THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Great customer service for once!

My wife and I bought a 2018 Suburban months back to use as her daily driver. It took us a while to find the one we wanted as we were looking for certain options and she was picky about color. I ended up buying from a Chevy dealership just over the Iowa border from me. About an hour and 15 minute drive. I didn’t mind traveling a little as we could never find one exactly like we wanted, or it would be sold by the time we got to it.
One of the things they gave with the deal was 3 free oil and filter changes, tire rotation, ect. It’s not exactly convenient because we live far away, but I figured we’d take a little trip and have the free maintenance done last Saturday.
While we were waiting my wife asked about headphones for the DVD/entertainment system and a weathtech floor mat for the back. I got a price from the parts manager and was surprised that it was identical to what I would pay when I price shopped on the internet. Hmmm....OK, we’ll take em!
I asked if he could just have them shipped to our house in Wisconsin and didn’t want to make another trip. He said he would drop them off personally! I told him we were about 60 miles away. He said “No big deal, the wife and I will just take a little drive then”. His wife was the secretary at the dealership.
I was speechless honestly. I told him he didn’t have to do that, just ship them. “No, no, we’ll just drop them by”. I’m just not used to the small town mentality yet I guess since I moved to this area a few years ago!
Dealership is Birdnow Chevrolet in Monona Iowa, btw.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.

Last edited by 67drake; 04-06-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Now that really is great service! How nice to hear!!

Old 04-06-2020, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We have an automotive repair shop around here that is run by what I think is one of the last good Christian independent mechanics out there. I usually do my own stuff but jobs that are beyond me or I just don’t feel like taking on I let him do. He kept my elderly mothers Aveo alive a LOT longer than it should have and he never once ripped her off. Reasonable on labor and doesn’t make money on parts.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:11 PM

Sometimes living in a small town, distance doesn't seem the same as it does to people in cities. We drive 45 miles to get groceries or even fast food. My wife drive's 70 miles each direction to work every day. There are alot of people here who do the same thing. Yet people where she works get upset about having to drive across town.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Gotta Love those Iowa folks!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...