Old 04-28-2002, 09:09 PM
Senior Chief

did the first 2000 or so Judges built have the black stipe or the blue stripe I own a carousel red 69 judge built 4th week febuary 69 it has no judge emblem on gloge box and no GTO emblem on dash it has original paint but I can't tell if stripe is black or blue I am going to paint car and want to put on correct stripe car has been documented by GM canada and PHS so it is real

Old 04-28-2002, 09:09 PM
Senior Chief

did the first 2000 or so Judges built have the black stipe or the blue stripe I own a carousel red 69 judge built 4th week febuary 69 it has no judge emblem on gloge box and no GTO emblem on dash it has original paint but I can't tell if stripe is black or blue I am going to paint car and want to put on correct stripe car has been documented by GM canada and PHS so it is real

Old 04-28-2002, 10:58 PM
On Vacation

Darren
I was at a show today and there were 3 carousel red judges. All 3 had the black stripe. One was Jim Wangers. One was a RA IV. We were in the same class. My car won the class...thanks darren and bill for selling me the car.

Old 04-28-2002, 11:39 PM
Senior Chief

Your Welcome I hope you enjoy as much as we did

Old 04-29-2002, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's been a couple years since I've seen it but Jim Wangers does have a '69 Judge with blue stripes down here in CA. The last time I asked (1995)I think he said he had 3 '69 Judges total. Two in Michigan and one here.

I'm pretty sure that blue was the first stripe color offered for the '69 Judge.

[ April 29, 2002, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: R 70 Judge ]

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 05-01-2002, 12:59 AM
On Vacation

According to DeMauro in his new restoration GTO book, "After Feb.1969, any GTO hue could be had. Stripe and decal colors were blue with red and yellow accents until Feb. 1969 on Carousel Red Judges, when the primary color was changed to black for the center color."

If the Carousel Red car was manufactured prior to March 1, 1969 the primary color was blue, after that it was black. Kind of like the Rally II centers being changed from black to red on the 1970 GTO.

Was was just looking at a picture of Wangers Judge on the last page of the current Pontiac Enthusiast magazine and it had a blue stripe.

Old 05-01-2002, 09:17 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks I'll have to pick up that book I'll order blue stripe