WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 10-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't think of one import that it looks the same as it. If you are referring to the overall shape, go look at the imports from the 60's. They were boxy just like the GTO, so I guess they were the same. You have to look at the current car trends, you can't have an unaerodynamic box now or everyone will have to pay the gas guzzler tax. The car has a similar shape to a Ferrari 456GT too, is that so bad? If you get vague enough you can say "it has 4 wheels and 2 doors, way to follow the pack instead of being a leader Pontiac." This just sounds like total BS nitpicking, if you don't like how it looks that's fine. The bogus reasons are what bug me.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't think of one import that it looks the same as it. If you are referring to the overall shape, go look at the imports from the 60's. They were boxy just like the GTO, so I guess they were the same. You have to look at the current car trends, you can't have an unaerodynamic box now or everyone will have to pay the gas guzzler tax. The car has a similar shape to a Ferrari 456GT too, is that so bad? If you get vague enough you can say "it has 4 wheels and 2 doors, way to follow the pack instead of being a leader Pontiac." This just sounds like total BS nitpicking, if you don't like how it looks that's fine. The bogus reasons are what bug me.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 10-24-2003, 12:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 10-24-2003, 02:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL @ Mikey. Mike, you did know the F-body was made, for the last 9 years of it's life, in CANADA, which is OUTSIDE America/UNITED STATES? So based on your defintion, they are IMPORTS also.

Remember, GM=GLOBAL BUSINESS
Old 10-24-2003, 08:10 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTO_2004:
talk to me like that!!! you'll get smack in the mouth

seriously, insults aside, i know how you are thinking, and trust me dude you are WRONG on this !!

ok try to erase in your mind that the newer trans-am ever existed and suddlenly I present to you the 4th gen F-body, with its sharp nose and batman wing on the back, you wouldn't say that looks like an import, gimme a break.

its only because you are used to the T/A that you don't have the same attitude towards it.

Australian RWD + American V8 - Now THAT'S what I call a "coalition".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bring it on Aussie boy

But look. The Firebird evolved into what it was and it was a mean looking car. It had style to it. Maybe it is because I'm used to it but G.M. didn't take the easiest route with the car. I mean it sucks that they went totally corporate with the car, but it was still around and that is what we had. I don't think the Firebird looks like an import, but whoever said it(was it you?) the Sunfire does look like it....Not the other way around, the 'Bird was here first The GTO just doesn't have style to it. Especially when you see it against the Holden. The Holden is(here we go again) a nice car, but they skimped out while changing it over to the GTO. Maybe if they had kept the drivetrain layout of the car, the IRS etc and actually spent more than 10 minutes on the body, or hired a 13 year old to redesign it, the car would have its own identity and look good. And don't give me that crap about "it takes blah blah blah to get a car out and this was a good job". You can't tell me that they spent any amount of time on changing the front fascia but couldn't spend another 20 minutes doing something with the body

Nothing is real if you don't believe in yourself-Rocky Balboa

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 10-24-2003, 08:17 AM

bobzdar, you don't see ANY cars that look similar? And that's b.s. G.M. did not have anything in common with the imports back then. Ok I was trying to post pics here but can't Look at this and tell me you can't see a lot of the same lines(I'm not saying the same exact car, just very similar)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6059

And Chris, come on. We all know Canada is just another big state in the U.S. (just kidding all you Canadians). Um....last time i checked Canada is part of North America which would make it American(technically speaking, it's just not part of the U.S.). Besides, correct me if I am wrong but the car was designed here and made here first then moved up there? Or they closed the plant here and just kept production up there? I know it was something like that so that is a different scenario.

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 10-24-2003, 08:38 AM

look mikey youre a decent bloke, i know you from other conversations in the Lobby, and neither of us are gonna change our opinions on the subject.

but since Cass has been kind enough to create a section for the new car, im going to try to make this the most informative and up to date source of info on the net.

why should those other gto sites get all the credit.

Australian RWD + American V8 - Now THAT'S what I call a "coalition".
Old 10-24-2003, 08:57 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTO_2004:
look mikey youre a decent bloke, i know you from other conversations in the Lobby, and neither of us are gonna change our opinions on the subject.

but since Cass has been kind enough to create a section for the new car, im going to try to make this the most informative and up to date source of info on the net.

why should those other gto sites get all the credit.

Australian RWD + American V8 - Now THAT'S what I call a "coalition".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, I wasn't taking it serious thats why I said that back to you I like to goof around and you know something? Having a difference of opinion with people is what makes us all different. I'm sure the "GTO" is going to be a good car(as is the Holden) just some style. Please. I think the one in your avatar would have been another half hour on the drawing board and a big step in the right direction. Maybe the SLP version will help a lot. Time will tell. For me, I couldn't justify spending $35,000 on a plain jane looking car. Sleeper? Yes, but eh....I like some style too.