Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[quote=cuz68;3943880]Mabe he cant see very well like me what is suet?[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suet

Old 03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When butchering a cow or pig, its the fat they cut off.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Bud Lyons

years ago a buddy had the same problem. We sat out near the barn one evening with 12 gauges and beer. Got totaly hammered and then the little bastard flew into the hole. We shot the hole and he flew out. 2 drunks blasting away at the sob. 1 pellet hit him in the eye and dropped him. Busch beer works good for this problem.

Only two defining forces have ever offered their life for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One for your soul; the other for your freedom
Old 03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Lyons View Post
years ago a buddy had the same problem. We sat out near the barn one evening with 12 gauges and beer. Got totaly hammered and then the little bastard flew into the hole. We shot the hole and he flew out. 2 drunks blasting away at the sob. 1 pellet hit him in the eye and dropped him. Busch beer works good for this problem.
Wish I was there to see the victory dance LOL

Old 03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

TA 70, my son said he said he would gladly do it for free if you provide him transportation to CA from VA haha!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70KGOLD View Post
TA 70, my son said he said he would gladly do it for free if you provide him transportation to CA from VA haha!
One Vespa coming his way!!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There was one hammering on my house just a minute ago. Put out some suet yesterday. Maybe just wanted to terrorize me. Tapped on the window and he left. Had one awile back that you couldn't get rid of. Go outside and he would be gone just to come back. Thought to myself would take a good hunter to bag this guy. I do have a cedar house and live back in the woods of Michigan. Maybe he thinks hey I was here first.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They have a life expect. of up to 11 years. That's a lot of banging!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemergary View Post
There was one hammering on my house just a minute ago. Put out some suet yesterday. Maybe just wanted to terrorize me. Tapped on the window and he left. Had one awile back that you couldn't get rid of. Go outside and he would be gone just to come back. Thought to myself would take a good hunter to bag this guy. I do have a cedar house and live back in the woods of Michigan. Maybe he thinks hey I was here first.
Gary have they done any major damage to your home? Meaning, replacement boards or patching? He's terrorizing you after putting out the suet? Little pecker!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

they have made a few holes about 1-1 1/2". Then other birds will come in and make a nest in the spring then you get to listen to the little ones make noise. Use to calk the holes in the fall but been lazy last couple years. Have had flying squirrels living in house for over 30 yrs. One winter trapped over 20. Also have honey bees in the roof overhang that you can't get rid of. O did I mention the bats also. Its a tall A frame cedar siding home back in the woods of Michigan. Whats really fun when those fu%&*%! racoons come down the chimney to die or have babies. Have grown to hate and kill them on site. There some dirty nasty critters.