Old 03-11-2020, 08:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default paint code for the silver in the coves on a '61 Ventura

Does anyone have this code?

Old 03-11-2020, 01:33 PM

Assuming it's the same color that was used on the trim cove on Bonnevilles, I found that Krylon dull aluminum spray paint was pretty much an exact match.

Old 03-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The metallic silver paint in the Ventura's cove is glossy, like the upper grill pieces which are also metallic silver. I don't think that paint and what is on the inner part of the Bonneville chrome side trim are the same thing but I could be wrong.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:10 PM

The upper grille pieces on every '61 I've looked at are more of a semi-gloss, which is about the same as the Krylon paint I mentioned earlier - the 'dull' in the name refers more to the color than it's level of gloss. Anyway, it's just a thought. You could buy a can and try it out on a sample piece of metal to see what you think, and then add a coat of clear over the top to make it shinier if necessary.