Old 03-10-2003, 07:17 PM

You can find the Monkey Bars (fake roll cage for Hondas) at hypertuned.com, which incidently is the home of the $200 air filter for Civics that run 21 in the quarter and want to step up to 20.8 times. Peace out! Rockhead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pierced mikey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Danny Rockhead:
Well I have seen it all now. While surfing the web I saw something called "Monkey Bars" which is a fake roll cage you put in the back of your ricer. The disclaimer says "Not for Race applications, show and styling only". $200 for a fake ugly yellow cage that takes up your whole back seat, how ridiculous! These are too funny, just surf or look under import race parts. These clowns are paying 200 for a damn air filter! What next wheelie bars for these front wheel drivers? How bout parachutes with no chute in the box? Maybe I should open a store, but I just couldnt live with myself.

Pontiac's that haul ass with Pontiac engines!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried finding those "monkey bars" so I could goof on some import owners I know(tuners, not ricers) but couldn't. Any idea where to look?

http://kurtsplates.homestead.com/files/428LMNS.jpg

Nothing is real if you don't believe in yourself-Rocky Balboa<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pontiac's that haul ass with Pontiac engines!

Old 03-10-2003, 07:25 PM

Re: The Talon. It is basically a Jap platform with an american label. It was the best of the 3, the Laser, Eclipse, Talon. What does it run the quarter in? What is under the hood? What hi perf mods did you make? I read you had a 79 TA. Sell the Talon and buy another Pontiac, because its not enough to just be fast, you have to look good too, unless you are a ricer. Maybe I got that backwards....At any rate get a fake roll bar they look great! hypertuned.com

Old 03-10-2003, 08:37 PM

I would love to have another TA, I'm sure I'll own one again, just can't afford it right now. Don't need a fake roll cage, I need a real one, my talon runs 11.3 at 126mph in the 1/4. Hoping for mid 10's with a new turbo setup. Its got Crower rods and JE pistons (.020 over, 122ci 4cyl), t3/t4 turbo setup, large front mount intercooler, home ported head, 8500rpm redline, 80hp NOS kit (runs 11.6@120mph without the nitrous).

[This message was edited by Jason Wier on March 10, 2003 at 11:05 PM.]

Old 03-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wow! Thats pretty quick! I'll respect that!

1968 GTO-455, Muncie M-21, Limited Slip, Being Painted Turquoise Blue With White Royal Bobcat Stripes
1972 GTO-455, Ram Air IV Cam, 6X Heads, Headers, Performer Intake, Q-Jet, Th400, 3.55's. Cardinal Red
1966 LeMans-Aquiring soon. Want to add 389/3x2's, 4-speed, GTO hood, and Burgendy paint.
Heart Of Illinois GTO's Member

Heart Of Illinois GTO club member

"This aint no damn Chevelle"

Old 03-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Senior Chief

I'd side with the Laser , they are the same as the Talon without the heavy body kit.

I like the way Talons look though. 11.3 would kill my Firebird anyday even with all the mods I want to put in it.

Tyler

Old 03-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Senior Chief

THOSE EARLY FIREBIRDS CAN REALLY FLY.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	race%20c10.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	15521  

Old 03-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

thats a nice ass firebird, i wanna buy one like that soon too.

There are only so many green M&M's a man can eat before he wants a blue M&M !!!!(by 72lemans)

Old 03-13-2003, 06:21 AM

I saw the funniest thing the other day while commuting. It was one of those 2 door mid to late 80's Nissan Sentra 2 doors, big-ass Supra style wing, little tiny exhaust tip(I guess they don't all put the big fart can??) with dots around the tip, and big huge red type R stickers on all the windows, which were also tinted. I was trying to get his attention, I was going to ask if he had the windows tinted because he was embarrassed to be driving such a p.o.s.

Nothing is real if you don't believe in yourself-Rocky Balboa

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 03-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

he might not know english mikey, alot dont. all they can say is u got intake?lmao

There are only so many green M&M's a man can eat before he wants a blue M&M !!!!(by 72lemans)

Old 03-13-2003, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 03-13-2003, 06:43 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Wier:
I would love to have another TA, I'm sure I'll own one again, just can't afford it right now. Don't need a fake roll cage, I need a real one, my talon runs 11.3 at 126mph in the 1/4. Hoping for mid 10's with a new turbo setup. Its got Crower rods and JE pistons (.020 over, 122ci 4cyl), t3/t4 turbo setup, large front mount intercooler, home ported head, 8500rpm redline, 80hp NOS kit (runs 11.6@120mph without the nitrous).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, your car isn't rice at all. I am surprised that you can't afford a TA because I could have got three 79's with the amount of money I put in my Talon! Lol! I would love to have one again but I still remember being broke and my Talon making me broker. And mine was still pretty stock. Anyways congrats on being open-minded. So many import and domestic guys have one track minds. They think their cars are better than the others. A fast car is a fast car and looks are subjective although those ricers and their monkeybars and subwolfer NOZZZ bottles have NO excuse!

Rice is a state of mind. I have seen plenty of riced domestics!!

Good luck on tens! Fast with class!

Old 03-13-2003, 08:42 PM

Jason, I hate to be a doubting Thomas...but how do you get a 4 cyl 122ci to run an 11.3 with no nitrous, no supercharger? I mean you might want to share this info with other 4 cyl guys. I once read about a Honda 1.5 Indy engine that made 1500HP. Is your car factory front wheel drive? Got any pics of yours? I thought once you break 12's, a roll bar is mandatory to race? I am not an expert on racing, and dont race myself, but it is a subject that intrests me. A friend of mine restored a 79TA for around 10K doing the work himself including paint and body. Its not fast, but it looks great with the Smokey and the Bandit package. It would seem that you could build a TA for under 15 so dont give up. Heck a new Accord is probably 20.

Old 03-13-2003, 09:41 PM

Umm , I think he has a turbocharger system Dan. Says T3/T4 Turbo Setup , and Intercooler.

Old 03-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Senior Chief

And possibly AWD. A lot of those three have AWD which is great for stop light races.

Tyler

Old 03-14-2003, 09:54 PM

My car is AWD, a 4cyl can make BIG power with 20+psi of boost. I ran the 11.3 with an 80hp shot of nitrous. It ran 11.61 at 120 without the nitrous. The track I run at only makes me wear a helmet running 11's for now, but I am getting a larger turbo and that might change. I only have about $10,000 in my Talon including the car (70,000 miles, bought from original owner for $3500). I loved my TA, but the fact is my talon would eat it for breakfast and still get 20+mpg. I will own another TA again though, I have always liked pontiacs.

Old 03-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What kinda Hp you making with that thing????
you say your running 20 LBS of boost? forged crank and Rods i take it ??
Mike

Old 03-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 03-19-2003, 06:18 PM

Hey I respect your Talon's performance. It is very impressive. I like the way they look too. I would not consider it rice unless you did silly things like wings and fartpipes and neon lights. I think you can certainly rice out any car even an American make. I dont think people are ricers just because they drive a Japanese make, its more what they do to it. I only buy American cars because I think they look the best and are safer and bigger. I am also proud to be an American and I think we import way too much stuff from Japan. I still have Pearl Harbor in the back of my mind. It really helps our economy and our workers if more people would buy American.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:31 PM

My Talon was actually assembled in the US by Americans, as are a lot of Honda's, its too bad its assembled from Japanese parts. The line between "import" and "domestic" is getting more blurry all the time.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:35 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LouisianaGuy:
What kinda Hp you making with that thing????
you say your running 20 LBS of boost? forged crank and Rods i take it ??
Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The motor has a forged crank and rods stock, but I have upgraded to Crower rods and JE pistons. I run about 20psi on pump gas and 30psi on race gas. HP???? I don't know, car wieghs 3200lbs and runs 126mph in the 1/4.