THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now you have two drivers, one on track one off track, countering the defense attorney's analysis (youtube video provided above) that it was dark and difficult to see Ward. Looking for driver statement to the contrary --

Old 08-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Banshee View Post
But Stewart is the guy who fishtailed into Ward. Point is, there was no reason to drive the car like that and if a lesser driver was able to avoid Ward, Stewart should have as well. Intent can't be determined by this video alone, but it can affirm or contradict statements of those involved and witnesses. Again, the DA to decide.

OK, I downloaded and stopped this tape every two seconds, watch the tape and stop it at exactly the 35 second mark, TS did NOT fishtail INTO Ward, at that time mark is almost exactly at impact, TS's front wheels are pointing UP the bank, and the BACK of the car is tailing DOWN the bank AWAY from Ward.

I really think TS saw him at the VERY last moment and tried to spin the ass end of the car AWAY from WARD, because if he WANTED to put the ass end of the car INTO Ward his front wheels would have been pointed DOWN track in order to kick the ass end UP into Ward, that isn't what happened.

Also, one other thing as far as the 45 car is concerned, run the tape and pay attention to the length of time (considerable) between the car before the 45, and then look at the time between the 45 just missing Ward, and then almost immediately TS is at that point going faster than the 45.

The 45 had a CLEAR line of sight coming up to Ward, TS had NO clear line of sight as the 45 came across TS's line of vision, TS never saw that kid till his front wheel was past him.

Run the tape at that point and tell me differently.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talk to drivers Groves and Kinney about it. Both said Ward was visible, one able to see the entire event said that Stewart fishtailed into Ward.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Talk to drivers Groves and Kinney about it. One said Ward was visible, the other that Stewart fishtailed into Ward.

Look at that tape at the 35 second mark and tell me what you see. Neither of those drivers were sitting where TS was and had the 45 directly in his line of site.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Paul Kinney, driver of #19K in the race: “I drove right by him,” Kinney told NBC News in a phone interview Monday. “He looked a little bit angry. I didn’t think much of it. A lot of drivers do that.” ... “I seen Kevin clear as day. Nobody else ran into him, either.”
Now that's some kind of "half baked subversive theory" isn't it?

National news just broadcast that charges against TS are still possible pending investigation according to local DA and Law Enforcement.
Believe public opinion doesn't impact that kind of decision, especially in an election year?
Think Sanford Florida & Later Somewhat Controversial Decision by the local DA to pursue lawsuit.
No matter what anyone's opinion - Right vs Wrong - is here on this forum; this situation is unlikely to just fade away with a whimper...

Last edited by Alvin; 08-11-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Look at that tape at the 35 second mark and tell me what you see. Neither of those drivers were sitting where TS was and had the 45 directly in his line of site.
If his eyes were closed, he didn't see Ward.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Talk to drivers Groves and Kinney about it. Both said Ward was visible, one able to see the entire event said that Stewart fishtailed into Ward.
Neither of those drivers was in Tony's car and DON'T KNOW WHAT HE DID OR DIDN'T SEE.
I've been on the track and avoided wrecks only to have the guy behind me drill the wrecked car. Drivers shouldn't have to worry about some moron walking on the track, On the yellow they look for stalled cars and people in reflective vests, not goofballs in all black walking around.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If his eyes were closed, he didn't see Ward.
Have you ever drove winged sprints?

Old 08-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
OK, I downloaded and stopped this tape every two seconds, watch the tape and stop it at exactly the 35 second mark, TS did NOT fishtail INTO Ward, at that time mark is almost exactly at impact, TS's front wheels are pointing UP the bank, and the BACK of the car is tailing DOWN the bank AWAY from Ward.

I really think TS saw him at the VERY last moment and tried to spin the ass end of the car AWAY from WARD, because if he WANTED to put the ass end of the car INTO Ward his front wheels would have been pointed DOWN track in order to kick the ass end UP into Ward, that isn't what happened.

Also, one other thing as far as the 45 car is concerned, run the tape and pay attention to the length of time (considerable) between the car before the 45, and then look at the time between the 45 just missing Ward, and then almost immediately TS is at that point going faster than the 45.

The 45 had a CLEAR line of sight coming up to Ward, TS had NO clear line of sight as the 45 came across TS's line of vision, TS never saw that kid till his front wheel was past him.

Run the tape at that point and tell me differently.
Exactly what I've said all along, yet the theorists won't hear it. I ran the video on slow mo yesterday and saw what you saw. TS never knew the #13 car spun out, it was all behind his vision at the point where supposed contact was made (if there was any contact even made, I haven't seen anything that suggests they even touched). Ward runs up and tags the cushion which grabs his car and spins it around 1 1/2 times. It never touches the wall, but almost every media account said it did. If it did hit the wall more damage than a flat tire would be obvious, and none is. The car never touches the wall. The tire bead came off the wheel when the RR hit the track after the spin in the air.

Also after the #45 passed Ward he continues on his mission further down the track towards Stewart's car, then it appears he tries to scramble the other way and maybe falls. It's really hard to tell though.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 08-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The film was from the other side of the track, If you listen to the audio the car "punching the throttle" was MUCH closer to the person filming than the rest of the engine noises. Like right in front of him NOT on the other side of the track where tony was.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
The film was from the other side of the track, If you listen to the audio the car "punching the throttle" was MUCH closer to the person filming than the rest of the engine noises. Like right in front of him NOT on the other side of the track where tony was.
Yep, I said that yesterday 20 cars out on the track, could be any one of the cars.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 08-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just got done watching in slow-mo. TS did not steer into Ward. The rear kicked to the left from impact.

And agree on throttle noise. The vid was from other side track.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 08-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure how you get this from the video and completely discount what a driver/witness said. "When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin" ~ Graves

Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It also TURNS THE CAR LEFT, away from the dickhead walking towards his car from the right.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Read a report saying PD attempted to obtain in-car video of both cars and radio recording of the #14 communications. None found to be available.
Your ignorance of Sprint Car racing is amazing. The only radio in the car is a "one way" radio for the race director to speak to all the drivers at the same time. It's against the rules for the driver or his crew to communicate via a two way radio.

This is not NASCAR asphalt racing. Things happen to fast on a dirt track to even attempt to have a spotter like they do in NASCAR.

Quote:
The only car being driven over caution speed was Stewart's.
How fast is "caution speed", and how do you know that Tony was exceeding that speed? I'd also like to know how you know that Tony was the fastest guy on the track under caution?

It seems you are attempting to assume facts not in evidence....

Quote:
Not sure how you get this from the video and completely discount what a driver/witness said. "When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin" ~ Graves
No one is disputing that Tony's right rear tire hit Kevin. I'm not disputing that he hit the throttle. I'm not disputing that when you hit the throttle on a sprint car it sets sideways.

But as I posted this morning, attempting to clear this up for you, the fact is that when Tony hit his throttle, his car moved away from young Mr. Ward, not into him. In other words had Tony just kept going as he was, most likely the contact with the right rear would have been more direct.

When Kevin Graves has time to think about what he said and compare that to what actually happened, he most likely will regret the statement of his you keep quoting.

The evidence is opposite of what he is claiming.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just did a little research on Tyler Graves, he actually is a sprint car driver.

He's 15 years old and this is his first year driving 305 sprints.

He's a real seasoned veteran and knows exactly what TS saw from his viewpoint in the stands in turn 1 (his account of where he was sitting), and the incident happened in turn 2 coming onto the backstretch.........

What a witch hunt this is................

News flash, DA says no evidence to bring any criminal charges against Stewart. Now what are you guys going to talk about?

1984 Grand Prix

Old 08-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I cited a PD report. I didn't say what radio comm is in the car. Learn to read and get a grip.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Crueger View Post
I'm just saying I don't believe he didn't see him on the track. That doesn't work for me and it's against human nature. I've 30 years professional experience that tells me this. Nobody passes an accident and doesn't look, especially one he knew he caused.

I'm not saying he meant to hit him, just that "I didn't see him" isn't going to pass the sniff test, if that's what he'll contend.
The human nature shown in this thread is now more interesting than that shown on the track --

formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

VERY SAD!!! This Ward guy should have never ever gotten out of his car, much less tried to chase down another Sprint Car. This will put a black eye on the sport; regardless of how it "actually" happened.

Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like somebody that actually knows the facts doesn't see anything other than an accident.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Closed Thread