THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:09 AM
Senior Chief

i have used both square drive and torx in my deck screws for the last 7-10 years and much prefer the torx,,they tolerate misalignment way better than the square ..and i have noticed the square are harder to find at Lowes and HD..for holding down deck planks, the cheap ones will work ,,but for side use where stress and side loads u need deck screws rated for stress loading, it will be on a label on side of box, measured in pounds..not a lot more money but worth it,,

Old 04-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

X10 on using the hardened deck screws, not cheap but worth it

Old 04-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Along those lines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madokie View Post
i have used both square drive and torx in my deck screws for the last 7-10 years and much prefer the torx,,they tolerate misalignment way better than the square ..and i have noticed the square are harder to find at Lowes and HD..for holding down deck planks, the cheap ones will work ,,but for side use where stress and side loads u need deck screws rated for stress loading, it will be on a label on side of box, measured in pounds..not a lot more money but worth it,,
I used those when we rebuilt my front porch back in 2016. I bought a lot of extra bits thinking they weren't going to last but did a great job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1465488234022.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	536705  

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 04-08-2020, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Buy Azek. You do t see any nails at all. Lasts forever.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱