Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Senior Chief

Ok so far so good you are still cheaper than building an IA2, it will be lots of power too, sedate and get 23+ mpg.

If you figure a very well built stocker 400 with all the new exhaust and tanks and such you are still about dead even and will get twice the gas mileage and still have a motor that acts mellow but has the punch without a temperment.

You could save a little money with buying a take out of a wrecked car but better safe than sorry and you get the latest and greatest. Hell a take out LS3 versus a new crate LS3 is just a few pennies anyway so a crate makes lots of sense.

Cannot wait to see it sitting in the hole and all that, exciting you are making it real hard for me to not install the LS1 I have in my 65 wagon. it is supposed to go into my 37 ford so it can be my economy car LOL

ON the trans part that is a tough call I bet you get a mild built 4l60 or 65 and it will be enough. the 4l80 of course would be even better but money and I think you would have to cut the floor some more and have a separate computer.

Ok so while I am spending your money just get one of those new 6 speed automatics that would be real cool and then put a paddly shift on your steering. Done deal!! LOL

CURRENT CARS
68 Firbird 400ci convertible