#61  
Old 11-11-2020, 11:38 AM
John Langer's Avatar
John Langer John Langer is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: phila pa usa
Posts: 3,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
So how much HP do you think it takes for these runs?

Mark Kauffman '09 GXP N/A KRE Warp 6 535 7.026 ET 195.11 MPH 2130# Oct 2013

7.027 - 197.16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARRqTaYmGxw

Stan
With a liberty in an aero chassis, 1175-1200 tops. Thatís not even one of the top 3 na engines.

  #62  
Old 11-11-2020, 11:51 AM
dragracerx2813's Avatar
dragracerx2813 dragracerx2813 is offline
Senior Chief
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange Park Fl
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
With a liberty in an aero chassis, 1175-1200 tops. Thatís not even one of the top 3 na engines.

I would guess the top 3 Na engine would be heads up class racers. Rules can limit then. But they also push and try new stuff to get everything out of their engines.

  #63  
Old 11-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Stan Weiss's Avatar
Stan Weiss Stan Weiss is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
With a liberty in an aero chassis, 1175-1200 tops. Thatís not even one of the top 3 na engines.
John,
Never said it was tops. Just answering Dragncar's post. So how much HP were you making in back then?

Stan

__________________
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
Do you use engine simulation software that uses cylinder head flow files?
We have a package of more than 3100 DFW/FLW Files.
  #64  
Old 11-11-2020, 12:06 PM
GTOGEORGE's Avatar
GTOGEORGE GTOGEORGE is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Rockwood, MICHIGAN
Posts: 8,232
Default

Ill bet the GPX barely got into double digit passes. So around 1,200 real life hp isnít too bad. More passes equals quicker ets.



GTO George

__________________
2016 U.S. Pontiac Nationals Burnout Winner
2016 Ames Pontiac KRE Quick 16 Winner
KRE Quick 16 Runner up twice

KRE
Tin Indian Performance
DCI
KRE High Ports
MR-1 Block 525 CI
GRP - Aluminum Rods
Moldex - 4.5" Stroke Billet Crank
8-71 BDS
3,180 lbs.
Rossler - TH210 transmission
THE "Quickest" Pontiac powered Pontiac door car in Michigan!
7.98 @ 170......13 lbs of boost!
5.06 @ 141 1/8 mile


It's easy to sit in the CHEAP seats and criticize, when you haven't done anything!
  #65  
Old 11-11-2020, 12:09 PM
GTOGEORGE's Avatar
GTOGEORGE GTOGEORGE is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Rockwood, MICHIGAN
Posts: 8,232
Default

Stan on your list you have Marks car at over 199 mph.


GTO George

__________________
2016 U.S. Pontiac Nationals Burnout Winner
2016 Ames Pontiac KRE Quick 16 Winner
KRE Quick 16 Runner up twice

KRE
Tin Indian Performance
DCI
KRE High Ports
MR-1 Block 525 CI
GRP - Aluminum Rods
Moldex - 4.5" Stroke Billet Crank
8-71 BDS
3,180 lbs.
Rossler - TH210 transmission
THE "Quickest" Pontiac powered Pontiac door car in Michigan!
7.98 @ 170......13 lbs of boost!
5.06 @ 141 1/8 mile


It's easy to sit in the CHEAP seats and criticize, when you haven't done anything!
  #66  
Old 11-11-2020, 05:06 PM
Dragncar Dragncar is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Humbolt County California
Posts: 6,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
So how much HP do you think it takes for these runs?

Mark Kauffman '09 GXP N/A KRE Warp 6 535 7.026 ET 195.11 MPH 2130# Oct 2013

7.027 - 197.16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARRqTaYmGxw

Stan
Thats your department Stan.
The Warp heads have not wiped the other inline heads off the map(or semi inline)
This is a CV thread anyway. What is the highest NA horsepower shown at the track for those canted valve bad boys ?

  #67  
Old 11-11-2020, 08:14 PM
Stan Weiss's Avatar
Stan Weiss Stan Weiss is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Thats your department Stan.
The Warp heads have not wiped the other inline heads off the map(or semi inline)
This is a CV thread anyway. What is the highest NA horsepower shown at the track for those canted valve bad boys ?
While a 7.026 @ 195.11 may or may not be 1200 HP @ 2130# I do believe 6.027 @ 197.16 is 1200 HP @ 2130#

Remember this was Oct 2013. 7 year ago. It was a 535 ci engine so that is 2.243 HP per ci.

Why has no one done better? What N/A heads up classes can you run the Warp 6 or a CV-1 in?

Stan

__________________
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
Do you use engine simulation software that uses cylinder head flow files?
We have a package of more than 3100 DFW/FLW Files.
  #68  
Old 11-12-2020, 12:49 AM
Dragncar Dragncar is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Humbolt County California
Posts: 6,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
While a 7.026 @ 195.11 may or may not be 1200 HP @ 2130# I do believe 6.027 @ 197.16 is 1200 HP @ 2130#

Remember this was Oct 2013. 7 year ago. It was a 535 ci engine so that is 2.243 HP per ci.

Why has no one done better? What N/A heads up classes can you run the Warp 6 or a CV-1 in?

Stan
CV-1s have been around a long time. Someone has to have made big NA power with them ?

  #69  
Old 11-12-2020, 06:31 AM
Dragncar Dragncar is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Humbolt County California
Posts: 6,264
Default

Looking back at the time slip, thats quite a nice 60 foot. 1.29 is moving.

  #70  
Old 11-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Scott Stoneburg's Avatar
Scott Stoneburg Scott Stoneburg is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,651
Default

Looking at the time slips, nice improvement with just a manifold swap. Somethings up with the mph in the 1/4. He picked up 2mph in the 1/8 but less than 1 mph at the end. Was he out of the gas early?

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Stoneburg For This Useful Post:
  #71  
Old 11-12-2020, 05:31 PM
Dragncar Dragncar is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Humbolt County California
Posts: 6,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
Looking at the time slips, nice improvement with just a manifold swap. Somethings up with the mph in the 1/4. He picked up 2mph in the 1/8 but less than 1 mph at the end. Was he out of the gas early?
I doubt that car had fuel issues.
Long runners are known to produce more low end torque. Now this is just my opinion but maybe those very long runners are not the best for top end. With any pipe there is greater resistance to flow the longer they are.
High RPM tunnel rams are usually on the short side. Again, JMO.

  #72  
Old 11-12-2020, 06:38 PM
slowbird's Avatar
slowbird slowbird is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Montgomery, IL
Posts: 9,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
I doubt that car had fuel issues.
Long runners are known to produce more low end torque. Now this is just my opinion but maybe those very long runners are not the best for top end. With any pipe there is greater resistance to flow the longer they are.
High RPM tunnel rams are usually on the short side. Again, JMO.
Or maybe he needs to rejet, or maybe the carb being higher isn't working as good with the hood/scoop or maybe his on his rev limiter or maybe engine is just out of rpm. Lots of reasons why he can show bigger gains in 1/8 vs 1/4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slowbird For This Useful Post:
  #73  
Old 11-12-2020, 07:47 PM
535 tall deck's Avatar
535 tall deck 535 tall deck is offline
Chief Ponti-yacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: nitro alley, il
Posts: 806
Default

When Scott wrote "out of the gas early" I took that as lifting his foot off the gas pedal not running out of gas

  #74  
Old 11-12-2020, 08:10 PM
Scott Stoneburg's Avatar
Scott Stoneburg Scott Stoneburg is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post
When Scott wrote "out of the gas early" I took that as lifting his foot off the gas pedal not running out of gas
Exactly what i meant. I'll rephrase. Did he let out of the throttle early for some reason?

  #75  
Old 11-13-2020, 07:58 AM
Elarson's Avatar
Elarson Elarson is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 2,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
CV-1s have been around a long time. Someone has to have made big NA power with them ?
With all the internet vitriol about CV-1ís I wouldnít be surprised if there are folks out there making power and not talking about it.

Just a theory.....

Eric

__________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

ďThe mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.Ē
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elarson For This Useful Post:
  #76  
Old 11-13-2020, 10:50 AM
Jack Ferris's Avatar
Jack Ferris Jack Ferris is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: West Jordan UT
Posts: 2,791
Default

Agree with that. This is definitely not the place to come to discuss one's accomplishments.

__________________
Jack Ferris
RestoRacing LLC
www.restoracing.com
Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Ferris For This Useful Post:
  #77  
Old 11-13-2020, 06:14 PM
PontiacFan428 PontiacFan428 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ferris View Post
Agree with that. This is definitely not the place to come to discuss one's accomplishments.
Serious question, where is a good place to discuss one's accomplishments? I'm new to Pontiac forums. Not into social media either. Just recently got back into bracket racing after a 20+ year hibernation.

  #78  
Old 11-13-2020, 07:44 PM
johnta1's Avatar
johnta1 johnta1 is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: now sunny Florida!
Posts: 19,645
Default

This is a good place to post your accomplishments.
But just ignore them.

What car do you race?


__________________
John Wallace - johnta1
Pontiac Power RULES !!!
www.wallaceracing.com

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 THE Quickest, Fastest, BEST Aftermarket Pontiac Block Bar NONE!

1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!


"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."


Last edited by Stuart; 11-22-2020 at 05:18 PM.
  #79  
Old 11-13-2020, 08:25 PM
PontiacFan428 PontiacFan428 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 9
Default

My street car is a first gen Firebird. I was building a 64 GTO clone back half big tire 4-link car in the late 90's and plan to resume the project. Goal is 9's and maybe some day an 8 second pass with max effort. Naturally aspirated and on pump gas (E-85). I have several boxes of brand new 20 year old parts LOL.


Last edited by Stuart; 11-22-2020 at 05:13 PM.
  #80  
Old 11-13-2020, 08:37 PM
slowbird's Avatar
slowbird slowbird is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Montgomery, IL
Posts: 9,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan428 View Post
My street car is a first gen Firebird. I was building a 64 GTO clone back half big tire 4-link car in the late 90's and plan to resume the project. Goal is 9's and maybe some day an 8 second pass with max effort. Naturally aspirated and on pump gas (E-85). I have several boxes of brand new 20 year old parts LOL.
Cool! Sounds like a fun project

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.

 

About Us

The PY Online Forums is the largest online gathering of Pontiac enthusiasts anywhere in the world. Founded in 1991, it was also the first online forum for people to gather and talk about their Pontiacs. Since then, it has become the mecca of Pontiac technical data and knowledge that no other place can surpass.

 

Cold Case Radiators

Cold Case Radiators is a Max Performance company that produces high end aluminum performance radiators at a price point that won't break the bank. Polished and stamped tanks. 2 rows of 1" tubes. Lifetime Warranty.

GTOG8TA.com

GTOG8TA.com is a Max Performance company that manufacturers parts for the 04-06 GTO, 08-09 G8, and 93-02 Firebird/Trans Am platforms.

Copyright © 2017