Old 04-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Default Brake lights and dash light issues

Finally after 3+ years and a frame off resto my 64 GTO is near the finish line. Over the last few days I have got all of my turn signals, tail lights, and headlights working. However I have no brake lights, key on or off it don't matter. I did pull the plug off of my switch on the brake pedal and shorted between the two wires but that did not help. All of the fuses look good although I have only pulled the bottom two out to look at the metal strip. Any ideas?

Also for some reason my high beam indicator and turn signal indicator bulbs were in the wrong spots so I switched them. Now none of my dash lights work whereas they all did before the switch. Does one of the indicator lights act as a ground for the entire dash board? I did notice that one of the bulbs is in a plastic case and one in a metal case, would that be the problem?

Thanks
Jeff

Old 04-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Does the brake light switch have any power going to it, testing it with a test light?? Pink wire at switch should have power from fuse box, then goes to turn signal switch, through signal switch then to rear lights. See below wiring diagram.

http://www.tocmp.com/tOCMP/wiring/Po...ing/index.html

Yes one of the dash lights is the ground for the dash lights, can't remember which one.
I ran a seperate ground wire from a screw on the back of gauge pots to the ground location on the pedal bracket. Just found it wiring diagram. The light green and wire and black wire bulb socket is for high beam and grounds the dash board to the bracket pedal bracket. Black is ground. see wiring diagram below

http://www.tocmp.com/tOCMP/wiring/Po...re5765-340.jpg