Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Frank's Pontiac Parts

I bought a power window set-up for my car from Frank. The front window wiring harness (Driver's side) is COMPLETELY incorrect and appears to be from a full size car. Needless to say, I can't use it and called him to try to come up with a solution, whether it be an exchange for the correct harness or for a break on the price.

He wants me to try it first to see if it will work or not (it's about three feet too long aside from having incorrect connectors, etc)

I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with him trying to tell him that I'm not tearing my car apart to try to install these components.....just to find out that they won't work.

I'm starting to lose my patience with him on the phone with his 'holier-than thou' and 'you don't know anything' attitude.......when he mentions 'MY' attitude.....LOL

I disputed the transaction with my CC company.......no way I'm gonna pay for this if the guy can't try to make an effort to help me out......

Just venting and trying to warn others.........not seeking advice of what to do.....

Last edited by Ccass; 01-22-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: removed 'anger driven adjectives' as per policy
Old 03-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He has sold me a few things. Two out of three dealings where good. The last one about 3 years ago I got the "Pontiac God" talk... Some guys like that can have a little attitude?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What is Frank's Ponitac Parts contact info, address, ebay user name, etc so I can steer clear.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 PM

Thanks for passing along this info. I was thinking of buying a core support from him, but Hey I don't need his know it all attitude not to mention his way of conducting business. I learned a long time ago, NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING! Especially those who think they do.

64 GTO 389 Tri Power 4spd Nocturne Blue Poly
70 GTO 400 4spd Palladium Silver
70 GP 400/4 spd triple Black
71 T/A 455 4spd Cameo White
01 T/A Bright Red 4L60E Ram Air WS6
02 TA Navy Blue Metalic 6 spd Ram Air WS6
Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN
What is Frank's Ponitac Parts contact info, address, ebay user name, etc so I can steer clear.
http://frankspontiacparts.com/

Old 03-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Senior Chief

I've Bought from him a couple of times, Had no problems with him
Everything bought was as stated....I'm Happy...

Old 03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65lemans
I've Bought from him a couple of times, Had no problems with him
Everything bought was as stated....I'm Happy...
Congratulations......

I've bought from him before, too. It's more of a question of how the vendor handles a problem/situation when there is a mistake made......

Frank handled it BADLY.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Senior Chief

That may be the case, And I hope you get it resolved. But I was just stating my experiences with Frank.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 PM

He never had anything I needed, Unfortunately if your putting together a goat or 2 he does have many parts but zero customer service skills.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

20 years of dealing with Frank. No problems on this end. You may have had a problem, but for dry southwestern parts, there is not too many choices.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

He's kind of Sybil...you might catch him on a good day, you might not. For that reason I would prefer to do business elsewhere if possible. His prices are fair to above market, which is fine. Can't fault him for being enterprising, it's just the way he interacts. I tried to negotiate a package deal to save on some shipping costs and he went absolutely ape-sh!t on me and hung the phone up in my face. Completely unnecessary, I understand what "no" means. Try Bob Vidan on the board first. Bob has delivered consistently when I needed something. he doesn't have everything neatly organized on a site like Frank, but he will take pics for you and you can rely on his description of the item. That's another thing with Frank, he takes pics from a distance, tells you it's "very good", you receive a POS and then he says "well, I didn't say it was "excellent" or "outstanding". Happened to me with some inner fenders. If you're going to do business with Frank you better understand his part quality scoring system.

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods

Last edited by GTOGreg; 03-27-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGreg
He's kind of Sybil...you might catch him on a good day, you might not. For that reason I would prefer to do business elsewhere if possible. His prices are fair to above market, which is fine. Can't fault him for being enterprising, it's just the way he interacts. I tried to negotiate a package deal to save on some shipping costs and he went absolutely ape-sh!t on me and hung the phone up in my face. Completely unnecessary, I understand what "no" means. Try Bob Vidan on the board first. Bob has delivered consistently when I needed something. he doesn't have everything neatly organized on a site like Frank, but he will take pics for you and you can rely on his description of the item. That's another thing with Frank, he takes pics from a distance, tells you it's "very good", you receive a POS and then he says "well, I didn't say it was "excellent" or "outstanding". Happened to me with some inner fenders. If you're going to do business with Frank you better understand his part quality scoring system.
Well, there's just too many good other Pontiac people to deal with besides Frank. I'd much rather give my business to someone that I don't have to figure out if they have taken their meds or not.......

The guy that runs the Goat Farm, Mike Wasson, Bob Vidan, etc will get my business from now on.

If some of you others want to do business with Frank, Gary's GTO Goodies, Bruce Fulper, and support all the other douchebags in the business, go right ahead........

I just can't imagine I'd stay in business very long if I treated my patients/clients that way........

Old 03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ive delt with frank & have had no issuses...... he is shrewd, BUT i think its cause he deals with idiots 80% of the time & it just rubbs off....
ive learned with him the price is the price is you even try to haggle he will shut you off.......
He should be willing to work with you.... if the wiring is 3 feet 2 long cut it no? if all connections are correct.... i understand this isnt what you intended & even i dont like chopping things up but sometimes ya have to deal with what you get... HIS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A WHOLE NOTHER ISSUE... but i think its all the tire kickers & negotiators he deals with constantly...

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great, where was this thread when I ordered from him yesterday morning! I didn't detect a gushing personality out of him. He was very cut and dry with what he had to say and was no nonsense. Not much of a sense of humor. I just hope the parts are in good shape. :rolleyes:

Old 03-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been on the other side of the parts selling business, as have other guys on this board. Fortunately I did not have to rely on selling parts to pay my bills. 99% of the time things went smooth, but I can bet that if I were in it as a full time business, I would not want to spend much time talking to tire kickers.
These items are a commodity, but not so limited that you can't buy them anywhere in the country. The situation is that if you buy something from the southwest, or even northwest, it is generally in much better condition than something from the rust belt.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The few times I've dealt with Frank, he's been extremely curt and downright mean at other times. Don't even mention being remotely close to him physically and potentially picking up the parts in person to save everyone a hassle, he will hang up the phone and not do business with you.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:00 PM

Ahhhh............ Frank.

Frank has a nice website with clear pictures and seems very well organized and fairly knowledgeable about Pontiacs and all of their bits and pieces, but the few times I have dealt with him his personality left A LOT to be desired.

I try and buy the parts that I need elsewhere just because of his rather unpleasant phone manner. This hobby is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, and more often than not, dealing with Frank is neither.

I might want to suck it up if his prices were a bargain, but as others have already mentioned they are only fair to high, not really worth the aggravation of hoping you catch him in a good mood.

If he is that caustic with me as I buy the parts from him without even trying to haggle over the price he is asking, I can only imagine what he is like when there is a problem, his "ego" might easliy get in the way.

My .02

Old 03-28-2008, 04:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've sold him some parts a few years back and he nit picks the heck out of everything. I finally got tired of it and said I'll take all this #$%^& home if you don't want it. He ended up buying all of it for pretty cheap even then. The best part was a customer came in looking for a disc brake set up and he said he didn't have any at the moment so just because I was on his property I asked his permission to tell the guy I had what he was looking for. He replied he didn't give a chit, he gets lots of sales and sets in all the time. The guy had driven a long way and was happy to buy what I had. He really should try to be more customer friendly, this economy will soon demand it.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 03-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Senior Chief

no problems with frank here. good communication and service.
try to buy something from garys gto goodies!!!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

he just hung up the phone on me,(2nd time) after telling me how he sent me correct parts for my '67 lemans vert (see photos)

He must be pissed cuz the CC company took the money from his bank account due to the dispute I filed.

The pic below shows a CORRECT new driver's side PW harness for a '66-'67 (bottom, shorter harness) and the top harness is the one he sent me, obviously from a full size car....it's not EVEN CLOSE!!

Then, since discovering this, I've also learned that the rear regulators are actually for a 64-65 model.....not a '66-67 like it's supposed to be!!

I'm sure some of you will chime in how you've never had a problem with Frank, and dealt with him for 20 years......blah, blah, blah.......well, guess what?

I've dealt with him for awhile, too, and also never had a problem......until now!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harnesses.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	132179  

Last edited by Ccass; 01-22-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: anger driven adjectives removed as per policy
Closed Thread