Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Boneske
The OEM setups look better all the time!! I have yet to read a posting by anyone that has used one of the "BG Sixshooters" and had no problems with it. For $2,600, one would expect everything to fit--especially after these have been proclaimed by so many to be so great!!

The only people I've noticed proclaiming it to be so great is employees of Barry Grant.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default there are 2 sides

Quote:
I'm probably now on eric'slist of people not to do business with but right is right and wrong is wrong.
Not at all Ken but part of this is your fault.. As about this time I was asking Danee' about valley pans and your aluminum one but she said it dosent have a pcv hole and said I would have to use an valve cover one. So we were thinking about high valve covers and my power brake booster hitting so didnt get your valley cover.. So if your cover had a pcv hole I wouldnt have had to grind bottom.. YOUR FAULT entirely;)

hahah lol just kidding Ken. I'll probably be calling you buggin Danee' for more parts sometime.

I certainlly see where peeps will come down on both sides here I should not have tried this myself in hindsight. I should have asked for refund after 1st time back. If I had it to do over would have stuck with my 66 OEM trips but I sold them to fund this and it wasnt even steven:(

Old 01-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:

"Tom. I know lots of people that have taken NEW FORDS back to the dealer to fix ........ and even the same problem over and over. So what does that mean. Don't buy a Ford? LOL."

I know you are kidding but it is a cheap shot when in this post, I described the intake, what the issues were, how to fix them, and what the man did based on instructions from BG. Ford had NOTHING to do with this post.

Like I said a cheap shot when a FORD ENGINEER was trying to help a PONTIAC guy with his problem.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

TECH @ GB

I have a brand new early Barry Grant 6 shooter still in the box. This manifold has the same bolt holes issues listed above.

What is the exact procedure that I need to follow to get the manifold reworked??

Does BG pay for the shipping both ways??

Thanks

Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ7395
TECH @ GB

I have a brand new early Barry Grant 6 shooter still in the box. This manifold has the same bolt holes issues listed above.

What is the exact procedure that I need to follow to get the manifold reworked??

Does BG pay for the shipping both ways??

Thanks
You have a PM.

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

BG Fuel System, Demon Carburetors, Nitrous Works, Rush Filters

www.barrygrant.com
Old 01-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Senior Chief

Tom,
You also have a pm regarding the intake mentioned in your post.

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com
Old 01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Senior Chief

I have shared this information with a couple of you through pm's but will also post it for the other members as well. The first initial run of intakes were machined by a reputable outside vendor for us. As noted here, we have seen some machine issues with a few of these. Since that run, Barry made the decision to move the machining of them in house along with creating new tooling for such which has allowed us to keep a closer watch and tighter qc on them. This is the current process that is in use. If any of the other members have an early intake that they would like to have brought up to current spec we will perform this service on your intake under warranty for you. Feel free to pm me.

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com
Old 01-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Soon...

I will have my sign-on changed and can re-enter this "conversation" with some more insight. As any good American knows...free speech lives! Like it or not. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Boost Engineer

I am planning on sending my intake back to BG for the updates mentioned in his last post to make the intake "right"

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught
I am planning on sending my intake back to BG for the updates mentioned in his last post to make the intake "right"

Tom Vaught

Hey Tom. At least they return e-mails, post results and calls & will make it right.
More then some Pontiac vendors/businesses will do. wink, wink.

And no silent GFY. LOL. :D

Old 01-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another problem?

Six-shooter

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Suspended

Default Personally...

being blown off after reporting two instances of metal shavings in the fuel bowls of brand new carbs, I find that inexcusible on their part."Yeah....you have to wash them out." I was told. New carbs? Isn't that their responsibility? Now...it seems folks are left to deal with yet another quality control issue. It'll take a little more than lip service for them to regain my confidence and I share my experience with anyone that asks my opinion on fuel systems. I wish all of you luck that got burnt on this deal. Maybe they did fire a few folks, but after one of their techs tried to get me fired by e-mailing my employer not once, but twice for telling it like it is...well, I don't thing the blood-letting quite went far enough. I'll be watching, though. Again...good luck! :cool:

Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All, I called BG tech support and explained that I had an early manifold and wanted it reworked to production specs. They gave me a return authorizaton number and said to ship just the intake back in the seperate box that it was packaged in. I opened the big box for the first time, removed the intake box, and shipped it on 01/16/2008. I'll report on what happens.

I never opened the carb boxes but (to address the previous threads) I will take them over to a buddies carb shop and we'll open the boxes, remove the air horns, and inspect the fuel bowls for debris. That way it's not just my word for it.

Rob

Old 01-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

With my Demon, when I opened it to clean out all the crap in it. And believe me, there was quiet a bit. I was so unhappy, I tried to send it back......."But, since you opened it. It can not be retuned!"
No freakin way in the world it was inspected...No way.

They are all talk. Save your money.
For the cost, it should be be bolt on ready. Period. No issues. Period.
I also tell everybody I can. Maybe they want to call my boss also?

Old 01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger lee
being blown off after reporting two instances of metal shavings in the fuel bowls of brand new carbs, I find that inexcusible on their part."Yeah....you have to wash them out." I was told. New carbs? Isn't that their responsibility? Now...it seems folks are left to deal with yet another quality control issue. It'll take a little more than lip service for them to regain my confidence and I share my experience with anyone that asks my opinion on fuel systems. I wish all of you luck that got burnt on this deal. Maybe they did fire a few folks, but after one of their techs tried to get me fired by e-mailing my employer not once, but twice for telling it like it is...well, I don't thing the blood-letting quite went far enough. I'll be watching, though. Again...good luck! :cool:
Well it looks like "jegstek" is posting under his new name and considering a prior remark posted "Personally, I'm a devout Quick Fuel Technologies fan for life! Take care. Ron"
have to give very little credibility to some of the statements posted . We would never tell a customer ."Yeah....you have to wash them out." In regards to the shavings issue this was addressed quite awhile back when it was brought to our attention and numerous steps were implemented to cut down on this. The area in which the gaskets were stored and used from was changed as well as the way parts were being moved within the building in an effort to keep from picking up the shavings. We also installed a sonic wash machine which the billet parts go through after being machined . With billet parts such as metering blocks there could always be some fragment or piece that would not come out in the wash or be dislodged in shipping/usage as well but the number of these we see and hear about has dropped drastically since the above steps were taken. Much like the intake issues, we have always admitted and taken the actions as needed to try and take care of our customers unlike some of our competitors. We also continue to use U.S. made components and zinc in our castings.

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/r...spx?id=070045T

http://www.holley.com/HolleyNews/Vol...r%20Recall.asp

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratman
With my Demon, when I opened it to clean out all the crap in it. And believe me, there was quiet a bit. I was so unhappy, I tried to send it back......."But, since you opened it. It can not be retuned!"
No freakin way in the world it was inspected...No way.

They are all talk. Save your money.
For the cost, it should be be bolt on ready. Period. No issues. Period.
I also tell everybody I can. Maybe they want to call my boss also?
We have never denied warranty to a customer because they " opened " up a carburetor . It is a common practice if a customer calls with an issue that we may ask them to pull a bowl and look or take a needle and seat out so I am sure there is a lot more to the story then you have elected to post. We have even gone as far as repairing some under warranty way past the 90 days if we feel the issue was a defect or something we did incorrectly.

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com
Old 01-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wanted a full refund, not a " repair " of my new carb.
And what I posted is without a doubt the truth.

However, if my new carb was in fact inspected, then all the issues I had would have been found, correct? Same with all the BG carb's, no?

I have been down this road before with BG. I am just posting, my own experience.
So anybody, who has to open their new carbs up, and clean out the " New Debris ", and is unhappy with the carb, is more then welcome to send back the carb(s) or 6 shooter back for a full refund? Is that what your saying? Or after they receive the carb, it can ony be sent back for " repair "?
These intakes that are machined incorrectly, can these customers send them back for a full refund? I guess that's the easiest way to ask the question.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

BG Tech, respectfully I really never wanted to respond to you or this thread anymore about my issue with BG or others, but your post's here touch a cord with me deeply.

Adam a big issue with me and BG support was your and your tech's attitude toward the customer/me. I felt I was treated with disrespect and a certain arrogance on the phone by tech's and you which regrettibly on my part led to me loosing my temper with your company on occasion when I discussed this with y'all. I am sorry for that and that will never happen again. I am still greatly disappointed in your company and its support for issues I had/have.

I troubles me greatly however again that your arrogance once again rears it's ugly head in our forum. These 'Customers' and PY members are posting of problems with, it looks to me conversations with your tech support, and your in effect calling them L1ars. It all sounds oh so familiar of in my case pointing the finger of blame to the customer.

You as a representative of your company SHOULD NOT be taking pot shots at a members post here as in the case of stagger lee's. You should try in the future to address customer issues with more tact and be more helpful. Trust me your results will be more favorable.

Best Regards
Eric

Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratman
I wanted a full refund, not a " repair " of my new carb.
And what I posted is without a doubt the truth.

However, if my new carb was in fact inspected, then all the issues I had would have been found, correct? Same with all the BG carb's, no?

I have been down this road before with BG. I am just posting, my own experience.
So anybody, who has to open their new carbs up, and clean out the " New Debris ", and is unhappy with the carb, is more then welcome to send back the carb(s) or 6 shooter back for a full refund? Is that what your saying? Or after they receive the carb, it can ony be sent back for " repair "?
These intakes that are machined incorrectly, can these customers send them back for a full refund? I guess that's the easiest way to ask the question.
The warranty as stated both in our catolog and in the instruction manual for the carburetor clearly states "the Warrantor will repair or replace the product, or any defective parts or parts threreof,at the election of the Warrantor" . This warranty is pretty much industry standard. Since we do not sell direct to the public you would have had to purchased this through one of our dealers and should they choose to offer you something other than our warranty policy would be entirely up to them.

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com
Old 01-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric65
BG Tech, respectfully I really never wanted to respond to you or this thread anymore about my issue with BG or others, but your post's here touch a cord with me deeply.

Adam a big issue with me and BG support was your and your tech's attitude toward the customer/me. I felt I was treated with disrespect and a certain arrogance on the phone by tech's and you which regrettibly on my part led to me loosing my temper with your company on occasion when I discussed this with y'all. I am sorry for that and that will never happen again. I am still greatly disappointed in your company and its support for issues I had/have.

I troubles me greatly however again that your arrogance once again rears it's ugly head in our forum. These 'Customers' and PY members are posting of problems with, it looks to me conversations with your tech support, and your in effect calling them L1ars. It all sounds oh so familiar of in my case pointing the finger of blame to the customer.

You as a representative of your company SHOULD NOT be taking pot shots at a members post here as in the case of stagger lee's. You should try in the future to address customer issues with more tact and be more helpful. Trust me your results will be more favorable.

Best Regards
Eric
Simply addressing false satements made. We have been very open in admitting issues both here and on any of the other forums we monitor and feel we even go beyond what most other companies do when it comes to warranty issues.Try sending your computer or even your vehicle back after the stated warranty period has expired and see what kind of help you are offered. We have even offered to correct the issues on one manifold that was bought second hand and in another section offered to look at a used carburetor.Not taking pot shots or pointing the blame anywhere but your personal vandetta against us is well documented much like the poster now known as"stagger lee".
I have said this many times that if anyone has a warranty issue we will be more then glad to look at the product and make a decision even if the warranty time has expired.If a product goes out of here with an issue or is defective we most certainly want to get it back here to look at and make corrections as well as determining why it happened and taking measures to keep it from happening again.

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com