Old 03-08-2003, 04:14 PM

I'm looking at a 73 ta owner says all oringal # matching!He is the 3rd owner 15 years,and his friend had the car for 10years.This is all I know for now,motor ia a ZZ 455 should the #'s above match the Vin?Non A/c.4 spd car,should it have a m22?The rear looks to be a 10bolt is this correct for a 73 TA?(to much snow to tell for sure)Can some one give me the codes for trans and rear.The car has surface rust on the trunk and roof,rust in lower fenders,Qpanels have rot on the inside area where the trunk bumpers hit the Q,only floor rot is on drivers floor.clean title cars has 90k on it sounds good,can't drive poor brakes.He's looking for 3k car is all together what do you guys think.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:14 PM

I'm looking at a 73 ta owner says all oringal # matching!He is the 3rd owner 15 years,and his friend had the car for 10years.This is all I know for now,motor ia a ZZ 455 should the #'s above match the Vin?Non A/c.4 spd car,should it have a m22?The rear looks to be a 10bolt is this correct for a 73 TA?(to much snow to tell for sure)Can some one give me the codes for trans and rear.The car has surface rust on the trunk and roof,rust in lower fenders,Qpanels have rot on the inside area where the trunk bumpers hit the Q,only floor rot is on drivers floor.clean title cars has 90k on it sounds good,can't drive poor brakes.He's looking for 3k car is all together what do you guys think.

Old 03-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The ZZ code was only used in 1973 on the 455.
So,the engine is probably correct for the car.

To find the ser.# on the engine look on the block next to the timing cover about where the radiator hose comes out of the cover.

It should have a 2N then the last 6 digits of the ser.# of the car stamped on it

johnta1
Pontiac Power RULES !!!
www.wallaceracing.com

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Off the top of my head, I can't give you tranny and rear codes. I am familiar with the ZZ block and it is 73.

You need to think about the cost of replacement parts. NOS quarters for the 70-73 are very hard to find. I just sold a pair of NOS quarters almost instantly for $2500. I priced mine based on Hemmings ads that Camaro Country used to run, and they sold very quickly. Camaro Country still advertises NOS 70-73 quarters in Hemmings, but doesn't list the price. They may be even more expensive now.

I don't know that I've seen any NOS trunk dropoffs either.

Mike