THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For those that don’t know.....at least for me......the actual “peeing” it out part isn’t the painful part. Peeing it out is exciting, but more in a spasm/thank God that’s over kind of way. The make you puke, pee blood, double over with pain part is when it’s augering it’s way from the kidney to the bladder and plugging the works up along the way.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You nailed it, David.

66 Chevy II 461 Pontiac in AZ
The Following User Says Thank You to tooski For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My ex-Boss's brother-in-law has had medical papers published about him. He's had more kidney stones than you can shake a stick at.

Another friend of mine doubled-up and wanted to die some years ago. Kidney stone(s). Doctor had him peeing into a screen, so he'd catch any stones that escaped. Doc also told him to drink lots of lemonade.

The acid in the lemonade dissolves the stones. He never did catch anything in the screen--it (or they) all melted away. Gotta be careful of the sugar in the lemonade; if you're diabetic or pre-diabetic, you're likely looking for lemon juice not lemonade. (or, I suppose, any other source of dietary acidic product.)

Old 02-26-2020, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've heard of the link between KS and soft drinks, but not necessarily between Mountain Dew and KS. My younger brother had frequent issues with KS and he was always drinking Mountain Dew, or in his later years Diet Mountain Dew. I also have a friend at work that I go to lunch with almost every day. He's in his early 40s, and his favorite drink is Mountain Dew. He was out last week due to a KS. He is taking some medicine, and if he doesn't pass it he will be getting a medical procedure soon.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I read a book. Authored by Levy, continues work done by Dr. Jenner, Dr. Cathcart, and Linus Pauling were the key Refs, amongs 1,000s of References.

Vitamin C dissolves Stones (Kidney, Bladder)
Vitamin C PREVENTS Stones.
Either Ascorbic acid, or Sodium Ascorbate is fine.
Takes 8 weeks to rid the pathways of any stones, of any size, age.

Calcium Ascorbate (on Sale now) CAUSES Stones, and is from the devil.

So, that book i read uses the " Cure word " over 100 times.

Last edited by Half-Inch Stud; 02-26-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are many different types of stones and there aren’t all caused by the same thing in different people. Two of us could eat, drink, live etc exactly the same way and I might get a stone....you might not. I believe oxalate stones are the most common, but yours might be made by eating way too much red meat while mine might come from drinking too much tea. And somebody else might not get one ever doing the same thing.
Common do’s.
Drink water. Lots. Citric acid is good. Lemon juice is about the best, but any way you can get it. If you pass a stone, get it tested. Find out what type. Adjust your diet. I hope you’re better at that than I am. There are meds that can help chronic makers and I probably should partake....but I hate taking regular meds. Sooo, I’ll eat peanut m&ms and enjoy turnip greens and every now and then I’ll hurt.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In early 2018, I was having back pain and blood in urine. Obviously, I was concerned so went to my doc and had a CT scan. Kidney stones, and lots of them. However, he referred me to a local urology practice just for a checkup. So I went and saw this beautiful nurse practitioner who had me drop my drawers so she could examine me. Quite a pleasant experience. Anyway, there was nothing else going on except the stones. The kidney pain and blood in the urine has been intermittently happening ever since. Got real bad blood and pain in late December and I went to the ER, and yup, the stones. Back in January, I finally passed my first stone. Was peeing and had a sharp pain for a split second and there was this little stone in the toilet. Like a large grain of sand.