THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcarguy View Post
Your Pat's are in TROUBLE now.

Dave

These are great!

Love Philly - looking forward to this game regardless of the outcome!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e4f03024b037

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-22-2018, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Jacksonville was lucky there weren't more - there was a lot of unsportsmanlike conduct on that field once it became obvious how the game was going to play out.

BTW - Saying you grudgingly respect them as a team doesn't acquit you of the fanciful claims that followed.
No words necessary except it not ESPN dogging them this time
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...nship-victory/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9644DD00-0EFA-442A-A93B-57B405BCDBC5.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	473289  

Last edited by ponchjoe; 01-22-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20180121170840.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	473290  

Old 01-22-2018, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
People mistake a disciplined team as a team who gets calls in their favor.
^That's is the honest truth.^

Old 01-22-2018, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You should see the ribbing the Vikings Fans are getting.....ouch !

Old 01-22-2018, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jacksonville brought it yesterday.....that's what made the game so good....edge of your seat stuff !

Old 01-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No doubt and I will readily admit the whistle on Jacks fumble pickup was out of order - although so was his slam fest with Amendola in the middle of the end zone.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

To win the game, team has to overcome ALL obstacles. Ref's, stupid plays, stupid play calling, poor sportsmanship, bad attitudes.

The best team wins, no excuses. Losing team needs to suck it up and move on to next game, or next season. Life isn't fair. God says so!

Pats and Eagles in the big game. Both teams did what needed to be done to get there. End of story.

Anyone hear if any Viking fans got roughed by the "bad attitude" Philly fans? This came from the NFL warning...

If they did, I wonder how Philly fans might be received in Minnesota in 2 weeks?

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 01-22-2018, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That has to sting, your team getting beat and that team playing in the Super Bowl in your stadium.
Which team gets the Vikings locker room?

Old 01-22-2018, 03:25 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
That has to sting, your team getting beat and that team playing in the Super Bowl in your stadium.
Which team gets the Vikings locker room?
The AFC is the home team. The Patriots will get the Vikings locker room. On a side note I heard the Patriots asked the NFL if some of their people could have a few minutes alone in the visiting teams locker room.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Another "Brady Bowl".....No need to play the game.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was a good game and glad to see the Patriots back in it. Won't be easy. Never is. I hope the Patriots advantage at QB, Coaching and Experience will help them win this next game.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdclassics View Post
Another "Brady Bowl".....No need to play the game.
Yeah, I was thinking same...

Myself and my youngest brother and his 2 kids go visit my Dad and watch the game. Dad is 86 and in great health, PTL!
Was thinking maybe one of the channels will have a binge run of Gilligan's Island we could watch instead.......crap that won't work, I know how all those shows end, too.....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Old 01-23-2018, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm hoping for nice weather here on SB Sunday...maybe I can go outside and do something a little more exciting like burn leaves maybe.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I'm hoping for nice weather here on SB Sunday...maybe I can go outside and do something a little more exciting like burn leaves maybe.
work on the 66!!!

How goes the 66?

Shut it off
Shut it off
Old 01-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talk here,Tomlin let James Harrison go. Because he wasn't playing but his replacement hasn't shown much,as of now. Irony Harrison is playing in another Super Bowl!.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
You allege there is a conspiracy afoot where the refs are guaranteeing the win - THAT is your fanciful claim! It is baseless, unsupported and grossly untrue!

Since you are such a learned fan and astute viewer, I'm certain you can go play by play and tell us exactly which players on which play should have received penalties....but you won't because you can't. Truth is the Patriots ARE a team that is so disciplined that they can receive only 1 penalty in a game. It is that discipline that allows them to win repeatedly and set the records they have. You may choose to disagree because you cannot stomach the alternative but it is the truth and both their play & their record supports it.

To also deny that the Jaguars were pushing, shoving and s**t talking their way into fights at the end of the game is laughable as well. I was texting with a photographer friend of mine on the field all through the game who told me exactly what was going on. It didn't get a lot of air time and the refs quickly broke things up, but the Jaguars were poor losers and were letting the Patriots know it!

Lastly, don't confuse my statements and Jeremy's as the same or expect us not to defend a team we follow against your baseless unsupported claims. Barry Church was a gentleman in the locker room after the game explaining his contact with Gronkowski - you should be here as well.
First of all, I didn't claim to be an learned and astute viewer, but I suspect you aren't anymore so than I am.
As for the hit on Gronkowski, I hate to see any player get hit like that but football is a contact sport, and I don't believe it was a dirty hit.
You can choose to believe your team is so disciplined that they could go a whole game with one 1 penalty, but that's BS. If they wanted to, the refs could probably call holding or some other infraction on most every play of every game on either side of the ball. To imply they play so much cleaner than any other team is ludicrous. If your team is SO DISCIPLINED, why have they been scrutinized for cheating twice in recent memory? Now before you get yourself all worked up and start blathering about how they are so good, everyone is trying to find ways to take them down, I believe EVERY team seeks any advantage, legal or not, that they can get by with, INCLUDING the Patriots. What is laughable is you aren't offering anything more supportive than your opinion.
My point is this: No matter what team you are a fan of team, your opinion is naturally biased, and you know as well as I do (if you can be honest with yourself), if they hadn't made the questionable call of overturning the fumble, there most likely would have been a different outcome.
And I still stand by my opinion that the most arrogant, blustery fans I have encountered are Patriots fans.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 01-23-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacdaver View Post
First of all, I didn't claim to be an learned and astute viewer, but I suspect you aren't anymore so than I am.
As for the hit on Gronkowski, I hate to see any player get hit like that but football is a contact sport, and I don't believe it was a dirty hit.
You can choose to believe your team is so disciplined that they could go a whole game with one 1 penalty, but that's BS. If they wanted to, the refs could probably call holding or some other infraction on most every play of every game on either side of the ball. To imply they play so much cleaner than any other team is ludicrous. If your team is SO DISCIPLINED, why have they been scrutinized for cheating twice in recent memory? Now before you get yourself all worked up and start blathering about how they are so good, everyone is trying to find ways to take them down, I believe EVERY team seeks any advantage, legal or not, that they can get by with, INCLUDING the Patriots. Apparently they just aren't as good as the rest of the NFL at getting by with it (or are they getting by with a lot more than they've been caught for?).
My point is this: No matter what team you are a fan of team, your opinion is naturally biased, and you know as well as I do (if you can be honest with yourself), if they hadn't made the questionable call of overturning the fumble, there most likely would have been a different outcome.
And I still stand by my opinion that the most arrogant, blustery fans I have encountered are Patriots fans.

Have you been paying attention the last 17 years? It's like this every year. They are a disciplined team. Go look at where they ranked in team penalties since 2003. They're in the top 10 for fewest on avg in those years.

As far as that fumble. The ref's didn't know it was a fumble until he came up with the ball. There is a good description of the rule out there somewhere. I saw it on Facebook yesterday.

Cheating twice in recent memory? LOL....yea you're from Indy so I can see why you think so.

Go to a Eagles game and a Patriots game in each of their home stadiums and see how you're treated in each. There is ZERO comparison.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
work on the 66!!!

How goes the 66?

lol...good one. I haven't touched it in months. The mostly assembled engine is in plastic wrap in my garage.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:27 PM

Hold on, like I said earlier Brady is the greatest QB that ever played. That being said it is not like the Pats rolled the Jags, it was a close game. The Jags had a great defense and so does Philly but the Jags offense was not the best. To think the Pats will walk over Philly is a stretch, defenses win games and that is where Philly excels. Fletcher Cox is a beast in the middle and can stop the run and put pressure on the QB. It is going to be a very good game and Pats will have their hands full.
The last thing on penalties is the offensive line could be called for holding and ever play for any team but is often not called by the refs.