Old 01-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My heater blower went out on my 69 GTO i need help trying to replace it.
I am trying to take out the passenger side inner fenderwell to get to it, but cant get it out. I have all the screwes out but cant get it out.

ANY HELP PLEASE???

Old 01-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My heater blower went out on my 69 GTO i need help trying to replace it.
I am trying to take out the passenger side inner fenderwell to get to it, but cant get it out. I have all the screwes out but cant get it out.

ANY HELP PLEASE???

Old 01-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My guess would be you missed a screw or two. Taking them all out may only allow you to drop it down a few inches without wheel removal.

Old 01-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You aren't going to get it out. Impossible without removing the fender. Been there, tried that, gave up after 2 nights.
For blower motor replacement, on the inner fender will be a round indentation that marks where you're supposed to cut it out, and reach in from there to replace the motor.

TIGER EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection for the Traditional Pontiac Engine. bill@tigerefi.com

462 cid/ 6x-4/ TH400/ 3.36:1/ 28x10.5/ 3880#/ 12.35 @ 109.36/ 1.69 60 ft/ 4 wheel disc brakes/ 15 mpg
Old 01-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

here we go the 2nd time i tried to post this but it didnt go thru i got the heater blower motor in ( pulled out the innerfenderwell ) and i have no heat i checked all the fuses and none are blown any suggestions anyone ???

Old 01-30-2003, 10:46 AM

Do you mean the blower motor won't run?

Old 01-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to 428GTO70

Is this an AC car? if so there should be a 4? prong plug on the side where the resistor for the different speeds is at, not sure where it is on a non ac car but I would check this out. Check for a good ground on the motor. I think there is a relay also on the firewall for the blower. Basically I would get a power tester and start checking your wires and try to trace the problem back, I think the wires go thru the firewall in the round hole plug towards the middle of the firewall where the vacuum hose for AC cars also go thru.

GR-RRR!

1970 GTO 458 CID .040 over 4 Bolt 428 Block, Forged Eagle 455 Crank, 295 CFM SD KRE D-Ports, SD Old Faithful HR Cam + Comp HR Lifters, PPR Maxx-lite rods, Racetec pistons, PRW 1.65 SS Rockers, 900CFM Holley HP TBI, Performer RPM, Hooker Super Comps, 3" X-Pipe into 2.5" mufflers/tailpipes, 2.75 1st TH400, Continental 13" Converter, 8.5" 3.08 Posi.
Everything installed, fired up and tuning has begun!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Suspended

run power directly from the battery to the new blower motor. If it runs, okay. If not, check ground or connect ground back to battery, if runs, blower okay, if not get a another blower motor. Then look at the rest of the system after you confirm blower runs with direct power.

Old 02-04-2003, 12:20 PM

the resistor on a non-a/c car is in the top of the heater box above the trans hump.

take out the glove box and you'll see it.

if you have power coming into the plug you can jump the connection there and see if the motor runs, if it does get another resistor.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-11-2003, 07:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

well i got it to work on high but i need a blower motor resistor and ive called both year one and paddock and they say the part is discontinued anyone have a suggestion as to where i can find one ? im gonan call around at some junkyards today im only 20 years old so i dont knwo how these cars worked the heat back in the day but is the blower motor resister that thing by the blower motor that has 3 springs on the inside and has a wire harness running to it or is it the box looking thing on my firewall ? thanks for all your help so far ( i managed to get the innerfenderwell out without taking the fender off ) i just had to "persuade" it out

Old 02-11-2003, 07:51 AM
Senior Chief

The resistor is the thing that has the wires going to it. Try calling PY or Ames. If your car has AC, they have what you need. If no AC, there is a good chance they will still be able to help you.