Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default replacememt harmonic balancer bearing and sand blast cabinet referal

I have what ithink is a lisle balancer instalation tool. the thrust bearing started to fall apart, and the balls fell out. anyone have a part number for a better quality bearing? Comp sells a replacment for $20 but it looks like the same junk.
Also in the market for small bench top sand blast. I am leaning toward a poly unit for no seams for media to fall through, Only need to put intakes and wheels in it. so i think the standard 22x18ish will suffice. Thank you for your suggestions

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 09-10-2020, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If at all possible get the bearing number off the bearing and buy the same thing in a name brand like SKF etc. There should be a standard bearing number engraved on it somewhere. If not, measure it and go to one of the bearing supply websites and do a search on the measurements to find an equivalent.

The Following User Says Thank You to dataway For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

this is my back up plan lol

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 09-10-2020, 08:50 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to 1968firebird455

Chances are https://www.mcmaster.com/ has what you need. Not the cheapest but you may be able to find what you need and cross reference the bearing number. A tapered thrust bearing should do the trick.

As for blast cabinets I have the skatblast from TP tools. good unit that has easily found replacement parts. Blast cabinets are self destructive and have consumables that need replaced.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

+1 on both McMaster and getting a cabinet that you can easily get replacement parts for. I built my own in my metal shop .. but used Skatblast parts.

Mine leaks like a sieve more sand on the floor than in the blaster, but it works pretty good. I have it hooked up to a suction fan that exhausts the fine particles outside the shop. Yep the seams on metal cabinets can be a source of leaks for sure, but then I've never owned a GOOD metal cabinet either.