67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:35 AM

I would have absolutely kept it. Would love to own that car. And i would drive it!!
A lot of Camaro guys arent real up to speed on Firebirds..let alone their values.. Case in point the original question on whether or not a 69 Survivor T/A was a good buy at 20k.

69 Firebird Convertible #s Matching
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l&media=image/

67 RS Camaro
http://www.camaros.net/showroom/show...0&ppuser=14826

Last edited by 69RagTopBird; 07-10-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I enjoy mine although i should probably park it and start doing the restoration. it is a compromise to enjoy it though it means i had to take some parts off and replace them with stuff that isn't correct for the car. believe me I here all about that. case in point the ram air pans are in my rafters, and I have a chrome air cleaner on instead. and thats just the tip of the iceberg. as for the camaro guys not knowing their car values. thats just ignorance on their part. i know camaro values just as well as i do firebirds. i have parted out many camaros to get parts for my birds, feels good to do it to them for a change lol. as a matter of fact my trans am has a 12 bolt from the afore mentioned big block car as well as the original disc brakes from the same camaro. (disclaimer at the time i didn't have the correct rearend. i now do and someday i will switch them.) i also know mustang prices and truck values ect. Camaro guys think that their cars are the end of the world, which has been very benifical to me over the years, ignorance is bliss though. me i would buy a big block camaro in a second but to enjoy it. if i came to point where i needed the money then see ya! but thats just my opinion. I am sure this trans am will go for a very good price and if in fact it was purchased for 20k then my hats off to the guy who bought it. as for the original seller. well if he knew enough to ask 20k for it he should have been able to figure out what it was really worth. would you ask 20k for a 69 bonneville in the same shape? i think not. so i suspect he had a clue as to what he had, or that part of the story was pumped up on the camaro board to build ego and make the rest of us throw our hats in the dirt and scream why not me? once again just my opinion.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocko Johnson View Post
Doesnt need it , the car is well worth more than what its at .
I certainly agree its well worth more than that as well. My point was that some of the bidding in the beginning could have been bumping it up. Who knows..doesnt matter as it will go for more anyways.

67 RS Camaro
Old 07-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile raivragtop 69 birds...

anyone out there know if any new raiv 69 ragtops have surfaced.... The last count was 5 sticks & 2 autos.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69RagTopBird View Post
I would have absolutely kept it. Would love to own that car. And i would drive it!!
A lot of Camaro guys arent real up to speed on Firebirds..let alone their values.. Case in point the original question on whether or not a 69 Survivor T/A was a good buy at 20k.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 AM

Anyone dare to guess where this thing will end up $$ wise when the auction is over?

67 RS Camaro
Old 07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

Quote:
Anyone dare to guess where this thing will end up $$ wise when the auction is over?
I have no idea what those 'birds are worth...but that doesn't seem to stop anybody else from contributing their 2cents worth...LOL!!!...so I'll say between 75k-100k?

Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I don't think a 100k is out of the question to be truthful, but it is missing some critical parts. The ram air pans are gone. it looks like it has a aftermarket flex fan. i suspect the ram air tubes are missing as well judging from the picture of the scoops. Who knows if the wheels are the correct ones or not, although it was a smart move to switch them from the cragers it was sitting on in the other pictures. non of this is that big of a problem though. Nor would it stop me from buying it if i had the money. I think the real question is anyone want to venture a guess as to what the reserve is set at lol. my money is on 75k!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

HEY 67BLACKCHERRY, YOU KNOW THERE IS A 69 TRANS AM SITTING IN A TOW YARD IN CASTIAC. SITS RIGHT ON THE FREEWAY AT THE VERY END BEFORE YOU START UP IN TO THE HILLS. BEEN SITTING THERE FOR AT LEAST TWENTY YEARS. NO JOKE I REMEBER SEEING IT AS A KID MOVING TO LANCASTER. I WAS IN LA ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO AND YEP STILL THERE! LOL PROBABLY A RAM AIR IV CAR TO! JUST MORE PROOF THAT THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE!
P.S. Sorry for the all caps, i have to do it for work and sometimes I forget to turn it off!!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTASSBIRD View Post
HEY 67BLACKCHERRY, YOU KNOW THERE IS A 69 TRANS AM SITTING IN A TOW YARD IN CASTIAC. SITS RIGHT ON THE FREEWAY AT THE VERY END BEFORE YOU START UP IN TO THE HILLS. BEEN SITTING THERE FOR AT LEAST TWENTY YEARS. NO JOKE I REMEBER SEEING IT AS A KID MOVING TO LANCASTER. I WAS IN LA ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO AND YEP STILL THERE! LOL PROBABLY A RAM AIR IV CAR TO! JUST MORE PROOF THAT THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE!
P.S. Sorry for the all caps, i have to do it for work and sometimes I forget to turn it off!!!!
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME - I CAN HEAR YOU JUST FINE!!! Just kidding...no kidding, about the T/A? I might have to take a drive real soon....are you talking Sylmar?

Old 07-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

has ANYONE really actually confirmed if the numbers matching original block is still in the car?I think that will have a impact on the price.A friend just bought a Non numbers 4 speed car a few months ago for 50K but with all the RA stuff.Tom

Old 07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Paul, no in castiac (maybe with a k) the city past valencia and magic mountain (is that freeway I-5?) anyways right where it splits going towards gorman, ca on the right hand side it has been sitting in there for years. lol mine is in primer and i had it parked in my alley forever always had notes asking if i wanted to sell my firebird! then i moved to my house and parked it next to the garage within two days i had three guys stop one wanting to by the firebird, and two wanting to buy the camaro. siiiiiiiiiiigh i swear!!!! good luck on the trans am paul i got one lol and i can't really afford it lol!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 07:12 PM

Somebody mentioned the reserve is 100k. Dont know where they got that info or how accurate it is.

67 RS Camaro
Old 07-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

$70,300.00 Reserve not met.

Odds are it won't bid that high again - should have been happy with the 50K of free money.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
$70,300.00 Reserve not met.

Odds are it won't bid that high again - should have been happy with the 50K of free money.
1) Ok, I said 75k - what did I win, what did I win, what did I win???

2) Yeah, he should've been happy w/a 50k profit - greedy bastard!

All you knowledgeable T/A folks - was the car worth more than 75k, or is he unrealistic?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

JMHO,that 70K bid is when two fools met.When one offered to buy and the other did not sell!Tom

Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Suspended

tom,isnt that about half the price you sold yours for???by the way,i guess im that fool.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
JMHO,that 70K bid is when two fools met.When one offered to buy and the other did not sell!Tom
So what do you think it was worth?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:27 AM

Yeah, i certainly dont think the guy that bid 70k is a fool. But the guy who didnt sell it for 70k might be.

Is there anyone here who would argue that car is not worth 70k?

67 RS Camaro
Old 07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, i certainly dont think the guy that bid 70k is a fool. But the guy who didnt sell it for 70k might be.

Is there anyone here who would argue that car is not worth 70k?
I don't know T/A's but I do watch "the market" ... I think it's worth 70k, am I wrong? If so, why?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

was it ever established that it indeed has the number matching engine?It did not have the RA stuff or carb for sure.Work backwards?What is a restored 4 speed III car worth in this market?100?What does it cost to restore one?That car needs rust work and a paint job,needs the RA stuff,the motor is a big part of the value.As I said a friend just bought a non N/M 4 speed car for 50K.That would be my number.JMHO,Tom