1982-92 TA & FB TECH 1993-2002 TA & FB Tech is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 03-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Will the grilles from the '78-'79 GAs be a direct bolt-on into the header panel of a '78 Grand Lemans? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but want to check first. I don't much care for the Grand Lemans grille, and would like to replace it with GA peces. Are the GA turn signal/headlamp housings identical to those on a plain Lemans, or are they different, too? Also curious whether swapping to a GA grille will require using GA signal/headlight housings.

Old 03-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Will the grilles from the '78-'79 GAs be a direct bolt-on into the header panel of a '78 Grand Lemans? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but want to check first. I don't much care for the Grand Lemans grille, and would like to replace it with GA peces. Are the GA turn signal/headlamp housings identical to those on a plain Lemans, or are they different, too? Also curious whether swapping to a GA grille will require using GA signal/headlight housings.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hi Dave, Having owned 3 79 Grand Ams, I can tell you the grilles won't fit a standard Lemans header panel. The Grand Am nose slopes forward as it reaches the bumper area, the Lemans is pretty much straight up and down from top to bottom. The Grand Am nose will fit the Lemans fenders (both cars use the same ones), as well as the hood (but Grand Ams didn't have a chrome molding on the centerline of the hood. Hope this helps, Dave

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 03-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave, Do you have Grand Am grills? I would like to replace the ones on my 78, need at least one buit would take 2. Thanks-Jim

Old 03-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, Dave, thanks for the info. Looks like my plan to easily spruce up the front of my Grand Lemans isn't gonna work. Got a spare GA header panel laying around?

Jim, I don't have the grilles, I was going to buy them from a fellow board member, Old Goat Racer. You could contact him about the pieces he has.