THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-10-2023, 06:54 PM
Senior Chief

Excellent Champ. Im glad its all working out.

I too started back into downhill skiing regularly(went 3-4 times a week when I was young) in January after only going once or twice a year at most( many years were zero) for the last 20+ years. I retired in May last year and have been looking for things to keep me active. Started golfing(walk the course) up to 3 times a week in Summer and now Skiing 3 times a week in Winter.
When I went for the first time mid January I realized how much I still really loved skiing and had a blast. I echo the get good boots comment, I've always had race boots and they can be quite painful and cold. I still bought high end 120 flex boots but heat fitted them myself this time and now have great boots that don't hurt. I also had to pick up news skis as mine were ~40 years old, so I'm rather $$$$$ committed at this time, but I love it so I don't care. I even convinced an old friend to join me most days and we are working on a third friend to join us.
I hope you have as much fun as I am.
Rob

Old 03-13-2023, 01:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I skiied freestyle when I
Was young at the slopes constantly in winter. I as an instructor but also We used to do acro ski, pole flips, leg breakers forward flips etc. Most people don’t realize how hard it is. Quit when I met my wife she couldn’t ski so I started learning snow boarding w her did that for many years until going back to skiing to teach my kids been skiing again since . Knees are shot back is shot but still trying to do rails and stuff w my kids these days.
This is what freestyle was :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4mW6...Qkc5X&index=22

For the record we did our routines to ozzy and Iron Maiden and zeppelin and doors not the stuff you see in videos on YouTube .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kKxuSe...kQkc5X&index=6

If you did freestyle at this time you had your pick of any girl at the ski slopes it was so popular it was part of the Olympics then it got overly cheesy and just disapeared .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMg4Nt...Qkc5X&index=28

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 03-13-2023 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2023, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=Will;6108457]Right on Champ!

Here is my favorite picture of me and my dog Jack in the Stevens Pass backcountry on one of the best ski days of my life.

Congrats to champ! I always wnted to go skiiing just never did.

That is one of the coolest pics I've ever seen!!

Old 03-13-2023, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Never too old to start....

The bunny hill can be your friend as you build up confidence!

Snow is a lot softer than pavement.