Old 11-18-2015, 10:51 PM

Default '64 console gray / blue paint from Parts Place Inc

Has anyone used this paint from Parts Place Incorporated? It claims to be an exact match for the mystery gray blue console paint. I have spent hours researching all of the '64 paint threads. From Parts Place Inc's website:

"Paints & Chemicals - CONSOLE & DASH INSERT PAINT
THIS IS THE FACTORY GM COLOR FOR YOUR CONSOLE & DASH INSERT. THE COLOR CODE IS DASH INSERT BLUE. WE USE GM PAINT COLOR CODES. THIS IS THE CORRECT COLOR BLUE FOR THE 64 CONSOLE INSERT AND TH 64-68 LEMANS AND GTO DASH INSERT. YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT PAINTS FADE OVER TIME OR DISCOLOR, PAINT LOTS MAY BE DIFFERENT AS WELL OVER TIME, BUT OVERALL THIS SHOULD BE THE BEST MATCH IF NOT PERFECT FOR YOUR YEAR CAR!
Product Name Price Quantity

PT52967G (1964 - 1968 GTO/LeMans) CONSOLE & DASH INSERT RECONDITION SPRAY PAINT - DASH INSERT BLUE $12.00"

Old 11-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes.. Used it 18 years ago, and bought a new can recently. Spot on match to a nos piece that I had.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:30 AM

Thanks Andre. I just ordered one based on your info.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just finishing up dash and gages. The paint from Parts Place is WAY dark even after a 10 minute shake. In no way is this close to the blue grey of the original gauges, console or heater/AC controls. I am going to leave it for now and try a remix later. A side note: my gauge bezel barrels are the blue/gray of the gauges along with the over head strip. (Both KC car and a May Fremont car).

Old 12-04-2015, 11:39 PM
Senior Chief

Here's a thread from a while ago on the 64 console paint. Look at my post #13 where I had NAPA custom mix the paint from an original console part.

Terry

Old 12-05-2015, 04:15 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgoater View Post
Here's a thread from a while ago on the 64 console paint. Look at my post #13 where I had NAPA custom mix the paint from an original console part.

Terry
Here's the link to the older thread that I forgot to put in my reply here.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...+console+paint

Jeez, getting old and senile sucks!

Old 12-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgoater View Post
Here's the link to the older thread that I forgot to put in my reply here.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...+console+paint

Jeez, getting old and senile sucks!
For 1964

I was hoping to find something commercially available, rather than having to mix my own. I contacted my local NAPA dealer last year. After talking to several area NAPA dealers, they finally put me in contact with a NAPA dealer in Des Moines, Iowa. The Iowa dealer informed me that the Stage 1 Tech System previously used had been phased out, and that they were no longer capable of supplying this paint.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE 64 View Post
For 1964

I was hoping to find something commercially available, rather than having to mix my own. I contacted my local NAPA dealer last year. After talking to several area NAPA dealers, they finally put me in contact with a NAPA dealer in Des Moines, Iowa. The Iowa dealer informed me that the Stage 1 Tech System previously used had been phased out, and that they were no longer capable of supplying this paint.
Sorry to hear that they quit doing that. I know the Car Quest in St. George will mix custom paint, so anyone wanting to get the custom mix may try their local Car Quest to see if they do it there.

Or, as a last resort, the formula is posted on that link. I would like to believe you could get that mixed at a reputable paint store.

Terry

Old 12-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default paint

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=console+paint Only 10 years ago!