SOLD Parts The parts in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for reference.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:10 AM

Thumbs up Rochester Quadrajet 7040273 carburetor - 1970 A and F body Ram Air 4 Speed.

** revised to meet BB requirements** Now offering for sale, my 70 Ram Air 4 Speed 7040273 Quadrajet. I previously posted a question in the Lobby asking about this carburetor - under the Thread "Fell down the Rochester Quadrajet Rabbit hole with a 7040273 carb. Ideas?". A lot of information is already there for your review.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=838964

I have revised this to meet the Moderators requirements.

The carb was on a 1968 big valve, 4 bolt 428 in my '69 4 Speed GP. I have no idea or recollection about how this carburetor got there.
Here is a narrative and some pictures:
The Very Good:
Primary parts of the this carburetor are all there, and are correct.
1) Correct Air horn with correct casting number (7038737) and lightly stamped correct stamped number, deep accelerator pump well.
2) Body clearly stamped with the 7040273 ram air 4 speed (Lemans, GTO, T-37, Firebird and Trans Am 400 engine cars) Date Code 1270: Letters WC.
3) Correct Base with correct casting number (7037174).
Condition is unrestored, just slightly cleaned up with spray carb solvent and a toothbrush.
1) Inside of fuel well and inlet area have no visible corrosion.
2) Fuel inlet threads are intact.
3) Base plate is not bent or warped.

The 2 concerns to note:
1) choke plate and shaft were removed some time in the past, and I cannot locate the originals from this exact carb. I had a choke shaft that meets the proper functions, but it is a "narrow screw hole pattern shaft", Choke plate has been replaced with the correct part number choke plate, but the screw holess are the wide screw holes. I purchased a choke shaft, but while it fits the choke plate, the arm is short and does not function like the other one with the narrow screw hole pattern. Putting the arm from the narrow choke shaft on the wide hole choke shaft or obtaining a correct choke shaft would correct this minor problem.
2) Choke pull off/secondary air valve control on the carb was a correct metallic gray and black rochester products choke pull off, but was disfigured from heat. It has been replaced by a new production functioning white plastic item.

Misc:
I will include both choke shaft and the old choke pull-off parts. The black part of the old choke pull off is intact. It has been separated from the heat damaged gray front.

Pictures:

[IMG]://www.pontiacregistry.com/members/album_pic.php?pic_id=1416[/IMG]

Also included is the old Jiffy Kit I purchased for this carb over 20 years ago.

I am planning to sell this to a fellow Pontiac enthusiast for their car, not someone trying to buy it and re-sell it. I will be looking for $3000.00 for this carburetor, so not crazy high like the $5500 I have seen (or the $1600 for just the airhorn). I am in Georgia.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:25 PM

Carburetor has been sold to one of the guys on this bb. He was looking for one with a similar date code for 30 years.