THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-03-2018, 05:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 69 Red Judge on ebay..

Lots to discuss here. The car is a looker but there are all kinds of things going on..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Pontia...ZaYRBy&vxp=mtr

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White on white with black interior
4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac.
One of 26 made
Old 02-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Frank, I see 52 on the Data tag, not 53. I've never seen one this color. I know Matador Red was a 66 color, was it even a 68 option... I haven't checked. Looking again the second photo looks like it's dressed in Carousel Red.... not Matador Red like the first photo. Something here smells funny.

Looks like, from the PHS paper work, it's supposed to have the Cordova top. Says stereo radio but not AM-FM as he says. There's a couple other things that don't look right too, like the location of the power window switches. Shouldn't they be up near the top of the door panels?

Edit:
Forgive me as I hate to imply it, but is this car a clone with a changed VIN and Data plate? Something doesn't add up right.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.

Last edited by GT182; 02-04-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:28 PM

Mecum is showing a Matador Red Judge for the upcoming Indy auction in May.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It’s a nicely done car- I am curious to hear what the experts have to say about it

Old 02-04-2018, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Vin tag rivets are different than the type used on my 68.

Why is it missing a bolt in the water pump?

Old 02-04-2018, 02:29 PM

What’s that bracket on water pump below missing bolt? Also shows power bucket seat and remote mirror which I don’t see . Phs does show am/fm stereo with manual antenna

69 gto ,all#match,467,th400,3:55 Easton posi,resto completed may 2016. 427 hp/530tq. Stump puller with stock#62 , stock intake and qjet
Th400 gone. Tkx close ratio with .64 of
66 Pontiac Beaumont sport deluxe,BB 5sp tko 3:08 auburn 450hp 550 torque wife sold it
Old 02-04-2018, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Frank, I see 52 on the Data tag, not 53. I've never seen one this color. I know Matador Red was a 66 color, was it even a 68 option... I haven't checked. Looking again the second photo looks like it's dressed in Carousel Red.... not Matador Red like the first photo. Something here smells funny.

Looks like, from the PHS paper work, it's supposed to have the Cordova top. Says stereo radio but not AM-FM as he says. There's a couple other things that don't look right too, like the location of the power window switches. Shouldn't they be up near the top of the door panels?

Edit:
Forgive me as I hate to imply it, but is this car a clone with a changed VIN and Data plate? Something doesn't add up right.
52(R) is Matador Red. The data tag and PHS match from that aspect. The PHS would suggest a Black Cordova Top (2) that does not line up with the data tag. I don't recall seeing an "8" before for the upper paint color. The black interior, code 258 matches on both the PHS docs and the data tag. The "8" on the data tag is what interests me the most. Cars are restored all the time with the vinyl not installed.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Vin tag rivets are different than the type used on my 68.

Why is it missing a bolt in the water pump?
They look like rosettes to me and every Fremont car I have documented has them installed in that direction.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I don't recall seeing an "8" before for the upper paint color.
Probably should be a 'B' for the top color?

This was for sale earlier in 2017. Powered back seat also.
Nice setup.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 02-04-2018, 03:15 PM

My apologies to the people who tried to correct what the "experts" are saying is wrong with this car.

However, these "experts" are the reason that I resisted joining this site for so long and now regret it as I thought I would.

Did any of you think that this car may belong to a member here and now you are trashing it in front of everyone. And NO, this is not my car but I have owned several.

Is anyone who commented about how wrong this car is actually interested in purchasing the car? I doubt it. Instead, you are just trying to prove how much you know or actually don't know about Pontiacs.

It would be different if someone who was interested in buying the car was asking for assistance but that is not the case here.

Instead, Frank decided to lead the massacre to see how bloody it could get. That is not what this forum is for in my opinion.

Perhaps Frank should look at his own car a little closer instead of trashing someone else's car. I have seen Frank's Judge and while it is a very nice car, it is not nearly as correct as he thinks it is. Perhaps he should post pics of his car for everyone to analyze. Start with the wrong early style trunk lid.

There, now I have stooped to your level. Doesn't feel good. Does it?

Last edited by Dual Snorkel; 02-04-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

wait a sec. Its not fair to attack me. I was posting to shed some light on a very nice car. I figured someone here may know something about for me. I think you own me an apology. Oh and btw- the trunk lid on my car is original and a friend is asking me about the car because he is interested in it. I was hoping someone here knew the backstory on it.

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White on white with black interior
4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac.
One of 26 made

Last edited by flyingn; 02-04-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingn View Post
Lots to discuss here. The car is a looker but there are all kinds of things going on..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Pontia...ZaYRBy&vxp=mtr
To avoid this in the future you might have stated you have a friend looking at and wanted input. What he is saying does happen way too often on this site.
Peace

Old 02-04-2018, 04:42 PM

It certainly does not sound like you are impressed with the car by your original post... "there are all kinds of things going on."

So I will not apologize.

FYI - I will help you understand the difference in early and late trunk lids. Just post a pic of the underside of yours and I will explain the difference.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is not a good thread....

Old 02-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'd advise those with such tender sensibilities to stay off the Epic Craigslist Ad of the Day thread...

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 02-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL, I agree Dual Snorkel and Ponchjoe, they do this crap all the time, so much so they unfortunately even have a name for it. Shark tank!!

Stupidness if you ask me. As most that comment don't have anything better themselves. See it all the time at shows too.

Now if it were presented in a more respectful way in a specific "restoration" area where everyone could learn from it, or presented as a possible scam car that is for sale in an event to keep the honest people from being taken, then I'm all for it. But what I won't do and don't condone, is bashing.

In this case it appears some things aren't on the "up and up" with tags and paperwork (maybe?? there are known mistakes sometimes) and since the car is for sale, it is important for those in the car hobby to point this out to potential buyers.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOnly70 View Post
I'd advise those with such tender sensibilities to stay off the Epic Craigslist Ad of the Day thread...
Now THAT'S funny...........

Old 02-04-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Snorkel View Post
My apologies to the people who tried to correct what the "experts" are saying is wrong with this car.

However, these "experts" are the reason that I resisted joining this site for so long and now regret it as I thought I would. ?
For the asking price is why I appreciate the experts on this site.
Shiny paint and the "GTO" name could cost a first time buyer his life savings never to be recouped.
Would you be able to tell the Cowl tag "rivets were wrong, misplaced electric window switches in the wrong place or its a vinyl top car by looking at numbers?
Some can't and would appreciate avoiding a close call.
I despise a clone or the snake who sits at a carshow all day and will lie through his teeth thats its real!

Old 02-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This vehicle is on public display. When a vehicle is on public display it can be praised or scrutinized. Snowflakes need to put down there "blanky" and act like adults...... boohoo... he said mean things..

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
Old 02-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a right way and a wrong way.