Old 01-12-2021, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
No ashtray, no 4 way hazard button, clear window crank knobs, backwards battery, backwards ram air tub, the main engine components were painted, and then it was assembled with bare hardware. Except the alternator nut, they painted that blue. Alt bracket in front of alt, no plugs in RH inner fender (where a six cylinder batt tray might go), missing the rubber a-arm shields...
Plus two different hood hinges.

Extensive nut and bolt restoration, really

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.

Last edited by 60sstuff; 01-12-2021 at 10:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 60sstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 03:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen two recent Plum Mist cars and the colors are fantastic. The original paint Plum Mist GTO that I had was not near as pretty or striking. Original color was half way between brown and purple, or as a friend described mine - baby sh*t purple. It was time for a repaint and we removed a rocker hoping that the preserved original color would be better, and it was actually worse having more brown in it. This was in the mid 80's and the car was mostly garaged prior to my purchase from the original owner. Anyway, don't blame anyone for jazzing up the original paint color, and I would have went with the wilder purple if I had thought about it. We opted for Regimental Red back then because I just couldn't hack the brownish purple. Things have changed today, and I'd have to go with the original color but would bump the formula a bit.

Old 01-13-2021, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is the trim tag on the plum mist with white painted top car. He just sent it.
Please keep on topic.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post

Remember, we were still at that point in time in the automotive buying world where you could pretty much order what you want.
That's not a fair characterization of a plum/white GTO because it wouldn't have been a special-order.

I run a two-tone page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1677389095611174

The Following User Says Thank You to Diego For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 03:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The prettiest 67 GTO i ever saw was a Hardtop PlumMist (upper & lower) with Ivory Interior and Full SoftRay Glass and RallyOnes .
Was a YZ/HO car with AC and numerous options
No Pinstripes

Old 01-15-2021, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
That's not a fair characterization of a plum/white GTO because it wouldn't have been a special-order.

I run a two-tone page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1677389095611174
Exactly,

It would NOT be a special-order.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepontiacman View Post
...Please keep on topic...
My pointing out that the current color really isn't Plum Mist isn't keeping on topic? Not mine, but here is an original color Plum Mist car. Just saying that changing the plum color on a re-paint is no different than changing the shade of red or blue that came on our cars. Even if the car looks better, it is still a color change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tossaway3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	558523   Click image for larger version

Name:	tossaway2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	558524  

Old 01-15-2021, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
My pointing out that the current color really isn't Plum Mist isn't keeping on topic? Not mine, but here is an original color Plum Mist car. Just saying that changing the plum color on a re-paint is no different than changing the shade of red or blue that came on our cars. Even if the car looks better, it is still a color change.
I think the comment was directed at 60sstuff. And maybe, just maybe, anyone
else that critiqued the "no expense spared" restoration. But mostly Chris..

08D is pretty early. Should have a fairly low VIN.