Old 10-16-2019, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

More important than getting additional air in is getting hot underhood air out. I don't think opening the inserts will help with that either but if I were going to try and solve a problem that's the one I would work at. Seriously, is the car all finished and nothing left to do to improve anything else you can think of? It kind of seems like you're chasing your tail on this but I know how sometimes it gets in your head and you just gotta get it out.

There's been times when I thought I'd spent all the money I needed to on the car and started to buy stupid **** just because I couldn't think of anything else. Of course then I remember that last time I pulled my axles out I noticed one of them was looking like it was starting to twist. Now replacing 50 year old, twisting axles before the rear end blows is something worthy of spending time and money on. I'm just saying, it's good to keep focus on the important things before tackling non-consequential issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	522325  

69 Firebird-462/Edel round ports/currently running the Holley Sniper/4sp/3.23posi/Deluxe Int/pwr st/vintage air/4wl disc( a work in progress-always )

http://youtu.be/eaWBd3M9MN4
Old 10-17-2019, 08:45 AM
Suspended

I would put the effort into making the under-hood temps cooler. Remove anything that's not needed. Those big, hvac plenums, are like having another set of manifolds under the hood..
Opening up the radiator support really helps. I did this on a 64 B body and it made a tremendous difference with under hood temps. My air cleaner lid was lightly warm after long drives so I removed the fresh air system I made, the car ran the same...

Old 10-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Point-counter-point...
You guys need to think outside the box.
Agree not much power added. Wouldn't even notice difference except maybe cool damp nites.

But its hard to beat the cool factor!
And unless caught in a bad rain little water gets into scoops and is evaporated.
But do what I've done since 81. Keep a pair of soft rubber seals in car jic.
And use them when washing it.

I vote

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100