Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
Len Williams Engines has a good reputation for turn-key 455's at a reasonable cost. I have not used his services, but others here have. I personally would keep the 389, and would keep it smooth and stock-ish. The car is a full size luxury car, not a racer. It should have nice manners. I have run 389's, 400's, and 428's.....I like 389's because it just 'sounds' right, and is a proprietary Pontiac engines size, like 421. Good luck whatever you choose. A big, bread-and-butter 455 would be really nice in your car as well, and do it with less fuss than a smaller engine.
There is another 389, I looked it up in my dad Motors manuals where I was a kid. Don't remember the brand but I think it was a "off" brand like AMC or something.
Now 421 is, I have it as my race car number at our track.