Old 10-10-2020, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Used Muncie M20 input shaft wanted (any condition)

Hopefully someone other than myself saves everything. I need a cheap beat up input shaft. It will be cut up and used as a homemade tool to press on a pilot bearing. It does need to have a decent nose where the pilot bushing/bearing slips on however. Otherwise it can be junk as far as the gears and teeth are concerned. Thanks.

Robert

6d7gto@gmail.com

Old 10-10-2020, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

An old socket will work better because you do not want to be driving the bearing in by the center race.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6d7gto View Post
Hopefully someone other than myself saves everything. I need a cheap beat up input shaft. It will be cut up and used as a homemade tool to press on a pilot bearing. It does need to have a decent nose where the pilot bushing/bearing slips on however. Otherwise it can be junk as far as the gears and teeth are concerned. Thanks.

Robert

6d7gto@gmail.com
Use a bearing driver tool to install the bearing, then use the Muncie Input shaft tool to line up the clutch disk. I have an old Muncie shaft, and I find it more accurate than using the cheap plastic tools to line up the disk.

The Following User Says Thank You to propuckstopper For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2020, 01:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
An old socket will work better because you do not want to be driving the bearing in by the center race.
I plan on cutting off the end of the input shaft then chucking it in a lathe to true it up parallel to the bearing. A bronze bushing will slide onto the input nose first which will be used to actually drive the bearing on. The bushing will be lathed out on one side so the only contact will be on the outer race. I made a homemade puller that bolts to the crank where the flywheel attaches. In this case, the puller will actually be used to push the bearing on with a bolt centered against the cut off input shaft. Screwing the bolt in will drive the bearing on (at least in theory). Does that make sense?

Old 10-12-2020, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by propuckstopper View Post
Use a bearing driver tool to install the bearing, then use the Muncie Input shaft tool to line up the clutch disk. I have an old Muncie shaft, and I find it more accurate than using the cheap plastic tools to line up the disk.
I don't have the right size driver tool so I'm making my own. Don't want to hammer the bearing on, I prefer to try and press it on.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Made the tool out of a bolt...but still need an input shaft as a clutch disk alignment tool. Anyone have one they'd like to sell?

Old 10-14-2020, 05:49 PM
Senior Chief

RAM Clutches makes a very nice billet steel alignment tool for about $50 if you can’t find one.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:11 PM

I have clutch alignment tools/ OEM Muncie inputs with broken gears cut off...

Cleaned, blasted, and Zinc plated...

10 spline $25.00 shipped to the lower 48 states
26 spline out of stock

Thanks... Crash

crash_enterprises@yahoo.com

Old 10-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggto View Post
RAM Clutches makes a very nice billet steel alignment tool for about $50 if you can’t find one.
Thank you for the heads up. Just got one from a fellow member.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashent View Post
I have clutch alignment tools/ OEM Muncie inputs with broken gears cut off...

Cleaned, blasted, and Zinc plated...

10 spline $25.00 shipped to the lower 48 states
26 spline out of stock

Thanks... Crash

crash_enterprises@yahoo.com
That's an outstanding deal but I just got one from a fellow member named Rich. Thank you for the great offer Crash.