THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-13-2021, 03:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't like it.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 01-13-2021, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Kinda like GM has ED.

Old 01-13-2021, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Must be the Chinese influence since they are a major shareholder.

Old 01-13-2021, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I started this thread I thought, "is this really important enough to talk about" I am glad the Pontiac world has some passion and most of the comments fall along the same lines. Just for fun, I looked at some other sites and and forums that were not just car hobby sites. Pretty diverse. Almost universal distaste for the new logo for all the reasons mentioned and more. Even from some GM sites like GM Tech Authority. Swing and a miss from what I am seeing. Like I mentioned in the #1 post, "New Coke?" Lets spend millions of dollars fixing something that is not broken. And make no mistake it will cost millions to change all the signs, logos and advertising throughout the corporation.

Old 01-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Retarded

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 01-13-2021, 04:05 PM

Arbys beat me to it. Squint a little and they do look somewhat Chinese. Ditto Sirrotica (#12) - hate it too.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Since I like old Pontiacs, and for new buy Ford trucks, I guess it doesn't matter much to me, but I do think it is silly.

Old 01-13-2021, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hats off to Marketing @ Gubbermint Motors!
Ought to appeal to demasculated masses of SoyBoys, as well as the "Pats", & squirrels that can't figure out what genitalia is between their legs.

Old 01-13-2021, 05:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Hats off to Marketing @ Gubbermint Motors!
Ought to appeal to demasculated masses of SoyBoys, as well as the "Pats", & squirrels that can't figure out what genitalia is between their legs.
Now that made me laugh. Thread was kind of boring up to this post.

Last edited by tigergto; 01-13-2021 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
It is funny how a GM logo change would spring this many opinions. I think the logo change is pretty insignificant since the only time you really ever see the GM logo is on a seat belt buckle or floor mats.
Exactly, anyone going to NOT buy a new GM, because of the new logo?

Old 01-13-2021, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What started as General Motors Company, and went to General Motors Corporation, is now, after the bankruptcy, back to General Motors Company ...

Old 01-14-2021, 03:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimFB400HO View Post
My first impression, a transformation from strength to weakness.
It's limp wristed.

Old 01-14-2021, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
Exactly, anyone going to NOT buy a new GM, because of the new logo?
Only the faint of heart.

This is such a non issue.

Old 01-14-2021, 06:06 PM

Who is going to buy all those LS motors now that GM changed the logo I think GM will be just fine with the logo change. Anyone with a 2000 (I bet into the late 80's) up GM vehicle, try and and find a GM logo on your vehicle. A logo is not going to make any of these look-a-like mundane sport SUVs anymore more masculine.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Who is going to buy all those LS motors now that GM changed the logo I think GM will be just fine with the logo change. Anyone with a 2000 (I bet into the late 80's) up GM vehicle, try and and find a GM logo on your vehicle. A logo is not going to make any of these look-a-like mundane sport SUVs anymore more masculine.
Logos are one important part of a company's image. Perhaps most people probably won't decide on a specific purchase based on a logo but it is one of the important ways to establish in the minds of the public their long-term image.

The same marketing organization that creates a logo will also be driving the creation of their ads, slogans, product designs and features, dealer showrooms, posters, events, etc. with that same identity. I'll be interested to see if the entire company will evolve to match the many comments here of just the logo. The weakening of the logo may be the first sign of their public image ten years from now.

Last edited by JimFB400HO; 01-15-2021 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Knew loco is sissy-fide.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 01-15-2021, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Happy little clown cars. Meep meep.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimFB400HO View Post
Logos are one important part of a company's image. Perhaps most people probably won't decide on a specific purchase based on a logo but it is one of the important ways to establish in the minds of the public their long-term image.

The same marketing organization that creates a logo will also be driving the creation of their ads, slogans, product designs and features, dealer showrooms, posters, events, etc. with that same identity. I'll be interested to see if the entire company will evolve to match the many comments here of just the logo. The weakening of the logo may be the first sign of their public image ten years from now.
Interesting corollary to that. I was having a chat a few years ago with the sales manager at the local Cadillac/Buick/GMC dealer. When Cadillac ads showed them zooming around twisty mountain roads, they were selling like hot cakes. Then Cadillac moved their account to a more trendy ad company who completely changed the focus to softer yuppies-in-Soho image and sales plummeted.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 01-15-2021, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They are most welcome to change it, no matter to me, I'm still not interested.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seems to be a GM square chrome logo on my wife's Solstice, and her sisters G6 convertible. Only on one side of car.