Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 01:26 AM

A few weeks ago I placed an order with In-Line and was very happy. I had very good service from Dustin, all my questions got answered, and the quality of the parts was excellent.

Another nice thing that to me is a BIG plus is that Inline will ship to us up here in Canada by Postal Service (as long as the items are not to big). This saves shipping costs big time, as I have grown tired of getting bent over by UPS. A couple items I was going to get would have been to large to send through the Postal Service so my salesman told me, knowing he would lose the sale of those parts. I appreciate the honesty.

If I could make one suggestion it would be to remove the the square 1970 GTO Master Cylinder(w/bleeder screws) from the online cataloge. IMO if it's not available and won't be in the very near future then it shouldn't be in there. It's sort of misleading.

Anyway I will definately be buying more from In-line in the future.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

I've ordered from Inline Tube in the past, I was on the phone with Mark/sales the other day, he answered all my questions and candidly said one of the dual m/cylinders they're having problems with...I'll be buying from them again, so there's my :thumbup: thanks guys!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
A few weeks ago I placed an order with In-Line and was very happy. I had very good service from Dustin, all my questions got answered, and the quality of the parts was excellent.

Another nice thing that to me is a BIG plus is that Inline will ship to us up here in Canada by Postal Service (as long as the items are not to big). This saves shipping costs big time, as I have grown tired of getting bent over by UPS. A couple items I was going to get would have been to large to send through the Postal Service so my salesman told me, knowing he would lose the sale of those parts. I appreciate the honesty.

If I could make one suggestion it would be to remove the the square 1970 GTO Master Cylinder(w/bleeder screws) from the online cataloge. IMO if it's not available and won't be in the very near future then it shouldn't be in there. It's sort of misleading.

Anyway I will definately be buying more from In-line in the future.
The 1970-75 Square Master is shown because it is a project we are working on and will be a real part as soon as the run is done. The sample had been tested and approved. There has been some delay but i have word that our first 500 will be here in 30 days. Since there is so much time and money spent on these new projects we like to get the word out in advance so we can re-gain some of the money spent doing new projects. The more of these items that can be heard about and the more that are sold allow us to move on to future projects that helps the hobby as a whole. Thanks Inline tube:)

Old 05-09-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcitymusclecar
The 1970-75 Square Master is shown because it is a project we are working on and will be a real part as soon as the run is done. The sample had been tested and approved. There has been some delay but i have word that our first 500 will be here in 30 days. Since there is so much time and money spent on these new projects we like to get the word out in advance so we can re-gain some of the money spent doing new projects. The more of these items that can be heard about and the more that are sold allow us to move on to future projects that helps the hobby as a whole. Thanks Inline tube:)
I see, well I can understand why it's in the catalogue then. I guess we had a communication problem. Because the Master Cylinder is in your cataloge with a price etc, I assumed it was available, and was not told otherwise when I ordered. Among the things I ordered was the entire upper kit for a 70 w/discs which included the M/C, upper lines, booster, metering block etc thinking I was getting the correct M/C. Had I known I was going to receive a round body 1969 M/C I would have held off ordering that kit until the square one was available, especially now knowing it is so close to coming out. When I called Dustin after to ask why I got the wrong master cylinder he apologized for not mentioning it at the time of order, but also told me it was unknown when the 70 M/C would be available. That was a few weeks ago.

What are the chances I could mail this one back (still in the box it came in -only opened once) and when the new square one is available you could mail me that one? As I'm doing a frame off on a 70 Judge, I have no use for this 69 M/C, and I'm still interested in a correct square body with bleeders.

Thank you.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What are the chances I could mail this one back (still in the box it came in -only opened once) and when the new square one is available you could mail me that one? As I'm doing a frame off on a 70 Judge, I have no use for this 69 M/C, and I'm still interested in a correct square body with bleeders.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

No problem give us a call in about 30 days - we can exchange it out when they come in. None of the sales staff even new about the time frame until this week when it was firmed up. You can call the store and they will call up the invoice and give you a call when they come in - I do not have any of that info and it is better to call than post it all here. thanks John:)

Old 05-09-2008, 06:03 PM

Sounds great, I will do that. Thank you John.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still waiting for them to come in - i will post as soon as they come in

thanks john

Old 06-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

As a critic in the past, I must say that I'm happy to see the progress made on customer service at IT. Had a very nice experience with James the other day. He took the time to help me with a parking brake center cable issue I was having. No attitude and very consultative. Keep doing what you're doing.

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Old 07-26-2008, 12:08 PM

Well guys the 1970 M/C w/bleeders are in. I received mine from Inline Tube the other day and like their other products I recieved a little while back, I am impressed. It loooks just like my original. Great products and great service from Inline.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

New ownership at Inline???

Old 07-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I purchased a complete set of fuel/brake/e-brake lines in SS from In-line without a hitch ..........they fit great and the quality is first rate........I feel fortunate that we have people like this around supporting our hobby........

Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes - the 1970-72 A-body Square Bleeder Master cylinders are finished and ready for delivery - DAR above got one of the first ones.

The master is also available for all Trans Am Guys also it fits 70-75 it is also the square one with the bleeders.

www.inlinetube.com

Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcitymusclecar View Post
We do not have a bad reputation, for the 6 guys that claim they did not like something we have over 150,000 customers that have had a great experience.
Really? Wow, that's a lot of satisfied customers. I'm curious, if it's only 6 guys, then why all the spin control? When people like myself got burned on mismatched product, where was all the help and understanding then? Nowhere. To date, I'm still not a satisfied customer with IT. I'm no longer upset with them, but they've never made any attempt at giving me even the slightest amount of assistance with the parts issue I had. In my opinion, they passed the buck back to me, and it was my problem that the parts I bought from them didn't fit.

It's no big secret that IT has had customer service issues in the past. If they've fixed it, great, but don't pretend that it was never an issue by stating "only 6 guys". We all know that's BS.

For those of you that think I'm just a pi$$ed a-hole trying to smear the reputation of IT, it's not like that. I had a legitimate issue with them, and was turned away. It happened to me...it could've happened to anyone.

It appears that IT's past issues are no longer fodder for public forums, so from now on, let's all just say positive things about them...or else.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

MPKIND – we have thousands of satisfied customers, as you can see and like every company we have a few we cannot make happy. If you have a problem or something did not work out I will look into and get you the answers to make it right. If you provide me with the invoice number and the date I will look into it. Inline tube and all the other parts suppliers are only here to help – not to burn.
It is usually a select few that have problems and the problems are usually caused by modifications made to the car. Every change causes something else not to fit. These problems usually occur when different year parts are used on a car they do not belong or aftermarket parts such as headers, line locks, rear ends, engines, fuel pumps and carburetors that have been changed. Inline tube makes parts for factory original applications and while many parts fit many different years we do not know all that is being done to a car at the time of an order unless the customer tells us. Usually stock trans cooler lines do not work with headers but sometimes they do. Most aftermarket carbs will not accept the stock fuel line but sometimes they will. One thing is for sure if the car is all factory stock the parts fit every time.
If you like you can message me privately or we can air it out in public.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcitymusclecar View Post
MPKIND – we have thousands of satisfied customers, as you can see and like every company we have a few we cannot make happy. If you have a problem or something did not work out I will look into and get you the answers to make it right. If you provide me with the invoice number and the date I will look into it. Inline tube and all the other parts suppliers are only here to help – not to burn.
It is usually a select few that have problems and the problems are usually caused by modifications made to the car. Every change causes something else not to fit. These problems usually occur when different year parts are used on a car they do not belong or aftermarket parts such as headers, line locks, rear ends, engines, fuel pumps and carburetors that have been changed. Inline tube makes parts for factory original applications and while many parts fit many different years we do not know all that is being done to a car at the time of an order unless the customer tells us. Usually stock trans cooler lines do not work with headers but sometimes they do. Most aftermarket carbs will not accept the stock fuel line but sometimes they will. One thing is for sure if the car is all factory stock the parts fit every time.
If you like you can message me privately or we can air it out in public.

I'm in the HVAC industry - and I agree, sometimes you just CANNOT make a customer happy. However, it sounds to ME like IT is trying here...MPKIND I would hope you take them up on their offer....JMHO...

Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

MPKIND Wrote: “bought a complete set of stainless fuel and brake lines for 65 Catalina. When I tried to install them, they didn't fit. P8's were built on either a boxed frame or a
c-channel frame. I later discovered that Inline only makes lines that fit on a boxed frame. Partly my mistake for not knowing exactly what model and body style Pontiacs used the C-channel frame, but try to find any documentation on it. On the other hand, when I pointed out the fact that the lines were wrong for my car, they told me to find the right ones, send them out, and they'll make new ones. Right. “

MPkind called inline tube and stated the front to rear brake line did not fit the car. We always ask for simple digital pictures to be emailed to us to see if we can help with the install. If we cannot help with the pictures we ask for the customer to send in the old line with the one we made and we will take care of it. MP had every excuse for not sending the product back – The lines were all missing – they were rusted into pieces – I don’t have them. After many phone calls and hours spent no lines every showed up for inline tube to make from.
MP has a 2 door and I think a parts car and wanted to send us a 4door line and we told him it was not the same. It was best to send the original line off the car. After a few more calls he insisted the 4 door was the same although they are not and inline tube told him we could only make it off a 2 door to ensure it would fit and end the problem. He later called another tubing company and told them it was a 2door and sent it to them and they made it. The 4door lines are now listed as 2door in another tubing companies catalog – this helps no one and is only creating new problems for the other company.
A few months back Inline Tube and MPkind had a private back and forth on the issue again if I can find it I will post it. I have responded to the issue 3 times on this board and many phone calls at inline tube. In order to make a part we need an original just like every other company.
This is one of the lingering Inline tube issues from many years ago, that has no resolution – we have been sending out the 65 Catalina for many years with no issues – Ames, Performance Years, California Pontiac buy it on a regular basis with no problems. We have never changed the patterns and aside from this complaint that I know of there has never been another issue.
MP got the line from another company and for free and posts neg on every inline tube thread.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

John,

Don't take what I wrote last night the wrong way. It's a matter of principle with me that I wasn't happy with the way things turned out between me and IT. You don't need to re-hash what I wrote in the past to make a point with me, we can write privately or, I'd be more than happy to speak to you over the phone. As I stated yesterday, I'm not upset anymore about the poor way I was treated over the phone, and the lack of effort. I'm definitely not losing any sleep over the matter.

I'm just asking questions about why all the spin control to shore up IT's image when it really doesn't need any help. According to you and many others, IT has an outstanding reputation for product quality and customer service. Am I right? Just because things turned out badly for me, doesn't mean IT is a bad company. This all could've been resolved 5 years ago when I called IT about the parts I bought from them, but from what I recall they really didn't want to make an effort at that time. They already had my money, and wanted even more money to rectify the situation. This is true.

I understand there are variations when trying to match up correct parts with cars. For the record, everything on my car is original. So I have an open channel frame, big deal. The kicker is that IT didn't ever hear of such a thing eventhough it's clearly discussed in the '65 Pontiac Shop Manual. IT's response to my situation was that no one would restore a car with that style frame since they were all SEDANS. I was a little insulted that here I was restoring a 2D Sedan, and some guy selling parts had the nerve to say something like that.

I DID provide you with my invoice number as well as the total cost of the order. At the time, you were not able to access that invoice since it was an old order.

We can go back and forth about this stuff and let everyone who reads this garbage chime in and take sides. In response to 67blackcherry, I don't see what IT is offering at this time other than just words. Actions speak more loudly than words, and so far there's been no discussion about any action on IT's behalf.

Also, I still don't have the main fuel and brake lines for my car. John was correct that the lines I took from a '66 SC 4D Hardtop aren't the same. However, there is enough similarity that they will work fine for a pattern. Only difference being the length of the "long run" along the frame rail will need to be shortened about 3 inches. I will most likely fabricate them myself since no one in the tubing industry is willing to make a very simple and slight modification to an existing pattern.

I will PM you with my contact information if you'd like to discuss this in a less public situation.

Matt Kind
Champlin, MN

Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPKind View Post

We can go back and forth about this stuff and let everyone who reads this garbage chime in and take sides. In response to 67blackcherry, I don't see what IT is offering at this time other than just words. Actions speak more loudly than words, and so far there's been no discussion about any action on IT's behalf.

Matt Kind
Champlin, MN
Matt - I'm not taking sides here, cause there's always THREE sides - mine, yours, and the truth. And you're right - words whisper actions SCREAM. Maybe too much time has passed and YOU'RE done with IT - which is fine, it is what it is. IT seems to be willing to help, maybe you're the dissatisfied customer and nothing will change that.

Tell IT what it is EXACTLY that you want - if they can do it, great. If they can't/won't or don't - that's their choice.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I must be one of those "6 Guys" cause I have a bone stock TA and the tube they sent me was not even close to what the sales rep said he was shipping me. The guy pretty much said I was screwed when I called IT back on it. Nope, my money says that number of 6 is much much higher! I had several PM's back then from others that were not satisfied with IT either. Lets try this, can I return the tube that was sent to me in error and get a full refund?

Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to set the record straight MP and Inline tube had a long Email back and forth a few months ago and there was still no resolution. MP's order was from over 5 years ago and Inline tube no longer has any paper work on an order that old it was 73,000 orders ago. He threw away the original lines so we could not see the difference and there is no longer an original for him to have a new line made from. From what MP says there are different frames although we have never seen the different lines. After 15 years of selling this kit if there was a problem we would of fixed it 14 years ago if we had proof in the form of an original. We have to have a part to make a part and we have to see the difference in the part and know what the different part came off of. We can't make the line from a different year car or a different model.

MP provided me his phone number and i talked to him for over 30 miniuts today and there is still very little we can do with out the original line that was thrown away years ago. But after 5 years i offered to send him free tube because he was going to make the line himself. Even walmart would not do anything after that amount of time. While inline tube has sold this line set countless times to customers and dealers we still do not have any known problem but if i can help MP make his own lines to fit his car and the tube will help he will have it in a few days.

Closed Thread