Old 08-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What do you need to know?

Old 08-20-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
What do you need to know?
Anything.

Seems one or two people in this thread have seen the car in person and have talked to the buyers, maybe even the seller.

So details about the car, its purported originality, & its condition. Details about the deals. Details and history of the seller. Anything anyone might know, or even suspect.

Thanks.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I'll sit down, put my feet up, and wait a while....

Old 08-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Hey guys,
The new owner has contacted me about this car.
I believe he contacted me because I wrote this piece about GP production on Classical Pontiac 20 years ago.
http://www.classicalpontiac.com/gp/

I really couldn't tell him anything because I have no access to source material/documentation.

He really needs to talk to Jim Mattison over at PHS.

Can any of you provide more details about the car and the deals that have happens thus far?
The new owner contacted me also and I informed him the car is a complete fake. There's really nothing else to ad. If he still thinks the car is real then he's in for a sad ending. I told him to get his money back asap. That was all I could do for him. He's on his own now. What is Mattison going to say anyway? The original motor that came with the car is an automatic code and it has the cars VIN on it.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4king View Post
The new owner contacted me also and I informed him the car is a complete fake. There's really nothing else to ad. If he still thinks the car is real then he's in for a sad ending. I told him to get his money back asap. That was all I could do for him. He's on his own now. What is Mattison going to say anyway? The original motor that came with the car is an automatic code and it has the cars VIN on it.
I think the new owner is holding out hope that the car might be something special.
He talks about a piece of documentation; a change order that changed the car on the assembly line from an auto to a stick. He's pinning his hopes on this piece of documentation.
I have no knowledge of documentation like that; maybe Mattison can help with that.

But I'm not even sure any of that matters anyways if the car is beat.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On many PHS' there is a 'Change Alert'.
(especially 1970?)

Mine has one on my Formula.

But it has nothing to do with the trannies.
(not sure what the changes were actually, and nothing is written what they were)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks like the fraudster seller found the perfect buyer, who is looking for reasons, like an assembly line change, not to litigate.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some people really get on my nerves to be honest. The guy calls me because he says he values my opinion and then when I give him my expertise he didn't want to believe what I told him. I knew that's what he thought. He's buying that bull**** that the seller told him about the CHANGE ALERT on the bottom of the phs. I'll tell you guys like I told him. Change alert is put on many phs' s when the car was ordered at one dealer but shipped to a different dealer. It's that plain and simple. That's why there's no charge. I tried to explain that to him and he told me he believed me but then wants to believe something else. The car is a automatic car that was converted around 10 years ago by someone in my area. I remember the car when the guy would show it tryin to impress people saying he had a rare car. I told him the car had loads of bodywork done to it and had some rust issues in the floors besides being a fake. Now I'm out! I hate when someone gets ripped off and my heart was in the right place but this is why it's bad to get involved in other people's business. In all honesty shame on him for not doing him homework before he made the mistake. Now he wants help! I'm out.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hopefully the buyer can sell it as an automatic car, lose a few grand, and learn for next time. Hopefully he doesn't have to take a huge hit. Just today, at the Cleveland area All Pontiac show, I saw a 71 {?} Grand Prix J for 18k. Too much money, but they are loved by certain buyers.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:39 PM

Can't blame the guy for trying to find the "truth" he's hoping for.
He probably just spent $20-25k on a more-than-likely faked car not in the best shape.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He had the chance to make it right to himself. When we spoke the car had not been picked up yet. I told him to leave it there and get his money back. The seller was put on notice when he sold it the first time. Even if he didn't know when he sold it he was aware that it was a fake the second time he sold it. Now I would consider this time fraud. Buyer should have ran away when he had the chance. Shame

Old 08-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not picked up? So he didn't take possession, which is a big part of the law. All he would have to litigate was return of money. He blew it. By the way, are you taking any thing to Fall Carlisle?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:38 PM

He hasn't taken delivery yet.

Sounds like he contacted Don AFTER he bought the car.
He's been trying to get out of it since then. Even spending hours on the phone with eBay.
I told him to contact the state's attorney general.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I told him to contact the local authorities in Georgetown Delaware. That where the dealership is. In a small town like that I'm sure they would help him out. He just has to be more direct with this guy. The dealer is not a nice guy to deal with but I'm sure if he handles it the right way he will get his money back. The first guy that bought it demanded his money back and it was returned to him. Hopefully this will be resolved in a timely fashion. I wish him well.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh shoot - I was within miles of there the other day. Could have paid a visit to the dealership.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:31 AM
Senior Chief

The car will probably appear at fall carlisle or hershey show with the story attached to it!

Old 08-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Senior Chief

Default ?

It looks by the feedback that was left for the seller of this car that the buyer is very happy with it.... go figure.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpFreak View Post
It looks by the feedback that was left for the seller of this car that the buyer is very happy with it.... go figure.
Don't know what that's all about but I did find a smoking gun confirming the selling dealer is a snake. Go to completed listings under grand prix on eBay and you will see the car has sold twice. Once to this new guy on August 6th and before to my friend on July 5th. In the first listing he says the car is numbers matching! The second ad is exactly the same but he conventionally left out the matching numbers line. Goes to show how he's watching his back.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not a bad looking car. As a SJ Grand Prix automatic car, its probably worth 18k or so.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1975pacer View Post
Not a bad looking car. As a SJ Grand Prix automatic car, its probably worth 18k or so.
Not if it's full of bondo with rusty floor boards like Don says it is.