Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-01-2023, 09:03 AM

Default "The Parts Place"/Please share if you had Good or Bad dealings with them.

I placed a small order with them 2 or 3 weeks ago. About a $75 order. Three separate parts. The first two parts were fine. The third was a gauge lens cover for my 67 gto. The lens had a 2-inch crack wear the tach needle goes plus it had small gouge marks in the plastic. They sent a replacement. On the second one, there was a gouge mark, and the tach needle was bent and loose. I don't want them to send a third one. I wanted a refund. They want me to send the parts back at my expense. Why should I have to pay for their mistake? The Lense was shipped loose with foam around it. To me it should be in its own box with some sort of foam around the tach needle to protect it. When I call them, I get the same guy every time. He kept telling me about the shipping that it's against company policy for them to pay for return shipping. I thought I would try and save a little bit by going with them instead of Ames but in the long run it's going to cost more since I will get the part from Ames now, having to pay to ship the parts back to the parts place and then pay shipping to Ames. I will probably never do business with the parts place again. I thought I would have a second source for parts, but I guess not. Very POOR customer service.

Old 12-01-2023, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Customer service is mostly hit and miss..............mostly miss. Count your loss and move on to another vendor.

Old 12-02-2023, 08:06 PM

When you order your parts from the parts place on eBay- they will automatically pay for the shipping back to them. That’s the only way I order from them

Old 12-03-2023, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abefromen View Post
Customer service is mostly hit and miss..............mostly miss. Count your loss and move on to another vendor.
This^^^^

Old 12-19-2023, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They are 1 of the worst dealers & poor quality items.

Old 01-15-2024, 09:47 AM

The parts place did end up giving me a refund on the gauge lens and I also did not have to return the defective lenses so all is good.