:
http://www.fraud.orgo
Internet Crime Complaint Center:
http://www.ic3.govo
Better Business Bureau Online:
http://www.bbbonline.org/2.
File a police report against the other party.

(I got the link www.usacops.com which will put you in contact with ther crook's local PD.

Thanks again for contacting us, and thank you for being part of the PayPal community.

Sincerely, PayPal Resolution ServicesPayPal, an eBay Company

1980 Formula 350 Pontiac back burner project
1972 LeMans 350 Pontiac
Old 11-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well just make a note to yourself for the future:

Never purchase anything unless you use a credit card. Even if you use PayPal have it take the money from a credit card.

I have always followed this rule and have never lost a penny! I had my credit card company on more than one occasion yank the money out of the sellers account and put it back inot mine even when they were not agreeable.

There are too many theives in this world and now that the economy is tight many more to follow.

If Ron were the man of his word as many made him out to be, he would at least have contacted all still owed, if not worked out some kind of repayment no matter how much. His lack of comunication tells me he is not a man of his word, his a fu&kin crook. I smelled his sh&t long ago and if it smells like sh&t it usually is.

Maybe if enough people got together, the dollar amount would be high enough for some grand theft jail time for old Ron. Maybe he would also be know as "Tunnel Port" in jail. Wink, wink.

I'm still waiting for an apoligy from an East coast guy who gave me a bad time for yanking my money back out of Ron's account!

Last edited by 73ta; 11-17-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=73ta;3480677]:
on more than one occasion yank the money out of the sellers account and put it back inot mine even when they were not agreeable.

this is one area that Paypal has to know how some have learned to play the system, I had one bad customer claim to Paypal that his order never got to him and filed a complaint with Paypal, they freeze the money, investigate, (the biggest pile of dog doo I've heard out of paypal yet) I prove to paypal the order was delivered the same day he filed the complaint, pretty clever made sure I could not stop the delivery!, Paypal take the money back out of his account but he has only $50 in the account out of a $300 order, paypal tells me I'm responssible for trying to get the rest out of the buyer, over 20 e-mails and 15 phone calls to paypal and they tell me "we can send you $25.00 for your troubles"

Old 11-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another webpage for you guys to go is www.ic3.gov and file a internet fraud complaint. I will be doing that very shortly myself.

1972 LeMans 350 Pontiac
Old 11-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oops,

I goofed a couple of links with a "o" on the end. I coppied and pasted that part from my paypal e-mail. It was all scrambled up when I pasted it and missed these during editing.

National Fraud Information Center:
http://www.fraud.org
Internet Crime Complaint Center:
http://www.ic3.gov
Better Business Bureau Online:
http://www.bbbonline.org

1972 LeMans 350 Pontiac
Old 11-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ta View Post
I'm still waiting for an apoligy from an East coast guy who gave me a bad time for yanking my money back out of Ron's account!
Would that be me? I can't remember giving you a hard time, but I may have, LOL! If it was me, please accept my sincerest apologies. If it wasn't me, I'm sorry any way. Ron appeared to me to be a good guy, but there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for his dropping off the face of the earth like he didn't owe many people money and/or product.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nope was'nt you. Some guy named Williams I think.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=pro-tour79;3480737]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ta View Post
:
on more than one occasion yank the money out of the sellers account and put it back inot mine even when they were not agreeable.

this is one area that Paypal has to know how some have learned to play the system, I had one bad customer claim to Paypal that his order never got to him and filed a complaint with Paypal, they freeze the money, investigate, (the biggest pile of dog doo I've heard out of paypal yet) I prove to paypal the order was delivered the same day he filed the complaint, pretty clever made sure I could not stop the delivery!, Paypal take the money back out of his account but he has only $50 in the account out of a $300 order, paypal tells me I'm responssible for trying to get the rest out of the buyer, over 20 e-mails and 15 phone calls to paypal and they tell me "we can send you $25.00 for your troubles"
Sorry about that Pro Tour. It apparently works well for buyers that have been burned, but for sellers that have encountered assh*le buyer who are crooks apparently not so good. You would think paypal would suspend his account until he makes good and puts money back in to fix the negative balance.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Robert Williams????

Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

73, well when paypal sends me an e-mail telling me that I'm reponsible for collecting they wash their hands of it, the funny thing is that the same week this happend I got a spam e-mail from a guy with the same last name as the A-hole buyer trying to sell software, I have a feeling I was taken by some PC wiz