Old 12-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not going to specify but all I can say is there are "tracks" I drive in my area where the traffic is vary light and as long as you are staying in your own lane, have a good radar detector etc. 15mins. would only get you a 1/8 of the way through the drive at best. I taken my TA out for 2hr round trip drives many times. I made the trip from Richland, WA to Ellensburg, WA (about 110 miles) back in '91 in 55min. If you look on the map you can follow hwy 240 out of Richland where it goes to Vernita turns into 243 then to Vantage turns to I90 and then on to Ellensburg. The Z28 had 300hp 350, 2.73 rear, stock rims and stock type tires and a T350 auto tans. I'd ring the 350 out to where the valves floated (approx. 5,700rpm) and back it down to 5,500rpm and stay there as long as the road would allow. The road is getting more populated now so I wouldn't do it again and should'nt have done it then! LOL! I can't imagin the time I could get in my TA!! There are still roads (plenty) in my area where sprited driving is available.

Kids, don't try this at home, above comments were made buy the alter ego of the person writting this gibberish.

P.S. I really should figure out how to organize a meeting of canyon carvers from this site to meet here some summer and go for a drive. Not anything stupid but maybe push the limit a little. There really are some great drives around here. Make a weekend of it and take a quick tour of the State.

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

Last edited by uneasyrider; 12-13-2006 at 11:08 AM.