THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

test

Old 11-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

One of the videos showed a guy using a cheap curved tip syringe to put grease in that hole. I looked 'em up. Seems they're used for all sorts of things, including dental uses & as a hobby tool for working on models.

Online, they are only about a dollar each, if you buy at least 5. If you buy a larger quantity, they're only about 50 cents each. Gonna get TJ to see if she can buy just one, real cheap, at Wal Mart or one of the local drug stores.

The most popular one seems to be the Monoject 412.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoject-Curv...ag=googhydr-20

Another is the Easy Glide 1012.

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Glide-Cu.../dp/B01H0IAM7K

What do ya'll think about a factory "Reconditioned" EGO CS1401 for $179 + tax ? Right now, it's more than $40 cheaper than the best new price I can find. Warranty is only 1 year. I assume it will work just as good as a new one. Keep in mind that this is for a saw I don't need. At least, as of right now, I don't THINK I need it.

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/ego-cs1401-fc

Old 11-21-2020, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Grease Hole

Decided to check our saw bars for the grease hole.

To my surprise, all 3 saws DO have the hole. The Kobalt pole saw does not have one. But, the 12" Dewalt, as well as the 40v & 80v Kobalt all DO have one.

Below are pics of the hole in the Dewalt & 40v Kobalt. The hole in the 80v looks almost exactly like the 40v. All the wheels are held in with one rivet.

There are videos that show guys repairing professional bars, which have removable, replaceable bar ends. The replaceable ends are of course the part that has the wheel(sprocket) & grease hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dewalt Grease Hole .jpg
Views:	19
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	554482   Click image for larger version

Name:	40v Kobalt Grease Hole .jpg
Views:	18
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	554483  

Old 11-21-2020, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyakr View Post
What do ya'll think about a factory "Reconditioned" EGO CS1401 for $179 + tax ?
I'd pay the extra $40 and get New with the 5yr/3yr Warranty.
Mainly just for covering the Battery
Ad doesn't say if the battery is also refurb'd , or New

How much is shipping from Acme - to you ?
Webpage says Free Ship - IF - Over $199

EGO's having matching serial numbers on the Tool and Battery . fwiw

I'm going to keep a watch on the Acme website for 16" or 18" Bare Tool Refurbished EGO Chainsaws. They seem to be the only outlet doing Refurb EGO.

Back in June 2020 , HomeDepot had Refurb 14" EGO Saw with 2.0 Battery for $149
Found an old link where someone copy/pasted the ad on a web forum page.
That would have been a Nice Deal to pick up in a store.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now here is something Really Wild
EGO has a BackPack PowerLink for their hand tools
You wear your Battery in a backpack harness and it has a 5'9" Cable with a "dummy head" battery receptacle you plug into the tool where the real battery would go.
They have batteries up to 7.5Ah

Those EGO people are really going all the way above and beyond.

That would make one of the chainsaws feather-lite.
And - it's ONLY $180 extra !

They also have power converters where you hook in 4 of their batteries to this digital box and use it like a gas powered generator.
If you gots the moneys they gots the goodies

Old Yesterday, 02:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"...How much is shipping from Acme - to you ?
Webpage says Free Ship - IF - Over $199..."

Yeah, I noticed that too. But, if you put it in your "cart" & go to checkout, it shows free shipping, plus tax.

Without free shipping, the total price would be nearly the price of a new one from Amazon. I'm sure Acme realized that when they priced it.

New, from Amazon, seems to the best deal going, right now.

Assuming that Lowes is just getting cranked up with EGO. So I'm hoping they'll have some smokin deals, in the near future. OR, since HD don't sell EGO anymore, Lowes may figure they don't need to price 'em any lower.

I called Lowes yesterday. I can either get a price match OR the 10% vet discount, but NOT both. So, with the 5% credit with the Amazon store card, at $230 + tax, Amazon has Lowes price beat. I've got nothing but great service & quick shipping from Amazon.

Don't know if a warranty claim would be any better experience if I bought from Lowes ???

Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Chains

As cheap as chains are, I have no plans, right now, to spend any time sharpening any of my chains with a file.

Have already bought new Oregon chains for the Kobalt pole saw & 12" chainsaw. I use the 12" quite a bit now. So, it's chain does cut near as good as it did when new.

So, I decided to search for the best price, even if I must buy more than one at a time. Also plan to use the WEN 16" a lot. So, I'll need some new chains for it(assuming it cuts OK).

Well, when I looked up an Oregon S56, the 1st thing that popped up was what I call a "no name" brand. I'd never heard of it. I just assumed it was cheap Chinese junk. So, I looked up reviews of that brand. To my complete surprise, the chains get real good reviews. And, if you buy 4 to 6 at a time, you can get the price down to $7 or less.

The brand is UpStart. Anybody use 'em ?

https://www.amazon.com/UpStart-Compo...-garden&sr=1-2

https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Pack-16...ents/242015503

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have an Oregon Power Blade on my chainsaw. It has the extra holes in the blade you you can use their chainsaw sharpener. You can buy them as a set, and extra stones as you need them. You attach it to the blade then point it and rest it on the ground. Pull the trigger and press down for 3 to 5 seconds and it sharpens the chain.

Video of it on YouTube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYCxjDoxj0E

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
Built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had seen the UpStart Bars and Chains on Walmart website.
Figured they were probably real inferior/short life type products for infrequent users.
Would be good to know if they stay sharp with extended use - beyond periodic infrequent use like most homeowner type chainsaws.

They charge $8-10 per chain to sharpen them around here - off the saw.
I bought a Harbor Freight bench model chain sharpener years ago - and have never even used it yet.

Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gotta brag on the Oregon Grease Gadget
It works quick and easy.
The tapered cone nozzle seals off on the holes in the bar and no grease tries to push back out around the hole on the side you are greasing.
Its a real injector

Took 2 pump-injections on each side of the new/un-used 14" EGO to get some excess.
Only 1 on each side of the new/un-used 12" Craftsman (smaller nose).
I took the bars/chains off the saws so could see the action easier.
Everybody needs one of these gadgets for $6.50

My old electric Remington 8" Pole Saw is the only saw that doesn't have a sprocket/rivet in the nose. And no grease hole.
Old Ryobi 18volt 10" has a Homelite bar with sprocket/rivet/grease hole.

The 14" bar/chain from the EGO - also fits the 12" Craftsman saw.
It spins it good, and looks more like a real chainsaw with 14" bar on it.

Will grease the others tomorrow and see if the Kobalt 18" bar fits the EGO saw.