THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the message I read when I put in for a refund gives him 3 days to respond. Said that between now & then all I can do is deal with him. There was NO option provided for talking to anybody at Ebay about the deal. Gave me the indication that whatever happens is between him & me.

Obviously you must know a lot about Ebay that I haven't been able to verify, as of yet.
I'm really not sure what point you are at - in the process.
Have you opened an official dispute in the "eBay Resolution Center" option ?

3 days - is probably the maximum amount of time for an initial response - from your initial complaint to him personally.
If you guys are still in private negotiations via regular eBay messages , the 3 days is just a default time it will keep giving you with each message you send - by default.

Once it goes to Resolution Center - there will be an eBay mediator - and i think responses are required within 24 hours each time. iirc
It is mostly automated - but a mediator is monitoring as needed.

Have had to use the Resolution Center maybe 3-4 times in 15+ years.
And its been a while since the last time.
Have always come out on the good/safe side each time.
Each time was for items not as described - faults on seller.

To contact eBay , use the same call-back option you used before.
E D I T
And tell them how long it has been from initial requests, and the time that has passed since he originally agreed to a partial refund, and the stalling techniques of waiting then repeating the same things each time he responds - with no actions.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you plan to put a brush blade on that trimmer head, looks like you may need to use one of the hold-down washers I linked, AND enlarge the hole in it, so it will clear the splined portion of the shaft. If splines extend above the hold-down washer, you can just add enuff small washers to cover the splines.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/116...3-27a6ae7476af

I think some of the brush blade attachment kits contain a hold down washer which is splined. But, I don't know if any of those match the splines on your shaft.

The hold-down washer does not need to be splined. Just needs to clear the arbor & apply downforce on the blade. Can just use a couple of washers to serve the same purpose as the store bought hold-down washer. While in Ruston yesterday, I bought quite a few washers, for different possibles situations. Some of the thinner washers I bought were actually called bushings. They had a big washer that had a 1" hole. But it was thick & heavy. Would definitely give the brush blade some extra momentum.

Sounds like you'll need a 10mm LH thread nut. I think that is a very popular size, which fits lots of trimmer brands.

Some just use the nut from the string spool. That's what I did on my front motor Kobalt. In that case, it's a 10mm RH thread nut. The blade turns clockwise.

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-14-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If you plan to put a brush blade on that trimmer head, looks like you may need to use one of the hold-down washers .
What was wrong with the aftermarket Stihl brush-blade kit you bought ?
Nothing useable ? Not even concave washer ?

On the Resolution Center deals i did -
I was always going after the shipping money + plus the item cost.
Some sellers wanted me to eat shipping BOTH WAYS ,
Some just wanted me to eat the Return Shipping - which had become an eBay standard at one point.

Always ended up with full reimbursement and either the seller furnished a printable return label - or eBay stood up and issued a printable return label.

Old 01-14-2021, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...What was wrong with the aftermarket Stihl brush-blade kit you bought ?
Nothing useable ? Not even concave washer ?..."

Just checked it out, again. The washer has a splined hole which is just over 3/8". There are 10 splines. I think it said on the bag the kit is good for an FS120. Don't know anything about that number. A 1" arbor will not fit. Also have a washer which is aprox 7/8. It will almost fit. So, I assume a 13/16 will fit. So, maybe it's for a 20mm arbor ? That's my guess. I think there are quite a few trimmers that come with 20mm arbors. Many 1" hole blades come with a 20mm adapter ring.

The kit also has a nut. Hole looks to be just over 3/8. 10mm maybe ??? Assume it has LH threads. Don't have a bolt or stud to check it on.

Kit also has a small screwdriver & a nut guard, or whatever it's called. So far, the only part I've used is the screwdriver.

https://www.amazon.com/nihao-Gardeni...04990935&psc=1

I think I can probably use the washer with one of the 5/8" hole blades. Will probably test those blades on the front motor Kobalt. Could probably also rig one up on a Ryobi, if I want to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade Adapter Kit .jpg
Views:	38
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	558437  

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-14-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay . Thanks
- so if my mind is right
- you are saying the concave/convex part of the big washer will not "absorb" or go down over the exposed 1" Arbor portion that still protrudes above the blade .
Making it useless for our intended application.

And mine has 14 splines ...
I like the nut guard idea of that kit though. Too bad.

Don't suppose you know the millimeter thickness of any of your blades ?
A 3mm blade would put me right in the business

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 01-14-2021 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"... you are saying the concave/convex part of the big washer will not "absorb" or go down over the exposed 1" Arbor portion that still protrudes above the blade..."

Yes. I think 20mm is the biggest it will do.

"...Don't suppose you know the millimeter thickness of any of your blades ?"

No. But I'm sure that could be found, for some of 'em, online. The Renegade blades thickness can probably be found, somewhere, since it seems to be real popular. .

Old 01-14-2021, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

10-4
Will probably go blade hunting online tonight.

The Kurt 9" 36-tooth 2-pk @ $23 looked pretty good to me, that you posted before.
Will try to dig up more specs on it besides Amazon

Old 01-14-2021, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"... like the nut guard idea of that kit though. Too bad..."

I think most all the kits come with a nut guard. You can probably even buy one separately.

I thought about it, but so far, I like running the nuts without a guard. May try it, next time I change the blade, & see if I like it.

Here's a set which includes a couple of different blades, plus an adapter kit for a 1" arbor size. Pic shows a 6-spline collar. But, ad says that you can contact the seller & they'll send the collar you need.

https://www.amazon.com/IRmm-Chainsaw...671373&sr=8-10

"...Please note:A kit of Bonus adapter has 6 splines,it may not fit your machine which has 8 or 10 splines.If not,please contact the seller to fix your problems. "

Therefore, this is probably one of the sellers who can rig up whatever adapter kit you need, if the parts are all readily available.

Lots of these kits are cheap enuff, but don't give enuff details of the specs, such as arbor size, shaft diameter, etc. There are probably some sellers out there who can rig up the kit you need. But, as of right now, I can't link one that advertises that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089NKPDCH...dDbGljaz10cnVl

A GOOD local chain saw shop/Stihl dealer can probably get the right parts. But they may not be cheap, at all.

I think this is the cup washer that came on my Ryobi Brush cutter. It definitely works with a 1" arbor. But, the center hole is small, for the 8mm shaft. Would have to hog out the hole, to use it on trimmers with larger shafts.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/cu...-p-217966.html

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-14-2021 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Forgot to post the actual Trimmer Head diameter
2-3/4" or 70mm

so about 1-1/2" on each side taking space off the blade depth
going with 9" blades just for more buffer room around the Head .

The aluminum driveshaft tubes are twice as thick as any of the metal shaft tubes i have.
Feels like baseball bat type strength

Thanks for finding those Ryobi style cup washers.
Gonna need to get a 2-pk of those.

But are these the same or different from the first group of Ryobi cup washers you were posting ?
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/cu...-p-217966.html
I can't get that link to function because of my outdated browser and ancient software i guess.

How long did it take for your Renegade Blade to deliver ?
Its showing about 2 weeks whether eBang or Amazon
Thinking about if a saw blade is gonna try to kill me- i might want it to have a good name and reputation.

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 01-14-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...How long did it take for your Renegade Blade to deliver ?..."

Stuff shipped directly from Amazon usually comes in less than a week, sometimes only a couple of days. But, I was gonna order the larger packs of Ryobi/Homelite cup washers & nuts, 'til I saw the longer wait time. Went with 2 packs because of quicker shipping.

So, I suppose shipping times depends on the seller. Amazon has no control over the shipping times of their sellers. I reckin Amazon sellers are very much like Ebay stores. In fact, I noticed that quite a few vendors sell on both.

I'll look up the links to those washers again, & post 'em here. I think the same washers go by different part numbers, under the Ryobi & Homelite brands. The Homelite numbers are shorter. So, I'll use them. The Homelite # for the washer is 04409.

Jacks Small Engine has the lowest price. I was gonna buy from them, but out of all the nuts & washers I was gonna buy, I think they only had 1 washer in stock.

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/ja...homelite/04409

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ryobi-BC3...4409/116044521

This 5-pack makes 'em a little cheaper each. But don't think I'll need that many.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ryobi-BC3...4409/130913008

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-14-2021 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

All Right
looks like they all have the same 04409 number involved and Ryo cross-over for the washers.

I think you're right about not using the nut guard.
Can keep better watch and tell on the alignment marks we need to make on everything after they are put together -
like you did on the Kobalt trial.

Wanted Blue 20t and Green 48t Renegades
But Blue 20t is out of stock in 9" and 10"
Need to get 2 blades so i at least have 1 type i can use if i ruin the other type.
All the other 20t blades i'm finding are chainsaw teeth

I know the reason i break upper and lower driveshafts is because i get too aggressive too many times with .095 string set-ups and it kills those little driveshafts sooner or later.
Need to STOP doing that with string set-ups.
Start using a blade on weed clump clusters, briars, kudzu, tree sprouts, etc ..
Have put weed eaters through pure he[[ my whole life .lol

Old 01-15-2021, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"...Wanted Blue 20t and Green 48t Renegades
But Blue 20t is out of stock in 9" and 10"..."

Here's a 9" green/blue combo pack for only $1034.50.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Hybrid-Co...EAAOSwUIxbxVXv

Here's a green 9".

https://www.amazon.com/Renegade-Blad...ag=googhydr-20

Here's a red/blue combo pack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Hybrid-Co...oAAOSwdzRbxR2i

Here's what I bought. Only used for 1 quick test. Easily cut 2 1/2" tree, & several smaller ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Kurt-Saw-2-Pa...ag=googhydr-20

"...All the other 20t blades i'm finding are chainsaw teeth..."

When I 1st saw those, I thought the idea was ridiculous. But actually, they get pretty good reviews. They might end up being the cheapest, if you don't mind sharpening the teeth occasionally.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Mo Ebay

Here's the latest Email I got from the seller.

" could you please in voice me partial refund iv been trying to issue it but its not allowing me to because you requested full refund if you close return i can send partial refund if you send me an invoice for partial return... sorry this is taking so long "

Well, I've had enuff ! Ready to make this just a bad memory. So, here's what I told the guy.

" This is ridiculous. You have my mailing address. If you wanna do the right thing, send me $50. If not, just keep your money.

This crap is no longer worth the $50 to me. Don't send me any more Emails. Just send the money. "

Don't really know if the guy is really trying to do right or if he is just jackin me around. But, I've reached the point now where I don't even care. Tired of the back & forth, over $50. Ain't worth the hassle. But it has been very good experience, which should prove valuable, in the future. That alone will probably be worth more than $50.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Chainsaw Teeth Blade Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_mdUR_QQ7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A08K97qgJwY&t=67s

Chainsaw teeth blade starts at about the 5:40 mark of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJz7Gqn_SY&t=25s

There is a lot of time wasted on this video. But, it shows a guy installing & using a red Renegade on his gas string trimmer. He cuts a lot of both small & big stuff. I think it's a good video for anyone who has never actually seen a string trimmer used as a brush cutter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTuINpMepxg

Here's a 120 tooth blade on a gas trimmer. After listening to these gas engines, it really makes me appreciate the cordless trimmers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arNHVXiOEgY

Here's a simple install video of a red Renegade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvsX3KHPxNU

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-15-2021 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Here's a 9" green/blue combo pack for only $1034.50
No way i'd pay over $900 for that combo pack. Rip Off

Need a good thickgrass/heavyweed/briar/non-woody blade - something along the Blue 20t range.
Or at least they claim its top-notch for that category, and its been sold out for over a month in 9" and 10". Must be their best seller and doing something right.

The chainsaw blades - just don't think they would be great for grass/weed stuff.
And thinking they would be heavier blades too.
idunno can't find much for detailed specs on any blades as far as weights and thicknesses.

The 36t Kurt or 48t Renegade should do all the woodwork i would tackle.
Probably will stay under 2.5" stuff using the trimmer

Is the Kurt Blade any thicker or heavier than the Renegade ?

Old 01-15-2021, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"...Is the Kurt Blade any thicker or heavier than the Renegade ? "

That's a good question. I have no idea. When I get the tools back out, I'll try to compare the 2 blades. Was gonna try to get an early start today. But, I just went out to check the weather. There is a cold wind blowin. Too cold for me, unless it was an emergency.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Weights & Measures

Used TJ's little postage scales to weigh my blades. Don't know how accurate it is. Measures in ounces, from 0 to 16.

Will start with the lightest, then go up.

(1) 8" Renegade - 9 oz

(2) 9" Kurt - 11 oz

The rest of these are 8 1/4" with a 5/8 hole.

(3) Twin-Town - 12.5 oz

(4) Renegade I - 13 oz - I think this is a different brand from the light Renegades. Not positive.

(5) Diablo 24T - Just barely under 14 oz - Rated for 9000 max rpm. The others that are marked, say 7000 max. From what I've seen, they don't even need to turn 5000 rpm to cut most of the stuff we'll try.

(6) Dewalt 24T - 14 oz - A Google search says that 14 oz = aprox 397 grams

Also weighed both my brush cutters, just using bathroom scales. Again, don't know how accurate. The front motor Kobalt, with the 8" Renegade blade weighed 10 lbs. That's with a 2.5Ah batt.

The rear motor 40v Ryobi weighed aprox 12.5 lbs. That's with a 9" Kurt blade & a 4Ah batt.

The light blades appear to be just very slightly thinner than a quarter. The 8 1/4" blades appear to be just barely thicker than a quarter. Just eyeballing the difference, you can tell that it is not a whole lot. It's nowhere near double. Probably not any more than 50% thicker, or less. Can't really tell by just lookin. Don't have any precise measuring instruments.

Took the Renegade blade off the Kobalt & put the Diablo blade on it. Has LOTS of momentum now. Will cut the small limbs & bushes at a VERY low rpm. Whacked off a 2" pine limb really quick. Zipped right thru it. Also cuts grass & weeds good, and also at a very low rpm, which would only tickle the weeds, if using strings at that rpm.

Just guessing that all these 8 1/4" blades will cut real good, especially when new.
Assuming that those with fewer teeth MIGHT cut grass & weeds better. But, I reckin I'll know more about it later on down the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kurt 9 inch .jpg
Views:	38
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	558533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kurt on Brush Cutter Attachment .jpg
Views:	29
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	558537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modded Guard .jpg
Views:	23
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	558538   Click image for larger version

Name:	On Front Motor Kobalt .jpg
Views:	29
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	558539  

Old 01-15-2021, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Greenworks 80v

Just saw this today. The 80v Greenworks is shown as an online Wal Mart item, for $254 + tax. The price most everywhere else is at least $289 + tax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Greenwork...336774&veh=eml

So, that's more than 10% off. You save nearly $40.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GreenWorks-...oAAOSwzGhfELbl

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...duct-_-1245475

Zoro has lowered their price to $282 + tax. And says you can get 10% off 1st purchase, after you sign up for their Emails.

https://www.zoro.com/greenworks-pro-...21/i/G7369035/

The Wal Mart ad says they have 3 available. But, as I've discovered, that don't necessarily mean that Greenworks can ship one, right now. Don't know if they are back up & running, or not.

Anyhow, looks like you can buy one for a just under $280, depending on your tax rate. I think mine is just under 10%.

Since the 80v Kobalt is discontinued, if my $1400 plague money was already here, I'd probably buy one of these.

In fact, when the $1400 gets here, I might buy one of these AND the Echo attachment capable model. Could jsut sign up for Zoro Emails & buy both for under $600.

Hey, you can't have too many good trimmers !

Hey, we might not need 80v power. But, if the unit has a low speed, plus a variable speed trigger, you don't have to use max power, unless you need it.

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-15-2021 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm showing a penny/dime approx = 1.5mm
Nickel/Quarter approx = 2.0mm

Starting to get burned out looking at blades. lol
Probably no rush since nothing would ship out until Monday anyhow most likely.
2pk Kurt 9" 36t and 2pk of Washers is best bet so far.

Thanks for listing those blades and weights.
Maybe the ultra-light Renegades aren't always the best choice.

Old 01-15-2021, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyakr View Post
.. if my $1400 plague money was already here, I'd probably buy one of these.

In fact, when the $1400 gets here, I might buy one of these AND the Echo attachment capable model.

Hey, you can't have too many good trimmers !
I'm still waiting on the $600
and you're already starting on spending the next $1400 ! ha
I should have went with direct deposit

My CoronaCheck shows it was forecasted to be processed on Jan 6 - last Wednesday.
No sign of it yet.
I have the "Informed Delivery" deal with USPS that sends me an email every day that i have mail or package coming through USPS.
And it displays a picture of the envelopes. Pretty Cool, and Free.
But no sign of check yet.

On google searches they say it could be up to 3-4 weeks after the forecasted mailing date before they are actually delivered in hand.

Going to use it towards a decent Blade assortment
And pay myself back for the EGo Trimmer, Boots and Assorted Gloves i recently got.

Another $1400 would be okay