Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-29-2020, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Shiny piston crown says head to piston contact. Could be the cause (no running clearance when hot and took out the bearing) or the result (bearing gone, rod loose on the throws causing contact). I bought an engine just like that the owner claimed multiple spun bearings. Each responding piston showed head contact. Checked the deck height and block deck had been excessively cut. I had the piston tops milled lightly for running clearance and rode resized to get back to zero deck.

Old 08-29-2020, 11:23 PM
Suspended

Siamesed cylinders.. When I went to the Chevrolet big block, I was amazed at how much this matters... Everything is so stable with the big block, I was always moving things around with the others... Hard Times used to run different heat ranges in the two middle cyls in his amazingly fast Firebird...