THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:57 PM

Default class reunion

I went to my 45th high school class reunion Saturday night. The couple who hosted the reunion decided we should have a little bonfire.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bonfire 1.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	517512  

Old 08-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My 45 th is this year too...

Old 08-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Old farts..
This would be my 44th.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:36 AM
Senior Chief

My 45th is this year also. I’ve planned and organized our last five reunions plus another 8 events. One of the best get togethers was a cook out during the day and sitting around a bonfire at night.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That looks like the match we use to start bonfires around here

Old 08-12-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank R View Post
My 45th is this year also. I’ve planned and organized our last five reunions plus another 8 events. One of the best get togethers was a cook out during the day and sitting around a bonfire at night.
We were talking about what to do for the 50th reunion, since that's sort of a milestone. There were suggestions about something extravagant like going on a cruise, but the ones where you do something simple like a cookout and a bonfire are usually the most fun anyway.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Never attended one. 41 years.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Our 45th reunion was at a small local winery. Classmate was the head of the local Elks so he provided the barbecue. Hired an oldies band for the tunes. Everyone had a great time sitting at picnic tables and dancing on a wooden deck well into the evening. Out of a class of 425 over a hundred showed up. Some people had not changed at all, others... glad they had a name tag.

Hoping to have the 68 done in time for our 50th next year. Not looking to good time wise but it would be great to drive the car that I drove to High School.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 08-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
We were talking about what to do for the 50th reunion, since that's sort of a milestone. There were suggestions about something extravagant like going on a cruise, but the ones where you do something simple like a cookout and a bonfire are usually the most fun anyway.
I can tell you from experience that the more they cost the less people attend. We have a classmate that has done very well and he sponsors a free cocktail party the day before our official reunion.. There’s always more people at the free event.

I work hard to keep the costs down but theirs always complaints.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

50th next year (class of 1970), never been to one either.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 08-12-2019, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Went to my 20 and 30. Had a great time at both. And I agree with the point above regarding cost. The most successful seem to be the most simple. My 30 was out in the country on about 15 acres. Pole barn with concrete floor, electric, and well water was there. It had a couple of porta-potties, and a bonfire pit. They did catered food buffet style, numerous bottles of liquor, and a keg on tap. Classic tunes were provided by phone/streaming service. The low cost theme was reminiscent of the parties we used to throw out in the middle of nowhere.

A friend of mine from Vegas went to his 20. It was put together as a big deal, with pretty high cost. Attendance was crap, and most of that was a bunch of pretentious d-holes.

For me, it's all about hearing the stories. It's amazing to learn where life has taken people who all started out in the same place.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My 45th will be next year. Our class only graduated about 100 people.

We had a 10th and a 25th class reunion. Both were simple, the last one was held at the volunteer fire department. The class president of our graduating class never made an effort to organize a class reunion, so I'm not sure if we will ever have another one. The two people that organized the last ones say they're not interested in undertaking it again.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 PM

Graduated Class of 1969. My graduating class just had their 50th. I am happy for people that enjoyed their times in high school, and reuniting with their classmates.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My 50th was in 2018 but I was unable to attend. I have been to three or four over the years and really enjoyed them.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My 25th was last year and I actually have a kind o childish reason for not going. I have a lifelong female friend who I have NEVER been romantically involved with in any way just good friends. She is movie star gorgeous and time has been a friend to her. She still looks 18. Of course my wife is jealous and can’t stand it if she messages me on FB (Mostly to gossip about small town stuff) well she messaged me about two months before the reunion and asked me if I was going. I told her I was undecided and she lives a few hours away so she said she wasn’t gonna make the trip unless I was gonna be there to talk to. My wife read the message and just to avoid the tension I decided not to go. My wife is not really a jealous woman and is the best spouse a man could ask for but I guess if any of you guys had an old friend who looked like a supermodel your wives would give you **** too.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My graduating class had almost 700, and I think 50 of them showed up to our 10 year - and nobody I knew real well. Most of them I barely remembered.

Since then, I’ve skipped it, but I do send in a biography for their book. I’ll send in a picture of one of the Animal House cast members and write a bunch of smart-ass stuff. It always looks funny next to the guys who send in a picture of themselves shirtless when they were 18, or the guy next to a fancy car talking about his “AUM.”

Old 08-13-2019, 03:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been to a few, some mine and some for my wife. They were ok but by far the best was the multi year reunion. It covered 5 or 6 classes of the school so it included two of my brothers. Probably the only type I might consider at this point in my life. It was actually fun.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
My wife is not really a jealous woman and is the best spouse a man could ask for but I guess if any of you guys had an old friend who looked like a supermodel your wives would give you **** too.
Most of my friends look like supermodels... but then so does my wife.

Funny that almost every time there is a reunion thread there are a bunch of guys who say how much they hate them. We're actually not too bad so far on this one! I have always had fun at mine, been to all but the 10th. My wife even comes along and hangs out with my supermodel friends. I do agree that the less formal they are, the more fun they are.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 08-13-2019, 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=goatless;6050601]Most of my friends look like supermodels... but then so does my wife.

Mental note: Need to starting hanging out with Goatless

I need friends with friends like you.

Been to my 10th, won't be going back. Went to my GFs 30th, the night before was a keg party at an old farm they used to party at as kids. I had a blast. The next night it was a dance hall, both were fun.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup...need more Supermodels in my life