Old 01-15-2004, 03:13 PM

Hi Everyone, 1st post. I have a Firebird, but that's not why I'm here. My cousin has a '76 Grand Prix that she's had since high school. It has 53K orig miles, but looks like 50K of them were in the winter salt.

Anyway, I can't convince her to get rid of it or to buy a nice replacement GP. She wants it restored. I searched the internet for parts and came up empty handed (except for that one rust-free parts car that was 2200 miles away...)

Is there a source for body parts for these cars (used, new or repro)? It will need fenders, doors and 1/4 patch panels. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-15-2004, 03:13 PM

Hi Everyone, 1st post. I have a Firebird, but that's not why I'm here. My cousin has a '76 Grand Prix that she's had since high school. It has 53K orig miles, but looks like 50K of them were in the winter salt.

Anyway, I can't convince her to get rid of it or to buy a nice replacement GP. She wants it restored. I searched the internet for parts and came up empty handed (except for that one rust-free parts car that was 2200 miles away...)

Is there a source for body parts for these cars (used, new or repro)? It will need fenders, doors and 1/4 patch panels. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-15-2004, 04:51 PM

you best bet is going to be a rust free donor car.

there was a member here who had a 77 that was in your area and was supposedly rust free for sale. he's currently banned from the forum and i don't have contact info for him.

i don't know of anyone reproing good sheetmetal for these cars.

another site you may want to check out is abody.com it's dedicated to 73-7 a bodies but alot of g/p parts interchange with these cars and someone may have usable parts.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-15-2004, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think there is a rust free one in the junkyard near me. Truthfully I didnt pay much attention to it but I will look at it later on early next week for you. Dont most all 73 on up parts interchange? email me if you want or I will forget Txbobcat65@msn.com
Actually all the cars in the junkyards are pretty much rust free around here.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:01 AM

73's a one year only deal.

if he needs a hood it'll have to be a 76 or 77 due to the headlight bulge with the single units.

1/4's and fenders 74-7 should interchange but the closer to a 77 that he buys the better.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Senior Chief

Replacement panels aren't out there and tell your cousin she needs to have a deep pocketbook. 1/4 window moldings just sold for 301 on ebay. I bought a rust free front fender from east west out in kansas or somewhere for about 300. If upper front fender is rusted as many are, I have the upper over front wheel sheet metal patch that I cut and saved. drivers side. If interested let me know. Otherwise keep an eye out for ebay and a guy named michael de baker sells alot of Gp parts. He buys and parts them out.

Old 01-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Suspended

got a 1976 catalina station wagon that I am parting out if any parts will work, but located in Texas.

Old 01-23-2004, 10:47 AM

Thnx for the info. Txbobcat: Texas is still a little too far to p/u a parts car (I'm near Chicago). Thanks though.

I talked to her husband and he thinks it's rusted underneath too. I'm not touching it with a 10-ft pole. I don't know if she'll ever really restore it-- although they did buy a house with a 3-car garage so they could store the POS inside.

I've got 2 projects of my own I should worry about first...

See the (lack of) progress at the Firebird 383 Cardomain page

Old 01-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I snagged some mirrors off that car today. It is a 74. I travel to Mo. every month so Tex aint that far and I know we can beat that $300 price by a couple of hundred.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:03 AM

i have what you're looking for email or call 229-776-9560 Ray-Nathan and i'll show you

Old 09-17-2004, 03:06 PM

I restore 73-77 rgand prixs exclusively- I have all parts and coews to fully restore your car perfectly-
Dave @ D+M Enterprises (860)779-9545