67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:25 PM

Default 69 bird rear bumper GM?

Trying to find out if my rear bumber is GM or repo. Where would part number be stamped?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Senior Chief

In body position, if the two jack tabs are vertical, it's original. If they are horizontal, it's a repro.

And if the jack tabs are horizontal, you'll want to cut them off prior to install. Otherwise, they'll scrape the paint. You could try bending them, but that's risky.

I can't remember about the part number location. I thought it was stamped on a metal pad that was welded to the inside of the bumper.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:18 AM

Should be by the license plate light, by one of the screw heads. The tabs are the quckest way to find out. I just bought a goodmark and the tabs aren't there....

Old 04-29-2008, 11:52 PM

Don't mean to highjack but...

Fuhrmann,
Could you please let us know how that Goodmark bumper fits?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 AM

Currently I have only just put it on with 2 brackets to see how it fits as I am going to blast and epoxy the brackets while I have them off. Just from essentially hanging the bumper I am really pleased with it, I can't really find any difference from the original with the exception of the tabs and the punched code by the license plate light. No fighting with alignment issues so far! I'll give the goodmark a 9 out of 10 the chrome could be better, but I am becoming a fuss pot.....

Old 04-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Thanks. I know the repops a few years ago had fitment issues. I was hoping the newer Goodmark pieces would be better.

Bob