Old 09-16-2009, 08:13 PM

Default 1970 FIREBIRD TA DELUXE BUCKET SEATS BLACK

This is a pair of deluxe seats from my 1970 Esprit that were recovered when they had about 55, 000 miles on them. The original owner of the car was a man who drove it to work for a few years, then the car was parked. I bought it with 42,000 miles and drove it by myself most of the time so neither of us flipped the seats forward very often. Hinges are in very good condition. The sliders are included. The seat backs and headrests were dyed. They were originally red. I recovered the seats with a PUI upholstery set I purchased through Year One.

The seats were bolstered to give them some "bucket" when I recovered them. Stock 70 seats were pretty flat and don't hold you very well during "spirited" or track driving. I go to Road racing tracks so I added the bolstering to help hold me in place on track. The seats have a couple thousand miles on them since I recovered them which was mostly on road courses. I added a full cage and full containment seats to my car for racing so I no longer need these seats.

I do not go to cruises and car shows so these seats have very rarely seen daylight and are not faded or sun weathered. Car stayed in climate controlled garage. I only take the car out in the daytime to go to track days and try to always park the car in the shade. Seats were removed about a year ago and been covered in my livingroom since. (ya I know! not married right now! LOL) Rear seat is not available however I do have a couple sets of stock seatbelts I will have a separate ad for.

Price for the buckets is $ 600.00 plus shipping expenses. I can ship them in boxes using a carrier like FEDEX or bolt them on a skid and ship them by common carrier on a truck. Local pickup is prefered of course. PM me here or email me at RADROBS@AOL.COM and I'll give you my phone # so I can answer any questions. Shipping from Delray Beach FL 33445. Seats weigh about 45 lbs each, boxing will add about 10-15 lbs and a skid weighs about 45 lbs if you want to try figuring rough shipping costs yourself.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:56 PM

bump for winter projects needing a nice set of seats

Old 12-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you want to sell the sidepipes?

Old 02-16-2010, 01:17 PM

I may sell the sidepipes later this year when I get my new exhaust set up.. Seats still for sale.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If no one steps up on the seats I give you $500 for them,,, I have a 70 formula that could use a fresh set of seats bud..... Let me know.